[GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading, FAQ and More...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading Etc...

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 23:10

First we take manhattan wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 20:17
Thank you for the guides. However, my problem is that no matter what I do, I can not assign a manager to my own station. I have picked them up from NPC stations, flown them there, only for it to say This person can not work on the station.
I have taken from my own ships, no good, refuses to allow the worker. I have promoted from my own station, however it still says that even though the person is in the workforce, they can not work at the station. Tried it with every level from 0 to 5 stars.Unable to assign a manger leaves a big factory doing nothing.

Any thoughts please?
Juuuust in case you haven't done this, please don't be insulted when i ask this. Have you docked to you station with the NPC on your ship?

If you already did this and i just asked you a stupid question, then could you go onto the map and click on the information tab with the station selected and click on the plus button next to personnel, then the plus button next to manager to see if there is already a manager in the station. or go to any lift and try to go to the managers office to see if there is one working there.

If there isn't one then try to place the person back on you ship or go find another NPC character and hire him to work on your ship. then do the process i show on the station building and management guide - https://youtu.be/iIkOEXScdmA?t=678 - this link will take you to that section of the video. if this does not work then i honestly don't know what it could be.

You said you have a workforce on the station. Do you have a habitat module for them? you might need to remove the workforce from the station and then place the manager there?

I do know that this manager thing can bug out on the very rare occasion though. regardless, I hope i was able to help and i'm sorry if i couldn't.
Noodle - Youtube.com/TheRealNoodle - Facebook.com/TheRealNoodle1 - Twitter.com/TheRealNoodle01

ScandyNav
x4

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading Etc...

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 00:42

One hint on building station. You don't need prioritize building container storage first. Production modules got their own container storage inside them. You only need storage for minable resources. Later you, of course, may extend container storage if you need it.

Falcrack
x4

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station Etc...

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 01:37

Karan Vess wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:56
I've been wondering, what is the point of capturing a sector besides not having to pay for plots anymore?
I understand the "this is my home now" feeling but what's the gameplay purpose?
They need to institute the ability to collect regular taxes from NPC stations in your owned sectors. That would make it worthwhile.

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 03:17

ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 00:42
One hint on building station. You don't need prioritize building container storage first. Production modules got their own container storage inside them. You only need storage for minable resources. Later you, of course, may extend container storage if you need it.
Thank you ScandyNav, I've added what you said to the OP, as well as my pinned comment under the video on YouTube and in the guide on steam. Thanks for the info and the help :)
Noodle - Youtube.com/TheRealNoodle - Facebook.com/TheRealNoodle1 - Twitter.com/TheRealNoodle01

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station Etc...

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 03:21

Karan Vess wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:56
I've been wondering, what is the point of capturing a sector besides not having to pay for plots anymore?
I understand the "this is my home now" feeling but what's the gameplay purpose?
Sorry i missed your post Karan Vess. As far as i can tell there are no gameplay benefits other than to be able to say "I own this space" really (i may be wrong). With any luck Egosoft will add more to this part of the game in the future :)

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading, FAQ Etc...

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:36

I've added a "Frequently Asked Questions" video to the OP in an attempt to cover some of the things i missed in the guides as well as some of the questions I've seen floating around in general. :)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading, FAQ Etc...

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:49

Tks for the FAQ vid Noodle

One point tho: you don't need to personally transport workforce across to your stations with habitat: they'll arrive over time automatically once there's a food/meds surplus. Ofc, if you want to manually transport ppl you can do that too..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:57

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:49
Tks for the FAQ vid Noodle

One point tho: you don't need to personally transport workforce across to your stations with habitat: they'll arrive over time automatically once there's a food/meds surplus. Ofc, if you want to manually transport ppl you can do that too..
Yup and thank you! someone commented under the video and told me the same thing so i added what they said to the OP :)

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 05:10

I've created another guide and added it to the OP. This time I'ts about mining and auto mining. I hope it helps anyone who struggles with this feature in the game :)

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading, FAQ and More...

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 20:45

I have another guide done and added to the OP. This time it's a guide on Default Behaviours, as well as an update on how to create an AutoTrader for 1.50 :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”