How's 2.2?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

Re: How's 2.2?

Post by pref » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 11:14

radcapricorn wrote:
Wed, 20. Mar 19, 21:59
Each person's game seems to be drastically different. In my new start (25+ hours in, started just at the end of 2.20 beta), HOP doesn't show any interest in invading SCII so far.
The problem is not about who invades who - any such dynamic behaviour is welcome as it increases replay value.

The problem is a main faction's military being defunct. For me that is a major issue which will hurt game balance in a real bad way on mid/long term.
Even without that there are lots of issues with NPC target priorities which turn the war into a mess - i mean an I and K going for some S ships instead of a CV which is building another defence platform in their space and things like that.

HOP tends to go on a rampage if they are well supplied, might have to do something with faction quota settings, but i never investigated that.
That is another issue that available supplies alone seems to limit a factions fight capability with a hard limit on quotas - they do not have a budget or some similar more organic limit tied to their economic strength.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 11:55

SPiDER wrote:
Wed, 20. Mar 19, 17:03
ARG and ANT military still Broken..Ships stuck in eqp dock ..Colosus still orbiting the Wharf ..no new builds for s and m ships ...queue is still at 68
Yep, i checked it now.
It's not about the build queue, in my game ARG wharf has no ships in queue but still the argon military is stuck circling it with a resupply command.
Either not fixed at all, or the 2.0 jobs need to timeout and maybe a new resupply command will not be buggy any more. Got no time to check that though now.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 12:39

pref wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 11:14
The problem is not about who invades who - any such dynamic behaviour is welcome as it increases replay value. The problem is a main faction's military being defunct. For me that is a major issue which will hurt game balance in a real bad way on mid/long term.
Ack. Yeah, I see what you mean now.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Thu, 21. Mar 19, 12:56

Still there thats four of their Behemoths out of action and HOP in Argon Prime now

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Fri, 22. Mar 19, 21:40

Thought i ask about a couple critical issues i had - maybe you guys can spare me some hours figuring it out on my own:
1. Is the issue fixed with player assets ignoring orders and wandering off after that random P or whatever enemy?
NO - Artificial Idiots are still being idiotic. TBH I have always thought that AI meant artificial idiot to Egosoft - it has only ever been community mods that eventually managed to inject some common sense into these games. As far as I can tell from previous game designers statements over the years this seems to be by design along with the most minimal unpleasent UI possible to attempt to gain control - apparently it makes for good gameplay - well to one person at least I suppose. (?!?)
2. Are factions still building 10s of defence stations in enemy space instead of building the necessary defence stations and moving on to economy (productive stations) from there?
YES
3. Is argon/ant military functional again or they still only circle around a wharf?
Not noticed
4. Are faction ships attacking new enemy stations/builds/CVs now with high prio (or at all)?
NO
5. Is the sound bug fixed with those clicks and engine sounds going on in the cockpit constantly within couple minutes of loading a save?
I think I only get this when near a station.
6. Is the bug with EVA fixed where camera and player position was jerking around constantly?
Not had this problem, though control in suit mode is horrible.
7. Is it stable? I had CTDs, UI collapsing (main menu entries invisible etc).
- Occasional crash
8. Is it possible to sell ship building mats with a wharf/dock attached to a complex?
- It seems so.
9. Did ES keep the 5 cluster max limit on traders?
- Not sure all of my traders were auto-traders who got assigned to stations.
10. Or are there any new showstopper bugs?
- There are lots of show stopping bugs - not sure any are new.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Fri, 22. Mar 19, 22:42

I had to take radical action which I may probably end up regreting but with ARG military so defunct I took out the shipyard in Matrix 79b left the wharf and solar plant but took out their 'yard so at least there is still action in the north just without

K and I incursions..Maybe EGO could add the posibility of Xenon rebuilding the 'YARD once ARG military gets fixed maybe at the same time as a one time only thing.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Fri, 22. Mar 19, 22:45

And meant to add Wharf's and 'Yards adding to complex's does STILL result only in BUY offers for top level Wares not SELL offers

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 16:24

Sir Warwick wrote:
Fri, 22. Mar 19, 21:40
snip
SPiDER wrote:
Fri, 22. Mar 19, 22:45
And meant to add Wharf's and 'Yards adding to complex's does STILL result only in BUY offers for top level Wares not SELL offers
Thanks guys. Think i'll postpone for now.

