First Anual X Business Association (XBA) Forum

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

First Anual X Business Association (XBA) Forum

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 00:03

Hello, I'm Ketraar, CEO of KET Industries and I would like to make public the result of the company's efforts and profits of its young history. We at KET Industries have always put profit as a high priority in all our projects, but we do not trivialize security, nor do we discount for the need of aesthetics. As such our projects are profitable, safe and pleasing all at the same time. As you can see in the images shown here.

Image Image Image

Our HQ is growing and we have great plans for the future. Most factions economies are fragile and we at KET Industries will not pass on the opportunity to help the people of these factions and make their economies flourish, while growing our own production and making a good profit in the process. We have 2 major project of support right now, The MIN Faction is asking us to provide 60k Smart Chip to be delivered to 18 Billion, for a bonus fee of 11 Million Credits in addition to the selling price of these Chips. While we started out by outsourcing the acquisition of the Smart Chips to other factories, we have invested in our own production and will have a much greater return now that we produce them ourselves.

An additional order has been already put forward that consists of 42k Smart Chips, 2700 Advanced Electronics and 1300 Drone Components , also to be delivered to stations in 18 Billion. We will have to buy the Drone Parts and Advanced Electronics as its not planed to invest in own production of these in the near future. The completion bonus for this is around 10 Million Credits.

We are also just about to conclude a deal to supply Stations in Holy Vision, their demands for Advanced Electronics, Drone and Turret Components should be met with the next shipment. This will net us a bonus of around 20 Million and even though we outsourced the production of all the materials, we had great margins and made quite the profit in the sales of those wares already.

Future plans involve investments in more production infrastructure and transport capabilities, we are contemplating acquiring 1 Large Freighter to be able to move much higher quantities and save on travel time, but its a huge sum to invest and it will be done when the Company has plenty of funds for it. Meanwhile its planed to purchase a new security and exploration vessel to replace the Peregrine, as the CEOs main means of transportation, we are looking for a vessel that can hold at least one small ship to serve as short range scout or delivery ship. Suggestions were made to look into a Cerberus Class ship made by the Argon, but no decision has been made as of yet.

To conclude this report, we will list few statistics as to provide context to the company's standing at this point and its history.

Company Stats
Company Life time: 1d 13h
Known Locations of Trade: 43 Sectors
Company Treasury: 5.627.449 Credits
Ships owned:
  • 2 Manoria Miner (M)
  • 2 Mercury Transporter (M)
  • 1 Tern Transporter (M)
  • 1 Kestrel (S)
  • 1 Perseus (S) (used to venture)
  • 1 Peregrine (M) (The CEO's Ships)
HQ Modules Count: 36
Trade information gathering: 60 Satellites (3 of which are advanced)
Trades Concluded: 712
Trade Value: 91.061.985 Credits

CEO's Stats
Trade Rank: Professional Privateer
Security Rank: Lieutenant 2nd Grade
Member of the Teladi Trade Guild
Member of the Antigone Trade Guild
134 Confirmed Kills (of which 120 are Xenon or Khaak)
1 Visitor Killed

We will update this report periodically as the company grows, both in wealth and influence. We encourage other CEOs to do the same and maybe we can learn from other companies and that way increase our and their profitability. We thank you for your attention and wish many profits.

May profits be with you.

Ketraar, CEO

OneOfMany
x4

Re: KET Industries - A Quarterly Report

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 01:02

Nice to see your empire expanding Ketraar. Did you know a single silicon wafer production module cans support 20 smart chip fabs.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 02:02

No I didnt, tbh I didnt dive too much into number crunching yet, I'm in the enjoying the game phase and just want to play it. I'm sure we'll find a way to make some profit from the surplus.

MFG

Ketraar

sintri
x4

Post by sintri » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 05:30

The starter base is a terrible base. Every single one of the hardpoints is offset axis wise from the parent space, meaning if you build on any other level other than the base, you can't rely on rotation lock to keep everything lined up. That and there's so much wasted space and ships aim for the center before trying to dock and low and behold, there's a giant rock in the center of the base. Lest you really like the look of the ring, you're better off building elsewhere.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 06:42

On my PHQ, I have a dock, and... that's it. I don't like it's layout for putting on modules.

battou
x4

Post by battou » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 08:29

91 million in one day... This game is too easy and to fast progressing.((

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 09:49

Where`s your personal CEO boardroom with your personal chair you can sit in? And your cigar?

