After playing 413 hrs, I can say X4 Foundation 1.5 is just 60% full released.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bradfordvs
x4

Re: After playing 413 hrs, I can say X4 Foundation 1.5 is just 60% full released.

Post by bradfordvs » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 22:05

Socratatus wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 21:45
TDQuasar wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 18:23
Socratatus wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 18:19

That means nothing at all. It`s not even an argumet that makes sense in the context of this discussion.
I'm sorry that you can't comprehend it.
So if you went into a restaurant and paid fully for a meal and they bought you 3\4s of a meal that was delicious, and when you asked for the rest, the chef said, "You`ve enjoyed 3 quarters of the meal, so you`ve had your money`s worth, so why would you need the rest?"

You`d be happy with that?

That`s the backwards logic of your reasoning and I wasn`t even going to respond to such insipidity.
With due respect, cooking a meal and creating a highly complex piece of software are not logical equivalents. Not sayng you should not be disappointed (or the game is complete), but Egosoft does seem to go above and beyond in supporting their product. We (the community) could debate about whether the time and effort should be spent pre or post release, but to their (Egosoft's) credit they do continue to support their games for years after release--which is more than many developers I am familiar with.

I agree with previous posts in that I have spent, and plan to spend, more time within the sandboxes Egosoft has built than I have in most other games. I think that speaks to the allure of the game--even if it is currently incomplete.

My recommendation, one that I am personally following, is simply to wait a few months. Egosoft will improve the game and modders will release increasingly refined and complex mods. I suspect that a year from now, most if not all the major complaints will have been addressed. I say "addressed" because people want different, sometimes contradictory, things from the game. I do hope you find further enjoyment from the game in the future.

Shehriazad
x4

Re: After playing 413 hrs, I can say X4 Foundation 1.5 is just 60% full released.

Post by Shehriazad » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 23:23

X4 is one of the few times in the past 5 years I gave in to a mixture of nostalgia and the will to support a dev studio with a history that might be struggling a bit right now so I went ahead and got the CE.

I'd have preferred a game that was...well...more complete. But comparing it by todays' standards it is both "normal" (which is sad) and one of the bugfree-st X releases ever...which is funny.

That said, I have full confidence that unlike other scumbag companies, they will turn this baby around and land it in a safe harbour within the year 2019.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 00:33

ScandyNav wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 11:56
Invasion wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 12:35
Seems people just miss the point OP is making...
He himself has played 413 hours of the game. Has he derived great value from his investment? Definitely.
Current state of the game makes you waste huge amount of time on micromanagement and fixing out almost every automation command in game every damn minute. And when you woke up after this fixes, you notice that several hours have passed. That was fun? Interesting? I doubt it.
Do I like micro-managing my empire, mostly yes I do. One of my favorite things about the economy is working it. Not just for me, but for all the factions.

Do I like everything about it, no, but that will in time I hope change. Do I like having to fix up ware storage on my traders that couldn't complete trades, that I didn't know about because notifications suck, no. But if I could get notified that a trade wasn't completed, and which trader it was, I could/would enjoy taking care of that. That's probably why I have 315+ hours, and still enjoying the hell out of the game.

But go ahead and keep telling other people how to enjoy their own game.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 00:36

terrybougard wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 17:31
This game situation is closely similar to fallout76, unfinished, lack of real interesting things to do...
OK... I'll be the first to say that X4 release was not a very complete game (which for me was totally within my expectations and I was actually positively surprised how good of a release it was, I expected much worse). However, playing any game for 400 hours and then complaining that it's incomplete is a bit weird. Today, for a $50 game we should expect around 10-20 hours of quality entertainment (looking at most other $50 games out there), so the fact that you played 400 hours tells me you had a lot of fun time in that game and I don't know if it seems fair to complain about the game being incomplete then.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 03:13

You realized this after 413 hours? hahaha

terrybougard
x4

Post by terrybougard » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 04:47

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 03:13
No, I realize this after about 50-100 hrs. but kept playing, and seta'ing. Hoping something that we all are expecting to trigger will trigger. Well this trigger thing is an illusion.

But it was kept from us, unfinished if you analyze it. Its not actually a bug... its half baked.

But... no no... nothing more interesting happened and my save game just kept me getting richer and richer.

All research are done. Nothing to research anymore since... it very few.

No big fights. Nothing to stress the income. Nothing literally.