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 17:28

After suffering much lag in silent witness I where my main ship yard is, I seem to have finally fixed the lag by wiping out all HOP military ships in my sector.

I got sick of them shooting at half the traders who were trading with my yard (loss of reserve stock for ship building, loss of credits - they deserved their fate). Once the last destroyer of theirs was exterminated and thing returned to normal I noticed that the game had became playable again, fps returned to something sensible and ship moving around relatively smoothly again.

I am guessing that them being such an agressive bunch of numpties that when faced with so much choice as to what to shoot at, the atificial idiot attack script lags the hell of everything trying to decide the next on the innocent victim. About once a second I used to get a momentary freeze making it pretty much unplayable in cockpit.

So anyone else who has a shipyard that has ever sold to other races and now have their system infested with HOP as a result and otherwise have a lot of trader visiting your station - wipe out the HOP military ships in your own sector - all of them! Your rep with wont take that much of a dive and you may find the game gets alot more responsive and you may also find improved trade even without them as they wont be trashing half the traders.

I still have overall good rep with the HOP, however I have not had their military back up here and just the occasional trader of theirs. I think it is their general hatred of everyone that causes issues in systems where most other factions are likely to be present in high numbers (such as with a busy ship yards do huge trade with all main factions). I leave my shipyards on restricted trade now just so that HOP cant infest and lag the system again which is a shame. We desperately need more find grained control of who we trade with and which wares and/or ships for each faction.

TheAsgard
x4

Post by TheAsgard » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 06:00

pref wrote:
Wed, 20. Mar 19, 16:32
mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 20. Mar 19, 16:27
I wonder what are the stability issues that people report
Lucky guy..
Keeping map open for some minutes -> FPS dropping to single digit then likely CTD.
EVA bug -> UI issues, then CTD
Random CTDs i cannot link to anything, but i wasn't even trying to figure it out tbh.

All started on 2.0.
Only ever had one CTD on my Alienware laptop and I’m sure that was down to low available memory. On my desktop computer I have had none.

The game does push the hardware. If you have anything on the edge hardware wise I’m sure this game would push it over.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 06:57

With 2.23 Beta noticed- (2.21 Beta 1 sorry)
API interface hack mods, aka mods which rely on the menu hack API to make edits to the user interface, are broken you get a transparent background on all submenus.
Map performance slightly better tho I do have pause background enabled while a menu is open which may be why.
Last edited by Misunderstood Wookie on Sun, 24. Mar 19, 07:30, edited 2 times in total.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 07:04

ledhead900 wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 06:57
With 2.23 Beta noticed...
Can I borrow your time machine for a few seconds?

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 07:09

2.2 is a marked performance increase for me, especially in the map.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 07:29

radcapricorn wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 07:04
ledhead900 wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 06:57
With 2.23 Beta noticed...
Can I borrow your time machine for a few seconds?
Oops I mean't 2.21 Beta 1
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

paranoidsteve
x4

Post by paranoidsteve » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 22:10

Well here is something new. 1 day 6 hours into a new game and the Xenon have won except for the mopping up, they control all systems with a supply of methane. They have actually taken control of 12 systems that I bothered to count. Without a supply of methane no ships are now being built by anyone except the xenon, and they seem to be only capital ships which the seem to sit on all gates and stations, even after they wreaked the station. :gruebel:

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 22:51

I'm surprised that this hasnt happened elsewhere.....all well and good making xenon more aggressive and packing a bigger punch...but where was the equal beef up of Allied Factions... watching K's and I's come through the gate and lay waste to HAT 1 was too much..there was just no response...especially with four destroyers and a carrier on " Holiday".