Guess the builders are still working on it.

Nice write up anyway.

Falcrack wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 06:42
On my PHQ, I have a dock, and... that's it. I don't like it's layout for putting on modules.
Me too. But i`d like more personalisation. I`d probably make more of an effort if it had that. I don`t mind all the economy stuff I just want to be immersed in my big chair too!
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 10:24

battou wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 08:29
Thats trade value of those 712 trade runs, not profit. ;-)
Where`s your personal CEO boardroom with your personal chair you can sit in? And your cigar?
There is no profit in smoking and since I'm mostly away anyway we didnt deam needed to add such luxury, but we will think about it in future should this module be made available.

MFG

Ketraar

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 10:27

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 10:24
battou wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 08:29
Thats trade value of those 712 trade runs, not profit. ;-)
There is no profit in smoking and since I'm mostly away anyway we didnt deam needed to add such luxury, but we will think about it in future should this module be made available.

MFG

Ketraar
The cigar was a bit of a joke,(I don`t actually smoke.lol) but I am serious about having our own CEO room to sit in and feel cool about. :) I`d make more of an effort in building a base then.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 10:45

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 02:02
No I didnt, tbh I didnt dive too much into number crunching yet, I'm in the enjoying the game phase and just want to play it. I'm sure we'll find a way to make some profit from the surplus.

MFG

Ketraar
yes, sadly the ability to ignore the dark side is an important virtue when it comes to playing X4. good luck to your efforts though, its good to see at least some can enjoy the game

breizhbugs
x4

Post by breizhbugs » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 11:38

sintri wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 05:30
...if you build on any other level other than the base, you can't rely on rotation lock to keep everything lined up.
Put a cross connector on each of the original point. Then put a huge vertical module on each cross connection(either above or below depending on where you plan to extends). Now put a cross conector on each of those vertical connectors without rotating them. They will all be aligned together and you can express your OCD way of life

TDQuasar
x4

Re: First Anual X Business Association (XBA) Forum

Post by TDQuasar » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 00:35

Very nice work, keep it up fellow galactic CEO. 8)

I might also assemble a summary about my empire when I get the time.
X4 Foundations videos ***NOT MODIFIED***
X Rebirth Vanilla Plot videos
X Rebirth videos
I also have a lot of older ***NOT MODIFIED*** X3 videos.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 00:38

TDQuasar wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 00:35
I might also assemble a summary about my empire when I get the time.
I had aspirations in this direction, and salute those who persist with it, but as it's now been confirmed that 1.51b still has major shortcomings when it comes to faction conflict (and hence global demand) my plans for galactic economic dominance are on the back-burner for the immediate future.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 00:55

Today we received the bonus for completing the supply contract of Holy Vision. 20 Million Credits boost our ability for investment quite a bit. As such we decided to invest in 2 more Mining ships of the Minoria class and assign them to the HQ as to provide a steadier influx of Silicon for the Silicon Wafer production, in turn required for our Smart Chips plants. To be able to move greater quantities and since we have the cash also buy more in bulk, we also acquired a L sized Freighter of teh Sonra class. This is mainly to expedite the 2 supply contracts we have open with the Teladi.

Also we moved to upgrade the CEO's personal vessel to a Cerberus, appropriately named Serenity and also decided to add some mods to it, since our Perseus returned with materials from the Venture into the Multiverse. Additionally we also thought it would be good to have the CEO be flexible and thus added a Quasar, named Andromeda, to the Cerberus' hanger, allowing for faster short range scouting or engagements if needed.

We also added a SPP module to the HQ and will be adding more production in near future. For now this is it and we will update more as information is made relevant, also more stats next time.

Ketraar, CEO

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 08:50

Ah, loving this thread, and it looks like you're having as much fun as I am. Will follow your route to galactic domination with interest! :)
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Return to “X4: Foundations”