I built huge ass production stations that makes me don't want to visit that area because framerate drops bigtime, I have FLEETs of FLEETS of miners and traders that made my friends happy, so happy they make me a priority bla bla something like that. I did the chore of taxi, repairing, building, mine destorying, turret laying, mine laying... to the point I won't like to do it anymore because I'm rich.

I have a reserve of about 300 s fighters about 150 m fighters, 1 carrier, 6 destroyers. Actually those L and XL ships I have are no use, just parked... their help is not needed on the current state of the game so logically I didn't purchase more of these L and XL ships. It just adds to load and lag.

You are blackmailed by your friends that if you destroy them, they wont sell you ships. If you want to be evil...

You can leave one friend and destroy the others, but, you wont be anymore buying their ships, except for the friend you spared.

Xenons and Khaaks which I was hoping will make the balance with mysterious excitement and the impression that they are the real threat to the universe are nothing but flies to swat... nothing a threat... they just sprouting some for you to swat.

The only moment I enjoyed the huge space combat is when I invaded their warpgate xenon guards, which has a quantity, but after eliminating those using 30 M fighters... xenons are unable to replenish it. Even after I left it for a hundred hours. Well I kept visiting it from time to time. Went to their stations to destroy, some are invulnerable or I was thinking the devs are reserving these station for the next update that doesn't allow me to destroy it. For that whole operation, I only lost 1 M ship. Sucks... it became too too easy.

When it started to become boring, I turned my eyes to my Friends fighting each other yes... observing a lot of time, but to the point i realize its only a stalemate. No progress... They were just like skirmishing. If I actually join their fight and sided one. I alone is equivalent to a one man fleet using an M ship.

So if you say, you still have a lot of things to do and enjoying it, that's great! you're still not halfway of what I did and saw.

If you're the person who keeps saying that my bucks was already well spent since I already had this 413 hrs, I can say you haven't really played the game yet to its full. Its like ordering to a popular restaurant, charging you this amount with expectation that this will be a fine and good meal, but when the food was served, all you had was half baked, half cooked. Maybe you are a sushi raw meat lover so that you can say still its well spent...Then I have no more anything to say about that. Remember, its about the content that was advertised that it because what the devs told us that is X4 Foundation 1.0. They didn't advertised this as 1.0 Half Baked.

I can go on.. and on...

I hate to stop playing this game, but I am forced to... because, I said before, I already reached the half baked peak of what it has to offer. Which wasn't advertised and hidden to us...

For the people who says its egosoft and its their way of doing things just to comfort themselves... well just continue to comfort yourselve. half baked..? Well I can say is they need to change their ways to be more successful for their next franchise, if there will be an X5.

sintri
x4

Post by sintri » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 05:21

To be fair, each research tier costs 10 minutes and nothing else. Makes you wonder why they even bothered.

Also + 1, there are so many concepts that are hinted at but never even close to fleshed out. Boarding mechanic's completely pointless, stack units till you can board. Invasions are broken, trade is broken, ventures are mostly broken even with 5 of them removed. Workers seem an afterthought. Fighter weapons are far stronger than turrets that are several times bigger even if turret aiming wasn't completely broken. No battleships, carriers are far worse than really any other large ship that somehow happen to be able to carry the same amount of fighters. All the ship stats are so vanilla, hardly any real reason to choose one over the other. Small ship selection to begin with, lack of races. Terrible optimization, a whole slew of station related issues. Also could've sworn at some point there was an achievement for changing your clothes, though I can't seem to find it again.

Really if they start releasing any dlcs before even address most of the issues there'd be little reason to support Egosoft any longer.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 05:23

terrybougard wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 04:47
Warnoise wrote:
No, I realize this after about 50-100 hrs. but kept playing, and seta'ing. Hoping something that we all are expecting to trigger will trigger. Well this trigger thing is an illusion.

But it was kept from us, unfinished if you analyze it. Its not actually a bug... its half baked.

But... no no... nothing more interesting happened and my save game just kept me getting richer and richer.

I built huge ass production stations that makes me don't want to visit that area because framerate drops bigtime, I have FLEETs of FLEETS of miners and traders that made my friends happy, so happy they make me a priority bla bla something like that. I did the chore of taxi, repairing, building, mine destorying, turret laying, mine laying... to the point I won't like to do it anymore because I'm rich.

