After 90 hours - A Few Suggestions

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

marikc

After 90 hours - A Few Suggestions

Post by marikc » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:40

After about 90 hours in the game here are a few suggestions for the developers (or modders of course):

* Additional control of miners/station miners: "Only mine in this sector(s)". I've had miners for my station go across the entire map into Xenon territory and get destroyed. There's no reason that they should go so far.
* Miners should only mine in locations where we have placed resource satellites (within a radius of that area of course). These satellites currently serve very little purpose and this should be why they exist. If the yield is bad, we destroy them and miners shouldn't mine in that general area.
* OR at least allow a flag to be set in the configuration of a miner to "Only mine near resource satellites". This will act like an additional configuration for miners like the first suggestion.
* Also a configuration option: "Exclude this sector" for Traders and Miners both.
* There should be skilled pilots on stations to hire. Currently have seen none. This is a frequently asked question.
* Drones are not working on stations. We can't get them. Regardless of whether we have the resources. Cargo drones when we get them should be able to move resources to/from build storage if needed (I'm not sure if that's why they exist or not since we can't get them right now).
* We are not able to get ammunition/missiles on our stations.
* Station miners/traders are behaving oddly. When you set them to become a trader or miner for the station they seem to randomly decide how the behavior screen is setup. Sometimes I'm seeing config options for what to mine/etc, sometimes I simply see "Hold position" or "Patrol" as the default.
* Crossfire when your ships and another faction are attacking Xenon for example results in pissing off that faction. Then your station destroys them when they attack you. They ask for forgiveness when they attack you. You should have to do 10% damage to their shields at least for example for them to get upset and become agro/red/lose rep. We should be able to ask for forgiveness. Maybe ask for forgiveness but still lose -1 rep for the incident? Some way to get out of that situation.
* When we set distance for buy/sell/mining for example, we don't really have any idea how far that really is. We need some way to see it visually. Which brings another issue. It's confusing what these distances actually do. For example a miner. Is that mining distance or selling distance? I think a lot of people assume this is one or the other and don't actually know that for sure.

Added:
* It should not matter who is in the queue at a station when you only need crew and crew shouldn't need engine parts/etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations”