SHIPYARDS What do you hope for

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordmuck
x4

Re: SHIPYARDS What do you hope for

Post by lordmuck » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 23:33

Shipyards, I hope that Egosoft will release the proper ship models for us not this students 3D assignment about toys for 4 year olds.

I hope the shipyards will use a decent amount of mats, able to build all the factions ships including sentinel and vanguard. I hope that with shipyards we have a way to farm ship mods and not use an 8hr crap venture which is dumb imo adds nothing that changes anything in game.

I just hope it works like damn shipyard O.o what else can you hope for, that it works rofl

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 00:33

I do hope there is a fairly demanding challenge to gain the shipyard/wharf facility.

Also, I really liked how a shipyard mod worked in, I think it was X3 Terran Conflict (could have been Reunion), where the player had to reverse engineer any ship to gain the blue prints and then directly ensure all the specific materials were in stock, etc. A nice additional feature of being able to thieve blue prints would be great too.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 03:30

waynetarlton wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 00:33
I do hope there is a fairly demanding challenge to gain the shipyard/wharf facility.

Also, I really liked how a shipyard mod worked in, I think it was X3 Terran Conflict (could have been Reunion), where the player had to reverse engineer any ship to gain the blue prints and then directly ensure all the specific materials were in stock, etc. A nice additional feature of being able to thieve blue prints would be great too.
I have got the mammoth blueprint already, stuff an EMP on a mammoth :)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 05:00

lordmuck wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 03:30
It works for any capship i tried so far, except xenon.

Do the khaak have one btw?

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 05:14

pref wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 05:00
lordmuck wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 03:30
It works for any capship i tried so far, except xenon.

Do the khaak have one btw?
khaak have their farty little ships nothing big atm

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 11:12

darrund wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 12:53
To be honest I really don't care at all about shipyards especially the way things are right now.
There are so many other things that need fixing so shipyards are the least of my problems. And to have them for what really? To produce more of the same variants of ships already produced cheap enough in existing NPC shipyards?
What is the point? Credits are not an issue in X4 and the ships are cheap anyway, not to mention that are fast to build.
I honestly see no point in this. The game has lots of other weaknesses that need fixing like:
Bugged turrets, worthless capital ships that need balancing, stupid AI in many different occasions, lack of main or any kind of plot, very few (OK big but not really interesting) sectors, etc. etc just to name a few so the "shipyard" is the least of my problems.
So forgive for not being thrilled by that addition.Its just not something that I feel I need right now.
I am with you.

Just please fix the damn game before adding extra potentially buggy game breaking content.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 11:43

Well, as earlier posted, I'm hoping they don't overcomplicate it. More complications means more things that can break and bug out. Keep it simple like the faction shipyards, add resources and build ships. Building the shipyard itself and obtaining ship blueprints will undoubtedly take time and effort however.

I don't get the opposition towards player shipyards though, of course we want Egosoft to focus on fixing the fundamental flaws but that does not mean completely shrugging off features that should have been in the game since release anyway. Sure, let Ego fix all the standing issues first but, there's no problem discussing features we are looking forward to.

Player shipyards is by no means pointless either, it's more important than ever considering how the game works now, shipyards is now the final production tier as well. There is much more to this game than just making a fortune and then complaining that you have too much of it and don't know what to spend it on.

Why sit under the wing of an AI faction pondering what to do with all your billions when you can go independent? Build up a faction of your own and money doesn't matter anymore, self-sufficiency and production capacity becomes your new currency.

Has anyone else actually built up a fully self-sufficient economy and thought a shipyard would be the next logical step? Or do people only care about making a ton of money and call it a day? Be a bit more ambitious! But I guess player shipyards is the one thing that separates the patricians from the Caesars...
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 12:39

EmperorDragon wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 11:43
I don't get the opposition towards player shipyards though, of course we want Egosoft to focus on fixing the fundamental flaws but that does not mean completely shrugging off features that should have been in the game since release anyway. Sure, let Ego fix all the standing issues first but, there's no problem discussing features we are looking forward to.
OP asked for our opinions on shipyards.

Some people's opinions are that shipyards don't matter till the game is fixed. We are discussing this right now.