With the way that K' behave IS allies need to respond with 6M's 6S's and a Destroyer....sending one out matched destroyer and two scouts was pointless

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 23:51

Heh, lol.

Think attackers always have an advantage, due to target priorities at least.
An attack force will go through a gate to attack a station usually.
Defence forces seem to pick random targets, i have seen that on both ends (haven't played on 2.2 though).
Result is usually patrols just ignore the real battle and engage some random ships in the far corner. While attackers can do serious destruction more or less undisturbed.

For ex HOP goes to faulty logic, a couple CVs build some stations, and a few of their S ships end up there too. Then an I and a K comes and starts to chase the small ships, and take ages to kill it (OOS). They get distracted like that for hours, while HOP peacefully builds 11 defence stations in the sector.
Same done by Xenon forces in the neighbouring HOP sector, they just build a def station without a single HOP ship engaging. They chase down Ps, Ms and effectively do nothing that would matter.

And with the simplified xenon economy they are at a huge advantage, need much less stations to produce ships.

I went through a couple scripts on 2.0 - target selection is often like "pick a random vessel nearby if possible with similar class (l/xl vs m/s)".. think they might even ignore CVs entirely in cases as those aren't combat ships that are likely to attack.
On top of that follow is simply not working so even if ships are in same squad they often attack 1 by 1.
Haven't checked how organic capships manage their turrets since 1.6, but if it's similar still then i can imagine IS they haven't much chance against Ks or Is - i killed some of those in 2.0 and their turret performance became acceptable, which is way above that of an Ody for ex in 1.6.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 03:53

pref wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 23:51
Heh, lol.

Think attackers always have an advantage, due to target priorities at least.
An attack force will go through a gate to attack a station usually.
Defence forces seem to pick random targets, i have seen that on both ends (haven't played on 2.2 though).
Result is usually patrols just ignore the real battle and engage some random ships in the far corner. While attackers can do serious destruction more or less undisturbed.

For ex HOP goes to faulty logic, a couple CVs build some stations, and a few of their S ships end up there too. Then an I and a K comes and starts to chase the small ships, and take ages to kill it (OOS). They get distracted like that for hours, while HOP peacefully builds 11 defence stations in the sector.
Same done by Xenon forces in the neighbouring HOP sector, they just build a def station without a single HOP ship engaging. They chase down Ps, Ms and effectively do nothing that would matter.

And with the simplified xenon economy they are at a huge advantage, need much less stations to produce ships.

I went through a couple scripts on 2.0 - target selection is often like "pick a random vessel nearby if possible with similar class (l/xl vs m/s)".. think they might even ignore CVs entirely in cases as those aren't combat ships that are likely to attack.
On top of that follow is simply not working so even if ships are in same squad they often attack 1 by 1.
Haven't checked how organic capships manage their turrets since 1.6, but if it's similar still then i can imagine IS they haven't much chance against Ks or Is - i killed some of those in 2.0 and their turret performance became acceptable, which is way above that of an Ody for ex in 1.6.
TL:DR Version
The main allied races are at a disadvantage and seem to have poor priorities scripted for battle situations often picking random targets instead of coming in harder and engage the main threats to their sectors.

(tidbit: this needs to be addressed, make a bug report)
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 20:49

ledhead900 wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 03:53
this needs to be addressed, make a bug report
It's not a bug, but the implemented logic. The problem is ES thinks it's sufficient but i have no influence on their game design.
Also follow would need engine level support, you cannot script it in an effective way imo.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 07:02

pref wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 20:49
ledhead900 wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 03:53
this needs to be addressed, make a bug report
It's not a bug, but the implemented logic. The problem is ES thinks it's sufficient but i have no influence on their game design.
Also follow would need engine level support, you cannot script it in an effective way imo.
I would call it a bug because the AI is broken.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Return to “X4: Foundations”