Overview in the build setup

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

80think08
x3tc

Overview in the build setup

Post by 80think08 » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 14:58

Hi there... so its me again.
I am just going to add a recommendation to improve the overview in the build setup and well, we could expand it to the logical overview aswell.

A cube with a 20 km diameter is a lot of space, and so the amount of objects you can (but maybe shouldnt) put in there is quite high. I created as my first goal in the game a big factory, that kinda build everything and gathered anything to be prepared for an option to build ships on your own (hopefully coming as mentioned in the 1.5 patch release video) and maybe also to get tons of credits.. like wow tons of it. I really dont know anymore where to put it.
So I kinda have this overview problem (asside from that massive lag spike inside the build setup). You may have noticed that there is a list of all the structures you have built on the right hand side in chronological order. Well you can imagine how long this list gets if even the silly cross connections are listed up. I really would love to see this list to be cleaned up. Maybe with a panel to toggle unnecessary connection structures off, or maybe a panel in the same way as for managing a fleet, which could show you the amount of microchip factories you have and maye also the total amount of its production values. Those two things especially the way to decrease the amount of what we see would be really great.

Love your game btw. It is really cool, even though you guys kinda underestimated the power of the high ground and the speed of player progression, lol. ("whaat, they already want to build a docking station? "
That was cute )

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Re: Overview in the build setup

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 17:43

Addition to build page,
Toggle on/off faint grid lines, showing what is going to fit inside your new plot !
When selecting a production module to place in the build, for it to show what storage it needs !
When setting up your plot, you can rotate it. But then when placing your modules you don’t know what corner is where in relation to your chosen rotation. Quit often I have the dock/pier facing the wrong way ! There is no reference !

I agree about the huge list at the right side, be nice to condense or turn off the huge number of items. One station I have built has 8 x E pier;s on and all the orange docking border Lines fill the screen making it hard to see whats what!

By the way it’s a Builder’s collage station, some were for me to park my collection of Building ships. And a money sink, No sooner is one phase built the cash has doubled and I have to have some way to get rid of the stuff !!! Produces nothing ! All pier’s Docks, Habitation & defence modules. Looks cool.

Return to “X4: Foundations”