I have a reserve of about 300 s fighters about 150 m fighters, 1 carrier, 6 destroyers. Actually those L and XL ships I have are no use, just parked... their help is not needed on the current state of the game so logically I didn't purchase more of these L and XL ships. It just adds to load and lag.

You are blackmailed by your friends that if you destroy them, they wont sell you ships. If you want to be evil...

You can leave one friend and destroy the others, but, you wont be anymore buying their ships, except for the friend you spared.

Xenons and Khaaks which I was hoping will make the balance with mysterious excitement and the impression that they are the real threat to the universe are nothing but flies to swat... nothing a threat... they just sprouting some for you to swat.

The only moment I enjoyed the huge space combat is when I invaded their warpgate xenon guards, which has a quantity, but after eliminating those using 30 M fighters... xenons are unable to replenish it. Even after I left it for a hundred hours. Well I kept visiting it from time to time. Went to their stations to destroy, some are invulnerable or I was thinking the devs are reserving these station for the next update that doesn't allow me to destroy it. For that whole operation, I only lost 1 M ship. Sucks... it became too too easy.

When it started to become boring, I turned my eyes to my Friends fighting each other yes... observing a lot of time, but to the point i realize its only a stalemate. No progress... They were just like skirmishing. If I actually join their fight and sided one. I alone is equivalent to a one man fleet using an M ship.

So if you say, you still have a lot of things to do and enjoying it, that's great! you're still not halfway of what I did and saw.

If you're the person who keeps saying that my bucks was already well spent since I already had this 413 hrs, I can say you haven't really played the game yet to its full. Its like ordering to a popular restaurant, charging you this amount with expectation that this will be a fine and good meal, but when the food was served, all you had was half baked, half cooked. Maybe you are a sushi raw meat lover so that you can say still its well spent...Then I have no more anything to say about that. Remember, its about the content that was advertised that it because what the devs told us that is X4 Foundation 1.0. They didn't advertised this as 1.0 Half Baked.

I can go on.. and on...

I hate to stop playing this game, but I am forced to... because, I said before, I already reached the half baked peak of what it has to offer. Which wasn't advertised and hidden to us...

For the people who says its egosoft and its their way of doing things just to comfort themselves... well just continue to comfort yourselve. half baked..? Well I can say is they need to change their ways to be more successful for their next franchise, if there will be an X5.
Well, It is already impressive that you held more than 100 hours playing this game. I couldn't even break the 30 hours. I sometimes check out some mods, but for me vanilla is impossible to play.

The problem with this game is that not only it is half baked, many of its core features are so lazily implemented that would think they are placeholders.

The hype saved X4, actually it is X rebirth that saved X4. If X4 was released directly after X3, I am sure it would have received criticism similar to X-rebirth. But X-rebirth (despite being a decent game imo) was received so badly, and was so broken at release, that people were happy just with the fact that X4 wasn't as broken as X-rebirth on release.

There are so many things in the game that not only needs fixing, but need a total overhaul in order for Egosoft to save this game...

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 06:36

terrybougard wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 04:47
Warnoise wrote:

I can go on.. and on...

I SETA'd a lot, have lots of cash now, and I'm bored.... wow, sounds so fun to just SETA all the time. I'm at about 325 hours, and I've used SETA for about 6 minutes.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 10:03

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 05:23
The hype saved X4, actually it is X rebirth that saved X4. If X4 was released directly after X3, I am sure it would have received criticism similar to X-rebirth. But X-rebirth (despite being a decent game imo) was received so badly, and was so broken at release, that people were happy just with the fact that X4 wasn't as broken as X-rebirth on release.

There are so many things in the game that not only needs fixing, but need a total overhaul in order for Egosoft to save this game...
Not disagreeing with you that X-Rebirth set the bar pretty low but you have to go further back in the past, X3R release wasn't that great either. All things considered this is a decent release as far as Egosoft releases go and if history is any guide we will be seeing tons of updates in the future, content and otherwise. X3R has been updated for more than a decade (I consider TC and AP also as updates, major ones), give X4 sufficient time and it will be amazing too.

As for X4 not having an endgame, think about it, no other X game had one either, it's just that without a plot in X4 this becomes clearer much sooner. Once you have billions of credits and all ships you ever wanted what's the point of it all? (in any X game for that matter)
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 10:21

I have been around for all the X releases, X4 is the most accomplished by far,, not saying it does not have issues but these will be rectified,, the only fault I can really lay on Egosoft is that they gave the player tools to SETA their way to billions in total safety fast asleep in bed.

