Player Builders Slower Than AI?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bellatormonk
x4

Player Builders Slower Than AI?

Post by Bellatormonk » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 02:52

So is anyone else seeing long build times for Stations using your own Builders instead of paying the 50k for an AI? I realize the AI is cheaper no matter what, however I tried using my own for a bit anyways. I have one Station my ship has been working on for 12 game hours or so and it's not for a lack of build materials. One module alone is listed at taking 1 hour and 50 minutes to complete compared to 10 minutes or less when the AI seems to build one?

strask412
x4

Re: Player Builders Slower Than AI?

Post by strask412 » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 02:56

I have no experience using my own builders but I wonder how many build drones you have it stocked with?
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

ei8htx
x4

Post by ei8htx » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 04:37

After hiring one several times and noticing only a couple construction drones, I figured I'd buy my own and load it up with 100.

However, I never see more than about 10 at any one time. This would appear to make buying a TL mostly worthless.

All that said, I haven't noticed a difference in build time, so long as the resources are there.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 04:53

ei8htx wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 04:37
After hiring one several times and noticing only a couple construction drones, I figured I'd buy my own and load it up with 100.

However, I never see more than about 10 at any one time. This would appear to make buying a TL mostly worthless.

All that said, I haven't noticed a difference in build time, so long as the resources are there.
Perhaps higher skill cpt can use more? I guess no one really knows as the devs dont tell us anything lol

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 04:59

Bellatormonk wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 02:52
So is anyone else seeing long build times for Stations using your own Builders instead of paying the 50k for an AI? I realize the AI is cheaper no matter what, however I tried using my own for a bit anyways. I have one Station my ship has been working on for 12 game hours or so and it's not for a lack of build materials. One module alone is listed at taking 1 hour and 50 minutes to complete compared to 10 minutes or less when the AI seems to build one?
Do you have full builder drones on your builder? Did you lose any in an attack? The longest build time I've ever seen for a module is 20 minutes (real time)

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 05:01

ei8htx wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 04:37

Buying a builder is pure convenience. I strongly prefer it to hunting builders down on the map and hoping they're not busy, and hoping they're not from an opposing faction to the one I want to build in (they can get blown up after being hired). Screw that noise. I will buy my own builder all day every day and fully deck it out, because 20 million or so is chump change.

Bellatormonk
x4

Post by Bellatormonk » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 05:42

lordmuck wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 02:59
how many construction drones ?
I had realized after looking at the ship's order and info...I had made this one a Drone Combat Carrier...it only had 1 Construction Drone. So...I guess they did think of Build Speed in relation to Drones :lol:

So now I have realized I cannot cancel the orders of a Builder. I cannot "fire" mine and hire another. So I am building another Mammoth with 50 Build Drones and will attempt a Ware Transfer with the Combat Carrier and offload the combat/repair drones onto the "New" Builder and swap out till it has enough Drones to speed the builds up....

This is like some serious Governmental type work here....what a boondoggle...

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 10:17

Good idea with the drone transfer idea :)

IIRC in XR, transferred Construction Drones would only start to work after the current stage of a build queue was complete.

So if they don't work straight away in X4, hopefully they will after the existing module is finished.

Bellatormonk
x4

Post by Bellatormonk » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:11

Well the Drone transfer did not work because the Build Order was stuck at the top of the Q and I could not even temporarily make the Transfer/Trader order take priority. I had to destroy my Builders :roll:

GalGof
x4

Post by GalGof » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:48

you should have canceled construction, it drop builder assighnment also after deconstruction finishes. (and make some resources from the air)

G̵̙͚̦̟̭͖͉̰̟̞̘̦͚̖͇̹̏͋̇̃́̑̓̂̿̽̈́͂̽͗͋̒̀̓̍̌̍͋a̶̡̧̢̳̹͓̰̙̼͕̬̯̝͉͙̞͓̹̫͍̤̟̥͔̫̱͐̿̓̂̋̓̍̀̈́͑̌̀̀́̎͘͘͜l̶͓͗̀͌͐͐͋̎̐̔̏̏̆̂̂̓̉̀͑̿͗̚͠Ģ̵̞͈̘͈̟̖̼͈̞͙͒͂̎̄̄̇͑̎̇̆͛́̌̚͘͘͜͠ͅơ̵̲͍͍͖̲͋̾̅̌͒̓͛̀̾͘f̴̧̛̼̩͓͍̖̦̼̦̜̤͈̯͓́̓̋̈́̐̒́͊̔̓͂̈́̈́̿́́̒͘͘̚̕͜͜͝

Bellatormonk
x4

Post by Bellatormonk » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 02:04

Nah I had over 20 modules in the Q...that's a lot of work to undo :)

GalGof
x4

Post by GalGof » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 09:17

u need to replace just single one in progress, on shake it on place

G̵̙͚̦̟̭͖͉̰̟̞̘̦͚̖͇̹̏͋̇̃́̑̓̂̿̽̈́͂̽͗͋̒̀̓̍̌̍͋a̶̡̧̢̳̹͓̰̙̼͕̬̯̝͉͙̞͓̹̫͍̤̟̥͔̫̱͐̿̓̂̋̓̍̀̈́͑̌̀̀́̎͘͘͜l̶͓͗̀͌͐͐͋̎̐̔̏̏̆̂̂̓̉̀͑̿͗̚͠Ģ̵̞͈̘͈̟̖̼͈̞͙͒͂̎̄̄̇͑̎̇̆͛́̌̚͘͘͜͠ͅơ̵̲͍͍͖̲͋̾̅̌͒̓͛̀̾͘f̴̧̛̼̩͓͍̖̦̼̦̜̤͈̯͓́̓̋̈́̐̒́͊̔̓͂̈́̈́̿́́̒͘͘̚̕͜͜͝

Bellatormonk
x4

Post by Bellatormonk » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 19:37

Solid idea. Although the station was already a functioning production complex and having the Station "rebuild" itself to stop construction (and losing everything in Storage) on additional modules shouldn't have to be answer. The answer should be the Devs fix Builder Ships not being able to cancel build orders.
Having to find creative workarounds can be fun...but not at the expense of hours of progress in the game. Guess what..people can't say this an Early Access either....so....yah..... :gruebel:

Return to “X4: Foundations”