Xenon sectors have ships melt

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JohnN1234
x4

Xenon sectors have ships melt

Post by JohnN1234 » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 04:38

Sometimes when sending ships into a Xenon sector, their shields drop quick and hull melts. Why is this?

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: Xenon sectors have ships melt

Post by Tamina » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 05:01

Some Xenon regions are hazardous.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

EvanRath
x4

Post by EvanRath » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 05:39

what it means is that there is "radiation" in certain areas and it slowly eats away at shield then hull.

if you boost away there is an edge to the area

also ive noticed that if you arent in the sector and your ships dont take damage, maybe its a bug i dunno

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 08:39

EvanRath wrote:
Fri, 15. Feb 19, 05:39
what it means is that there is "radiation" in certain areas and it slowly eats away at shield then hull.

if you boost away there is an edge to the area

also ive noticed that if you arent in the sector and your ships dont take damage, maybe its a bug i dunno
There are two sectors with Hazardous regions that I am aware of (there could be others)...

One is a Xenon sector:
Spoiler
Show
Tharka's Cascate
One is an Argon sector:
Spoiler
Show
The Void
In both cases, the regions are limited in area of effect but the Xenon case is unusual in that it covers most of the main area of the sector.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X4: Foundations”