How to get npc station informations (storage, etc.)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Old Drullo321
x4

How to get npc station informations (storage, etc.)

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 19:36

Hello there,

Even as a veteran, I'm still trying to figure out, how I get informations about the storage of a NPC stations, e.g. I want to know the stock on a wharf. The X4 online manual (see: https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... I/Stations ) only talks about scanning stations which I know how it works. Do I need to fully scan every single npc station I want those informations about? Is there another way. What I'm missing? I only get

I3laze
x4

Re: How to get npc station informations (storage, etc.)

Post by I3laze » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 23:25

I am also wondering this and the only way I can get full info is by scanning nearly the whole of the station.

Does using advanced satellites reveal the stock levels of stations without personally scanning the station?

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 07:26

I think you do indeed need to personally (that is, in your playership and/or spacesuit) scan any station for which you desire that information. Once you have unlocked the info it is available forever and does not expire. The only really important ones to know the storage levels of are the shipyards/wharfs/eqdocks, the rest of the stations it really doesn't matter much and you can simply look at their buy/sell offers for the information you need. So that's like 9-12ish stations total you pretty much are required to scan.

Speculation: I have not done science on this, but I think that you only need to scan the storage modules on the station, to get the full storage information. That's the way it seems to work to me, but I have not done rigorous experimentation.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

sintri
x4

Post by sintri » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 07:48

Rank up, pay that 10mil+ for trade partnership, should unlock information of every single station for that faction. Otherwise, do believe it is turn on scanning, hug each station module. Course this won't have an updated trade list so ranking up and paying is preferable, albeit takes a little while to hit that rep level.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 07:56

sintri wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 07:48
Rank up, pay that 10mil+ for trade partnership, should unlock information of every single station for that faction.
That would be awesome! But I thought the trade subscription only gave you access to trade offers. Have you tested this? To be clear I am too poor to have ever purchased a trade subscription, so I don't know.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 14. Jan 19, 11:43

sintri wrote:
Rank up, pay that 10mil+ for trade partnership, should unlock information of every single station for that faction. Otherwise, do believe it is turn on scanning, hug each station module. Course this won't have an updated trade list so ranking up and paying is preferable, albeit takes a little while to hit that rep level.
Nope. It only makes the trade offers available for stations you see on the map. However once you reach a reputation of 27 (or 28, I'm not sure) with a faction all their stations are 100% scanned.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 00:53

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 11:43
sintri wrote:
Nope. It only makes the trade offers available for stations you see on the map. However once you reach a reputation of 27 (or 28, I'm not sure) with a faction all their stations are 100% scanned.
AHh, so that would explain why every station I go to has 100% scanned, when I know i've never even flown close to it before, let alone scanned it.

So, if I have a trade subscription, and they build a station out of my satellite range, and I don't know it's there... i won't get updates? But once I've discovered it, I'll get updates?

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 03:59

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 14. Jan 19, 11:43
However once you reach a reputation of 27 (or 28, I'm not sure) with a faction all their stations are 100% scanned.
Rep 27 would make sense as it is the same number used to determine if you can teleport to NPC stations.
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations”