Flying around station in spacewalk mode and had close call

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Requiemfang
x4

Flying around station in spacewalk mode and had close call

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 02:29

Yeah... I had one of those "I should have brought an extra pair of panties/underwear." situations. Was floating along scanning a station to 100% and placing some EMP bombs for BP and heading back to my ship when I see to my left criminal scum civilian craft pop up, second or two later a stream of pulse and beam lasers and plasma balls come flying towards said criminal scum. All these shots hit and kill it but in the process nearly hit me by feet. Had a ball of super heated plasma fly right in front of me while I am moving on towards my ship, basically gave me a "OH SHIT!" moment. :lol:

waynetarlton
x4

Re: Flying around station in spacewalk mode and had close call

Post by waynetarlton » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 03:05

lol, scarey moment.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 07:59

You sometimes have to be careful in you suit by Stations. Sometimes you can get a Repair job right where there`s a busy lane passing by.

But my hairiest situation was when I was out in deep space, trying to open a lockbox when we got attacked by pirates. My relief pilot took off to fight them and got himself killed. I was then left, hiding behind the lockbox alone in dark space... Luckily the pirates flew away.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 08:43

I was doing a station repair mission, having passed a red triangle on the map while flying to the target station. Ignored it of course, because they're all just harmless and station security will hit any xenon or khaak... Turns out they don't bother so much about pirates though.

Next thing I know is my only ship is toast, and I'm stuck in just a spacesuit. Can't beat a pirate in that (although it couldn't seem to kill me either!), so it was new start time.

It made me smile though. Great that the game taught me such a good lesson.

Rug
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

Jabberwok
x4

Post by Jabberwok » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 18:45

I was kidnapped by a mass traffic pilot. Just as I was about to plant an emp bomb, I found myself hurtling to another station stuck inside tour bus from hell.

Return to “X4: Foundations”