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 10:42

grapedog wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 06:36
I SETA'd a lot, have lots of cash now, and I'm bored.... wow, sounds so fun to just SETA all the time. I'm at about 325 hours, and I've used SETA for about 6 minutes.
I see you have trouble understanding what he says... the issue is not seta, the issue is that he was waiting for the game to be better at higher levels then on even higher levels and on even higher levels... but nope. the problem is the emptiness on any level, no matter how much you have what ships fleets or factories you have its still just empty and boring
birdtable wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 10:21
I have been around for all the X releases, X4 is the most accomplished by far,, not saying it does not have issues but these will be rectified,, the only fault I can really lay on Egosoft is that they gave the player tools to SETA their way to billions in total safety fast asleep in bed.
well, even tetris is "accomplished" by the opinion of some, imo x4 is barely better than the disastrous XR and no, its not seta is the issue, you can get billions in no time without ever touching or even building seta. the base of the game, how from waling up to flying huge ships is done is just great in this game or how you build stations (though that could be bit further refined) but thats just about it... nothing other than that is working or is engaging, its just frustration. set up traders? ok but why are they wasting my money instead of gaining? ok make fleets and send them to fight.. but why are they going in circles instead of actually fighting? ok, build stations.. for what? to produce food for themselves? or to try to make the stuck wharfs running? there is no reason for anything as nothing is working and there is nothing engaging other than standing in a dock watching the sips landing and leaving...

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 11:59

terrybougard wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 17:31
So many things missing that it became boring and pointless to play. The only thing my status now in my save game is, im boringly billionare filthy rich! But... you can't kill your friends because you wont have any new ships to buy...

Now my question is, when will be the next update to make this game closer to its real full release?

This game situation is closely similar to fallout76, unfinished, lack of real interesting things to do...
i totally agree for a 60$ game and having 60% game done is not good 2.0 needs to hit soon in january

Sorry to say this devs but you gonna have to make a different approach off work i know how the german system work 8h shifts Saturday Sunday holidays free time unfortunately you gonna have to change the system to (24/7) or 2-2-2 (2 morning shifts 2 afternoon shifts 2 night shift) start hiring more people and get the system rolling and you will able to make more progress to the game.

And yes i work in the factory with the system 24/7 and i know if you have multiple shifts more work is done

shahman76
x4

Post by shahman76 » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 12:45

I was bitten by X-Rebirth so I didnt go for the CE for X4. I held off purchasing X4 thinking that I'd wait for them to bug fix and then I'd pick it up. I lasted, what..., ten days or so post launch before I snapped it up and started playing. Thank Obsidianant for suddenly streaming his playthroughs on YouTube.

I paid full price for the game. In my own subjective opinion; did I get my money's worth? Yes. But in fairness, the X series has always given me more value for money in terms of enjoyment of the game, so for ES to give me my money's worth is actually a step down in my view. But do take this with a grain of salt, I defended Rebirth and still think its an awesome game. And if somehow Rebirth could come to the PS4, PSVR [hint hint], I think I'd stop buying games for the rest of the year. Stop eating. drinking. going to my job. focusing on my wife...etc. It'll never happen... but what a day it would be to have an X game on PSVR... *sigh* I'd pay double price for that game on PSVR... I'd pay a subscription... I'd even do microtransasctions and buy a red dot... ahem...

Back to the point - X4's biggest problem for me isnt its technical issues; ES has a stellar track record of working on their games post release and fixing them up to make them even better. I have full confidence in them that they'll do it again. For me, X4 is a skeleton with no meat on it. There was an artistry to X3 and XR that seems oddly missing in X4. A sense of scale, awe and wonder that X4 just doesnt deliver. It 'feels' dry; like its a mile wide but an inch deep. There isnt any 'life' to it, no story, no sense of grandeur or dread, no grand saga to partake in, there's no stakes and nothing interesting to note. As a technical achievement X4 is stunning, warts and all. As a creative endevour... X4 is... shallow, shall we say? I know sandboxes are made for us to tell our own stories in, but successful sandboxes are those with a character and life all their own. X4's sandbox is lifeless. X4's sandbox is like Just Cause 3 [pretty, but empty and lifeless], while X3's, and even XRebirth's, sandboxes were more like Yakuza 0 or Skyrim - bursting with character. We need a canvas to paint our space opera upon; an orchestra to...er... orchestrate :P

That is why Bernd's post on asking for writers to apply for a position in ES to work on X4 is so encouraging! I cheered when I saw it. I liked that post more than the patch notes for 1.5! And I hope they get a kick ass writer onboard to help flesh out the lore and mission structure even more. It'll add some meat to them bones. And it shows the ES knows this too and is working to remedy it and that is very encouraging.

