SHIP'S AND DULL ENCOUNTERS

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zigelmind
x4

SHIP'S AND DULL ENCOUNTERS

Post by zigelmind » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 13:43

I have put in about 400 Hours so far, Have my PHQ and one other station that is currently doing an average of 7 million credits an hour, I could buy some of the carrier ship's but so far have not had the heart to do so, I do find the so called carrier ships are dull and really not worth spending anywhere up to 40 Million on them, The look of them is to my mind boxes with turrets on them or missiles, The Teladi vessel shows a bit more adventurism, but still no were near the ships we had in X3 Albion Prelude, I used to fly the Split Tiger, and other ships that come to mind is the ATF Agier, Or the Paranid Agamemnon (M-7). There were also a lot of prototype ships that have disappeared, (may-be because they are lost in sectors yet to be discovered ?) Argon Ammon, Boron Barracuda, Paranid Medusa and many more prototype ships that have disappeared. AS for the PHQ here is my radical view on the Large rock, asteroid what ever you want to call it in the centre of the PHQ, Maybe its some kind of unknown material (maybe the same material that the inactive Gates are made out of) Maybe a method is found to mine that Rock ? and from the mined material a new gate is created in the middle of your PHQ, this gate would take you to say 50/75 new sector's maybe including some of the lost sector. Maybe a mega new assignment is given that when completed will allow all the inactive gates to work again ??. just a wondering thought. I fought my first battle with a K today, i was in my Nemisis Vanguard and it was so disapointing attacking a much bigger ship i thought would be challenging, But no it was so boring i cruised in to the wake of the ship and then did nothing as what ever the K did my ship matched it, All i had to do was press Fire until i destroyed it, i got a thank you and 600.000 Credits for it, Not one missle or laser or bolt was fired at me at any time my ship totally undamaged, I did expect a lot more then this.
Everyone who plays a game want's to be challenged and not just walk over an enemy.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: SHIP'S AND DULL ENCOUNTERS

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 17:26

How are you playing the game without a working Enter key?

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 21:23

totally agree with you in all points especially the horrendous ships they made in x4 and how dull and boring they are, from weapons, to how they feel in battle, aesthetics and cheapness of they way they have been made. No variations of weapons from factions.

I understand how you feel

blanmgr
x4

Post by blanmgr » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 21:42

lordmuck wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 21:23
totally agree with you in all points especially the horrendous ships they made in x4 and how dull and boring they are, from weapons, to how they feel in battle, aesthetics and cheapness of they way they have been made. No variations of weapons from factions.

Every point made here is "On Point"! We are totally missing the types of variations between the ships (variations), weapons and all. You go to different stations and they "ALL" have the same weapons and equipment. I loved the variations of weapons and even the need to reload such as the chain gun in X3TC.

DeFragMe
x4

Post by DeFragMe » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 22:18

blanmgr wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 21:42
lordmuck wrote:
Sat, 5. Jan 19, 21:23

Every point made here is "On Point"! We are totally missing the types of variations between the ships (variations), weapons and all. You go to different stations and they "ALL" have the same weapons and equipment. I loved the variations of weapons and even the need to reload such as the chain gun in X3TC.
well. not "all".. but nearlly all. i havent seen anyone else than Argon sell the ion blaster (not that it is really good in anyway, but hey , its something).

but yes, in X4 everything is kinda to samey in the way of what/who can use what. especially my ship/weapon choises do tend to stick out.. S ship always with high speed shotguns and M ship always with Bolt/pulse depending on what i feel like.. because why not? i can use everything anyway.. kind of boring to have no choice to make. especially on S ships where a high reload shotgun basically kills everything like flys, even better on highest mod with cooling and damage.

Return to “X4: Foundations”