Argon vs Holy Order - Person carrying Decryption Module - Improvement coming in a build after 2.60.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LTerSlash
x4

Argon vs Holy Order - Person carrying Decryption Module - Improvement coming in a build after 2.60.

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 01:14

Is how this works? i have to go scanning blindly every ship in the universe until i found someone who has it? I guess it has to be in Argon sector.s

LTerSlash
x4

Re: Argon vs Holy Order - Person carrying Decryption Module

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:48

No one did this yet?

raythnor
x3

Post by raythnor » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 05:31

I'm having the same problem, I've been flying around scanning ships all over, I'm guessing there is either a trick to it, or there are just a few random ships flying around in each sector waiting for it to occur.

I tried a fair number of the random criminal ships that get exposed at the stations but it doesn't appear to be one of them. Is there a sector we can go to, at which we can find lots of criminals carrying them?

lavadingdong
x3tc

Post by lavadingdong » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 05:57

In the Mission Briefing it specifies a ship ID number, for example in my mission it's QJY-240. You can search for it in the map search and it will appear if it's in your sensor/satellite range.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 22:38

There is not such thing in my mission.

multox
x4

Post by multox » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 02:47

I'm having the same problem. Scanned ships for half an hour and gave up from boredom.

Revenant342
x4

Post by Revenant342 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 03:25

You think that's bad, I'm supposed to find a Xenon carrying Spaceweed.

Unless Elon Musk made the original Terraformers, I don't consider that likely...

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 03:38

Yeah same problem, what is it we are supposed to do? do we fly next to a ship using the Shift-2 mode and that counts as scanning them? and just do that until something happens?

Revenant342
x4

Post by Revenant342 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 05:23

AkiraR wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 03:38
Yeah same problem, what is it we are supposed to do? do we fly next to a ship using the Shift-2 mode and that counts as scanning them? and just do that until something happens?
To actually scan a ship, you need to be in shift2 mode, click on them, select "scan" and hold them in the reticle for a second or two.

raythnor
x3

Post by raythnor » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 05:55

lavadingdong wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 05:57
In the Mission Briefing it specifies a ship ID number, for example in my mission it's QJY-240. You can search for it in the map search and it will appear if it's in your sensor/satellite range.

No, it does not have an indication of a specific ship, it simply indicates to scan a ship to find someone carrying a decryption module. I have a related mission which I think I'm supposed to do after this one for spaceweed on another ship.

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 08:23

Revenant342 wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 05:23
AkiraR wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 03:38
To actually scan a ship, you need to be in shift2 mode, click on them, select "scan" and hold them in the reticle for a second or two.
Yeah I figured that one out, spent the last hour running around scanning ships... still no dice :( pretty frustrating if you ask me. Is there a certain type of ship I should be looking for, or ships from a certain faction?

TyelcaNarmo
x4

Post by TyelcaNarmo » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 11:43

Same issue.. did anyone actually find any sort of freight while scanning? The civilian ships and criminals always show 0 storage for me, even though they drop stuff when I kill them.
I also have a police licence, yet they complain that my scans are illegal.

It really seems that noone playtested the war missions at all.. I have yet to complete a single set, because there is always at least one bugged mission involved :x

On an unrelated note, it's kinda funny that I'm doing my best to wage war on the Holy Order, but they totally love me, because I killed so many of their criminals for this quest :mrgreen:

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 20:30

TyelcaNarmo wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 11:43
Same issue.. did anyone actually find any sort of freight while scanning? The civilian ships and criminals always show 0 storage for me, even though they drop stuff when I kill them.
I also have a police licence, yet they complain that my scans are illegal.

It really seems that noone playtested the war missions at all.. I have yet to complete a single set, because there is always at least one bugged mission involved :x

On an unrelated note, it's kinda funny that I'm doing my best to wage war on the Holy Order, but they totally love me, because I killed so many of their criminals for this quest :mrgreen:
Yeah I haven't been able to complete any of the war mission sets either... always at least one mission that is totally bugged out and I can't complete :x :x

Also at about 20 hours in space has become quite boring. :( I never see any pirates anymore and I hardly see Xenon, even in border systems I never see any hostiles and my mining and trading ships never get bothered. It definitely feels like they didn't do any extensive playtesting.

raythnor
x3

Post by raythnor » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:47

AkiraR wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 20:30
Yeah I haven't been able to complete any of the war mission sets either... always at least one mission that is totally bugged out and I can't complete :x :x

Also at about 20 hours in space has become quite boring. :( I never see any pirates anymore and I hardly see Xenon, even in border systems I never see any hostiles and my mining and trading ships never get bothered. It definitely feels like they didn't do any extensive playtesting.
I had been noticing the decline in random battles and enemy ships myself. The old games seemed to have a healthy amount of it popping up every once and a while. I had hoped it was just random and the amount I saw would spike back up again.
It does feel like they rushed the game, it certainly has a lot of good stuff, it just needs tweaking and playtesting.
Missions in which we might be hunting for one or two random ships in the universe without a guide doesn't seem to help.

Enyaron
x4

Post by Enyaron » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:58

Doing the Holy Order Vs Argon version for Spaceweed, spent nearly 8 hours looking for ships with it in and I honestly think it either doesn't exist of they didn't add in the ship your supposed to scan.

Wilson1133
x4

Post by Wilson1133 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 22:48

Same issue here. It’s damn frustrating. And it’s only 110k credits for like 8 hours of work lol

Agatum

Post by Agatum » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 20:51

multox wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 02:47
I'm having the same problem. Scanned ships for half an hour and gave up from boredom.
RNG is a nasty god. I'd say developers like Egosoft should know by now that you never ever rely on pure RNG. What I mean that if there is a mission 'find ship having decryption module' or 'find needle in haystack' you code in a fallback: keep track of how many times user has scanned a ship / tried finding a needle in haystack during a mission and if that number exceeds for instance 20 then automatically return true, otherwise return true/false using RNG. After all we (players) are playing these great games for enjoyment, NOT finding specific needle in stack of needles.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:05

So is it actually possible to complete this specific one? I mean, Decryption Modules are inventory items, not cargo items, do you get some kind of notification if someone has it?
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

beanmix
x4

Post by beanmix » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 10:29

argon_emperor wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:05
So is it actually possible to complete this specific one? I mean, Decryption Modules are inventory items, not cargo items, do you get some kind of notification if someone has it?
I'm still wondering this. Scanned for hours around stations. Hundreds of mass traffic. Found nadda.
Scanned all the ships in two sectors (obviously new ones come and old ones go, but essentially all the ships). Still nadda.
Hacked the savegame file, added the "<inventory><ware ware="inv_decryptionmodule" amount="1"/></inventory>" tags to the NPC piloting a known ship (in my case DXG-450) ... scanned the ship. Nadda.
Found a black market mission. Didn't complete the mission.
Completed the black market mission by deliverying the goods. Ironically I had to deliver 3x Decryption modules. And checked his sold wares, there's 12 decryption module. Didn't complete the mission.
Finally I deleted the mission from the "mission thread" tags in the savegame, essentially skipping it and moving on to the next in the line. This resulted in the complete thread bugging out eventually when I finished all the remaining missions and I had to abort anyway. So also, not a means to skip the mission.

So if anyone knows how to complete this freaking mission. Please post the answer!

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 19:54

I think in general the game isn't up to par yet to a level that the missions are do-able. I'm in a resource scanning mission that cannot be completed because the resource is not present in the required level in the appointed sector.
As there are still an awfull lot of bugs in the game (one might say that it is released in beta version) we can only wait untill the devs solve the bugs.

It'll be a long wait.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Return to “X4: Foundations”