Individual mileage may vary for X4. No one size will ever fit all. Ever. For this player - I'm excited to see what comes next and nothing I've seen or heard so far from ES makes me doubt in any way that ES wont deliver on X4. Eventually. Might take some time. But they will deliver. I'm on board for the ride.

Dont mind the salt and go get 'em ES! :)

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 21:03

CaptainX4 wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 10:42
grapedog wrote:
I see you have trouble understanding what he says... the issue is not seta, the issue is that he was waiting for the game to be better at higher levels then on even higher levels and on even higher levels... but nope. the problem is the emptiness on any level, no matter how much you have what ships fleets or factories you have its still just empty and boring
I didn't have any trouble understanding what he said. He's bored. Wow, ok, thanks for the post. I've got 330 or so hours played, and I've used SETA for 6 minutes, and I'm loving it still, and still have plenty I want to do. I'm not bored, wow too!

The problem is him, or you, and your expectations not being met. What were you expecting? Maybe if he, or you, communicated what you expected, based on prior X titles, or information prior to release, we could talk about that. You're bored, I'm sorry. Try posting something constructive. Make requests. Head over to the mod section and make a request there. There are options, which include also just not playing the game if you're that unhappy with it.

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 13:30

grapedog wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 21:03
CaptainX4 wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 10:42
grapedog wrote:
I didn't have any trouble understanding what he said. He's bored. Wow, ok, thanks for the post. I've got 330 or so hours played, and I've used SETA for 6 minutes, and I'm loving it still, and still have plenty I want to do. I'm not bored, wow too!

The problem is him, or you, and your expectations not being met. What were you expecting? Maybe if he, or you, communicated what you expected, based on prior X titles, or information prior to release, we could talk about that. You're bored, I'm sorry. Try posting something constructive. Make requests. Head over to the mod section and make a request there. There are options, which include also just not playing the game if you're that unhappy with it.
no, you still dont understand it... amongst the many thousands of lines of constructive criticisms and ideas the only thing you manage is "its boring" ignoring all the "because" part... and the very same issues are being "communicate"-ed since 2005 but there are always people like you who can only say that all is good as it is and of course this is the most comfortable position for egosoft... by the way, if you tell us to dont play then why dont you follow your own logic and instead of trolling those who have issues just go and play your masterpiece? or is it not THAT good afterall and in reality you ae also just waiting here for the game to become playable?

consiefe

Post by consiefe » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 14:01

CaptainX4 wrote:
Sat, 12. Jan 19, 13:30

no, you still dont understand it... amongst the many thousands of lines of constructive criticisms and ideas the only thing you manage is "its boring" ignoring all the "because" part... and the very same issues are being "communicate"-ed since 2005 but there are always people like you who can only say that all is good as it is and of course this is the most comfortable position for egosoft... by the way, if you tell us to dont play then why dont you follow your own logic and instead of trolling those who have issues just go and play your masterpiece? or is it not THAT good afterall and in reality you ae also just waiting here for the game to become playable?
OK, let's brake things down. The game is at this state far from "playable". It has the most amazing potential IF Egosoft carefully inspects what's missing and what can be implemented on top of this foundation to make the game use that potential.

On the other hand ofcourse i have problems with the game. It's not in a similar state with X3's commands and scripts in terms of capability just yet. I don't see a lot of people saying that but to make you feel connected to the universe, a news system is the most necessary. The ability to track events happening independent from you, you know. I don't even try to list other things need to be fixed which everybody knows and talks about thousands time before.

Now i give it a go when i feel like fiddling with my one station complex, raise my rep with factions, nothing big. I might even start fresh after all placeholders filled with intended features. Either two parts of this argument come to me a little biassed, although i really want to see more freeform nature of X3 when it comes to shipbuilding as you should explore the sectors to find different weapons complexes, more software types, fiddly mechanics of power gens, things like that. These are all design decisions which the criticism on them is meaningful, but bugs and placeholders naaah, they'll be fine in a short time.

