Been away a bit - can someone update me Trade n stuff questions

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nini
x4

Been away a bit - can someone update me Trade n stuff questions

Post by Nini » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 01:42

Wondering if someone can answer these questions or update me.

Did Egosoft mention anything on why they are forcing things into behavior menu and not letting us right click on map for say auto-trade?
Did they mention anything about why there is no "add all wares" or similar button to it - do we still have to click a million times? why..
Is it easier to hire crew now/move crew around? Crews for stations? did they fix that?

Is turrets fixed for bigger ships yet?
Did the economy get better?
I never noticed any "warlike" scenarios before, is the universe more alive now?
Can we target missiles?
Notice I can't get rep with scale plate? - can you mention it in encyclopedia perhaps ego?

pref
x4

Re: Been away a bit - can someone update me Trade n stuff questions

Post by pref » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 01:58

1. Did Egosoft mention anything on why they are forcing things into behavior menu and not letting us right click on map for say auto-trade?
No. Who cares why anyway, the result is important only.

2. Did they mention anything about why there is no "add all wares" or similar button to it - do we still have to click a million times? why..
No, but guess the answer would be lack of dev resources for UI polish. Or whatever - see 1.

3. Is it easier to hire crew now/move crew around? Crews for stations? did they fix that?
No.

4. Is turrets fixed for bigger ships yet?
They were improved. Better see for yourself, "fix" is subjective

5. Did the economy get better?
Not sure. For me it got much worse due to the max 5 cluster AT/station trader limit, if you want to make money off supplying shipyards and like manual trading it got better. Otherwise probably got worse.

6. I never noticed any "warlike" scenarios before, is the universe more alive now?
War is enabled now, but has several issues: ships not attacking newly built enemy stations, factions building insane amount of defence stations (10-20) in enemy or player owned territory, enemy factions using your allies' construction ships to build their stations, ARG acting weird - in cases they military force isn't doing much, and who knows what else.
Also all the issues/bugs with fleet AI now hurt much more as you really would need to be able to rely on the basic commands since there is actual war activity. But they are still a mess.
In my game it seems more like a bad joke, but ymmw.

7. Can we target missiles?
No.

Edit: issues related to 6 can seriously alter balance between factions - you should really consider waiting until those things get some attention from devs IF you care about faction power balance.

SPiDER
x4

Post by SPiDER » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 02:38

Performance and station building is fun....just do casual stuff though dont try and build your empire or do the war stuff its still way too borked.

Serious sound issues ruin the immmersion ,serious EVA bug makes doing missions a serioulsy frustrating experiance...but hey your ships dont killed doing ventures anymore...

shiptards got added which is fun too.. apart from you dont get paid from NPC's using your yard oh and dont forget if you invested 1 billion cr in the mega plex then add a wharf or yard you cant trade your top level wares anymore( the station dosent generate trade sell offers for the ship building materials only buy ) so thats great too.

Nini
x4

Post by Nini » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 03:30

Ill come back in six months again then =) Great job on performance btw, tested to play an hour tonight - atleast for me that part is way better <3

Nini
x4

Post by Nini » Wed, 20. Mar 19, 00:53

Wondering something else :
About laser towers -

Are they working now?

Like before, there was no way to hide them in property menu, is there a way to do this now?

They also had problems firing, do they always fire now?

For instance, the "work around" to hide them from property menu was to place them in a wing - but once you placed them in a wing (all of the diff sectors) - They got all weird and didn't want to fire anymore but rather starting retreating from combat etc. - still do this?

Is there a way to issue pilots to pick up laser towers in sector, or do you still have to manually do this? (it gets super annoying when you have 20+ laser towers bugged out, and have to replace them... by picking up each one individually..!)

Effectlivy rendering all laser towers useless, cus you dont want them cluttering up the property list - and they dont fire if you place them in a wing ;)

Return to “X4: Foundations”