Anyone else notice how uncomfortable the chairs look for Teladi?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Requiemfang
x4

Anyone else notice how uncomfortable the chairs look for Teladi?

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 22:09

Yea, I was just pondering this and seeing Teladi's sitting in the chairs we have on ships, Teladi have tails unlike the rest of the universe races in the game, boy you would think the devs would have designed chairs that at least would be moderately comfortable for our Profitzzz loving lizards. :lol:

DeFragMe
x4

Re: Anyone else notice how uncomfortable the chairs look for Teladi?

Post by DeFragMe » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 22:10

Requiemfang wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 22:09
Yea, I was just pondering this and seeing Teladi's sitting in the chairs we have on ships, Teladi have tails unlike the rest of the universe races in the game, boy you would think the devs would have designed chairs that at least would be moderately comfortable for our Proftzzz loving lizards. :lol:
not just teladi, ever seen how a paranid sit? its like they are standing, why do they even use a chair?

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:00

Paranids are ok. Their alien skeleton looks designed to sit that way and so the chairs are designed that way.

I had not noticed the Teladi tails actually....
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

DeFragMe
x4

Post by DeFragMe » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:04

Socratatus wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:00
Paranids are ok. Their alien skeleton looks designed to sit that way and so the chairs are designed that way.

I had not noticed the Teladi tails actually....
depends, i only rarely realy "sit" in their chair. usually they are.. how to say... standing on them, like 40cm higher than they should be. and i dont mean the fact that their chairs are tilted differently, but that they are... halfloating.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:47

teladi were offered a choice between proper tail support and cheaper seats, you know which one they picked...

I'm pretty sure paranid are supposed to be in a standing/leaning posture. I think sitting human style just isnt their thing.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

GalGof
x4

Post by GalGof » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:56

well, once i saw teladi chair, can't say it looked more comfortable

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1617259450

G̵̙͚̦̟̭͖͉̰̟̞̘̦͚̖͇̹̏͋̇̃́̑̓̂̿̽̈́͂̽͗͋̒̀̓̍̌̍͋a̶̡̧̢̳̹͓̰̙̼͕̬̯̝͉͙̞͓̹̫͍̤̟̥͔̫̱͐̿̓̂̋̓̍̀̈́͑̌̀̀́̎͘͘͜l̶͓͗̀͌͐͐͋̎̐̔̏̏̆̂̂̓̉̀͑̿͗̚͠Ģ̵̞͈̘͈̟̖̼͈̞͙͒͂̎̄̄̇͑̎̇̆͛́̌̚͘͘͜͠ͅơ̵̲͍͍͖̲͋̾̅̌͒̓͛̀̾͘f̴̧̛̼̩͓͍̖̦̼̦̜̤͈̯͓́̓̋̈́̐̒́͊̔̓͂̈́̈́̿́́̒͘͘̚̕͜͜͝

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:57

"Captain, we've just got the new chairs installed"
"What is that?!"
"For Teladi, that's a tail hole. For everyone else, that's a 24/7 watch implement, sir!"

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 06:03

GalGof wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:56
well, once i saw teladi chair, can't say it looked more comfortable

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1617259450
LOL Yes... that bug... the placement of that NPC is horribly bad. I doubt it'll be fixed, I mean look at X rebirth, Yisha the co-pilot most of the time doesn't even sit in the seat properly and the devs never fixed that.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 07:34

radcapricorn wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:57
"What is that?!"
"For Teladi, that's a tail hole. For everyone else, that's a 24/7 watch implement, sir!"
So you have a bridge mod that turns all the seats on Teladi ships into nominal toilets? ;)

I would have thought that the Teladi would use bar stool like pilot chairs... maybe with a g-frame type back support (meaning one or more horizontal torso support struts connected to the seat base by typically 2 vertical connecting struts). I will have to look more closely at the few Teladi crew members on my predominantly Argon crewed ships.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 09:52

radcapricorn wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:57
"What is that?!"
its a hole for scarepoop

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 14:04

DeFragMe wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 23:04
depends, i only rarely realy "sit" in their chair. usually they are.. how to say... standing on them, like 40cm higher than they should be. and i dont mean the fact that their chairs are tilted differently, but that they are... halfloating.
Yes that is because they are sitting on their tails. And getting all kinds of spinescale deformations meanwhile.

Return to “X4: Foundations”