If you are impatient, i'm sorry. I want the game to be very good right now as much as you do, but Ego is a small team and they have a legacy about release state of their games, but also about the quick fixes and a good care of them. I have no ill intentions, everyone has their own perspective and approach so that's my two cents.

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 18:22

consiefe wrote:
Sat, 12. Jan 19, 14:01
CaptainX4 wrote:
Sat, 12. Jan 19, 13:30

OK, let's brake things down. The game is at this state far from "playable". It has the most amazing potential IF Egosoft carefully inspects what's missing and what can be implemented on top of this foundation to make the game use that potential.

On the other hand ofcourse i have problems with the game. It's not in a similar state with X3's commands and scripts in terms of capability just yet. I don't see a lot of people saying that but to make you feel connected to the universe, a news system is the most necessary. The ability to track events happening independent from you, you know. I don't even try to list other things need to be fixed which everybody knows and talks about thousands time before.

Now i give it a go when i feel like fiddling with my one station complex, raise my rep with factions, nothing big. I might even start fresh after all placeholders filled with intended features. Either two parts of this argument come to me a little biassed, although i really want to see more freeform nature of X3 when it comes to shipbuilding as you should explore the sectors to find different weapons complexes, more software types, fiddly mechanics of power gens, things like that. These are all design decisions which the criticism on them is meaningful, but bugs and placeholders naaah, they'll be fine in a short time.

If you are impatient, i'm sorry. I want the game to be very good right now as much as you do, but Ego is a small team and they have a legacy about release state of their games, but also about the quick fixes and a good care of them. I have no ill intentions, everyone has their own perspective and approach so that's my two cents.
I agree with nearly all of this, especially with this: " but Ego is a small team and they have a legacy about release state of their games, but also about the quick fixes", thats what I have bought the game, but we are not "impatient", what we want is to keep telling ego what are the most demanding issues as if they sink between the "thanks ego its all amazing" posts than after a few minor fixes it will be just pouring out content in paid dlc-s without the real issues ever being fixed. AND even then Im worried we will end up with things like X3 avoidance never been fixed, XR pathing and avoidance never been fixed, X3AP war logic never been fixed so I think, any good they do with SOME parts of their games there are plenty of issues to hammer or they will just be added to the never done list... ahhh, and there are so many great ideas coming up here, some are so easy and simple but ego also has the track records of never listening to these. they make up their mind, mostly with the stupidest ideas like highways instead of JD and so on. I think its the hope in us that we MIGHT make them change their mind is the last thing keeps us here. any small the chance is

consiefe

Post by consiefe » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 18:51

CaptainX4 wrote:
Sat, 12. Jan 19, 18:22

I agree with nearly all of this, especially with this: " but Ego is a small team and they have a legacy about release state of their games, but also about the quick fixes", thats what I have bought the game, but we are not "impatient", what we want is to keep telling ego what are the most demanding issues as if they sink between the "thanks ego its all amazing" posts than after a few minor fixes it will be just pouring out content in paid dlc-s without the real issues ever being fixed. AND even then Im worried we will end up with things like X3 avoidance never been fixed, XR pathing and avoidance never been fixed, X3AP war logic never been fixed so I think, any good they do with SOME parts of their games there are plenty of issues to hammer or they will just be added to the never done list... ahhh, and there are so many great ideas coming up here, some are so easy and simple but ego also has the track records of never listening to these. they make up their mind, mostly with the stupidest ideas like highways instead of JD and so on. I think its the hope in us that we MIGHT make them change their mind is the last thing keeps us here. any small the chance is
Yeah, absolutely. By all means if you put that in this perspective. Like I said the game is far from playable but also far from completed likewise. I have hopes because this engine and this setup has crazy amounts of potential to be more profitable and make Egosoft well, more famous. My common sense tells me they shouldn't pass this. This game needs very good care and attention on the matters as me and all caring old and new fans expressed. I see they are trying hard right now and there is nothing wrong about constructive and persistent criticism.
Last edited by consiefe on Sat, 12. Jan 19, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 19:24

Well, I'm not a fan of banging my head against a wall, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Return to “X4: Foundations”