What's your point?

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 12:53

EmperorDragon wrote:
Well, as earlier posted, I'm hoping they don't overcomplicate it. More complications means more things that can break and bug out. Keep it simple like the faction shipyards, add resources and build ships. Building the shipyard itself and obtaining ship blueprints will undoubtedly take time and effort however.

Player shipyards is by no means pointless either, it's more important than ever considering how the game works now, shipyards is now the final production tier as well. There is much more to this game than just making a fortune and then complaining that you have too much of it and don't know what to spend it on.

Why sit under the wing of an AI faction pondering what to do with all your billions when you can go independent? Build up a faction of your own and money doesn't matter anymore, self-sufficiency and production capacity becomes your new currency.

Has anyone else actually built up a fully self-sufficient economy and thought a shipyard would be the next logical step? Or do people only care about making a ton of money and call it a day? Be a bit more ambitious! But I guess player shipyards is the one thing that separates the patricians from the Caesars...
It is not a question of opposition on the shipyards themselves.They can be immensely usefull but before having a real need for them it is important that some other game issues are fixed or at least addressed to in some manner.
Like i previously said to have the shipyards that can only produce the same ship variants with the existing NPC shipyards doesn't make much sense to me.Having the ability to enhance or reverse engineer some might spice up things a bit.Or the ability to find and reproduce unique ships.
Secondly and since game mechanics, content and bug fixing need a real buff, shipyards might also complicate things and add whole bunch of new buggs to make things worse.In my opinion, and this is just that "my opinion", shipyards should be implemented but a bit later on in the game and definitely after several other issues are solved, in order not to create more chaos and angry posts like "my shipyards are bugged" etc in the forums.
Finally for me at least content and bug fixing come first as a priority.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 13:03

wars needs to be fixed for shipyards, or you just spam a couple of fleets and the universe is dead, I bet simce people have billions that in like 24 hours that would happen:D
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 13:07

ApoxNM wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 12:39
EmperorDragon wrote:

Some people's opinions are that shipyards don't matter till the game is fixed. We are discussing this right now.

What's your point?
OP asked what we hope for with player shipyards i.e how we would like them to work, what it would take to get them and build them etc. Which could be interesting discussion.

We already know there's bugs and issues to be fixed, plenty of topics about that. Imagine that all bugs are fixed and we get shipyards next, how would you want them to work and how would you want them to be obtained and built?
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 13:11

EmperorDragon wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 13:07
ApoxNM wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 12:39
EmperorDragon wrote:

What's your point?
OP asked what we hope for with player shipyards i.e how we would like them to work, what it would take to get them and build them etc. Which could be interesting discussion.

We already know there's bugs and issues to be fixed, plenty of topics about that. Imagine that all bugs are fixed and we get shipyards next, how would you want them to work and how would you want them to be obtained and built?
If you ask that way. I guess like the AI Shipyrads, with the exception that I hope you can reverse engineer ships.

And what I would really love, are modular ships. Where I can make different version of the same ships, sacrifice cargo hold for more crew, or the other way around. Sacrifice cargo hold and crew for more engine / weapon slots.

I want totally customizable ships, which I can build for myslef for specific purposes!

But I am 99% we will not get that, but since you asked...

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 14:16

I have seen some posts about exceptional mods making turrets more useful - maybe even missile defence works with some extra weapon speed and turn rate?
Anyway if ES does not increase turret performance any other way i would like to get options to fix that - maybe having some common mods in the preset options could help this.. though if their negative stat is a high damage reduction in the 30s then i'm not sure it will be of any use.
Anyway modding all assets just to make turrets work (if they work like that, never tested mods on AI controlled ships) right now involves to much micro.

Other then that
i'd like to see some more complex requirement to build it like killing and looting a Xen SY for it, perhaps even a longer plot,
possibility to build all ships,
some requirements to be able to build all the ships - putting an EMP on them is okay on capships but a bit effortless and it won't work too well for smaller vessels, just buying them will mean i will have all ship BP in minutes - pretty cheap solution,
increased threat level to match our increased ship production,
large capacity docks.

Return to “X4: Foundations”