V2.20 - Worst Update Yet!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

memxcom
x2

Re: V2.20 - Worst Update Yet!

Post by memxcom » Fri, 22. Mar 19, 22:18

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 22. Mar 19, 10:18
memxcom wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 19:31
I have to agree worst update yet, I can't even play the game for more then 15 seconds now before CTD, 2.0 and previous versions I had zero crashes. Anyway I'll wait for next patch to see if they get it sorted, I hope so.
The chances of us getting it sorted for whatever specific problem you are having will be much improved if we know why it's crashing so much for you, where it isn't for most people. That will mean you creating a thread in Tech Support and providing the information requested at the top of that forum.
Well I fixed it, don't ask me what was the issue, first I deleted my old AMD driver folder manually( only had two in there latest and previous) then I ran Advanced SystemCare 12 Pro inlcuding registry fixer/cleaner, then CCleaner (Free version)including registry cleaner, then Glary's Ultilites(Free version) including registry cleaner, and last System Ninja Program (free version), between them all they removed all the old invalid left over files or registry that was causing the issue :) .

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 00:35

That's good to hear, and thanks for reporting back what you did. :)

Donkeypancho
x4

Post by Donkeypancho » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 02:04

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 11:18
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 07:57
Fixed never-ending conversations with NPCs via the target monitor. - I had never seen this before but as of 2.20 I have now seen an occurrence
Bug report - There was an attempt to fix this but another case apparently remains. It's a tricky one as the issue doesn't survive savegames.
KlausM wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 16:52
Please confirm: You could save while the conversation window was still visible? Was the character in the window still moving after you saved, or was it a frozen image?
We would still like to know the above info when this happens.

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 07:57
Fixed NPC ships potentially waiting forever to restock at equipment docks. - This one I may have misinterpreted but even after 4+ hours of runtime without SETA in 2.20 there are still numerous ships floating around outside wharfs/EDs apparently stuck on the "Restock subordinates" (or something like that) command
There are improvements on the way for the queues at shipyards and equipment docks. If you do have such an issue, hosting a savegame or directly sending it to owen@egosoft.com would help us verify that our solutions clear your case.

I personally can't comment on the other issues at the moment. The cargo drone one will be something I'll look into and I'll make sure those involved are aware of the other issues if they aren't already.

Edit: As for 2.20 regressions, the only one I'm aware of is accepted War missions being removed after a certain amount of time.
My save game the big where the message "order completed" freezes the teladi's handsome mug on my screen like he is my spouse on my "desk" which also causes my screen to basically lock with the ingame mouse cursor until I go I to the map with the m key and then exit which fixes it. This happens when I am standing still on the station or wherever. Almost every time I push the m key to unfreeze the game it autosaves which leads me to believe that the freezing is stopping that from happening as well. This is a new save game from the latest patch. These are the first real game breaking bugs I have encountered.
I have a nice busted savegame with that bug repeatable if you want it.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 02:37

memxcom wrote:
Fri, 22. Mar 19, 22:18
CBJ wrote:
Fri, 22. Mar 19, 10:18
memxcom wrote:
Thu, 21. Mar 19, 19:31
I have to agree worst update yet, I can't even play the game for more then 15 seconds now before CTD, 2.0 and previous versions I had zero crashes. Anyway I'll wait for next patch to see if they get it sorted, I hope so.
The chances of us getting it sorted for whatever specific problem you are having will be much improved if we know why it's crashing so much for you, where it isn't for most people. That will mean you creating a thread in Tech Support and providing the information requested at the top of that forum.
Well I fixed it, don't ask me what was the issue, first I deleted my old AMD driver folder manually( only had two in there latest and previous) then I ran Advanced SystemCare 12 Pro inlcuding registry fixer/cleaner, then CCleaner (Free version)including registry cleaner, then Glary's Ultilites(Free version) including registry cleaner, and last System Ninja Program (free version), between them all they removed all the old invalid left over files or registry that was causing the issue :) .
You really went through the hoops with that one -
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=415638&p=4857772#p4857772
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Return to “X4: Foundations”