[QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dewar

Re: [QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

Post by Dewar » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:48

Mission givers awaiting fine meals dying when you arrive is a known bug. You didn't do anything wrong.

On the map, bases with faction reps have the icon of a little person with a crown on their head floating above the base icon. However, I believe you should already have a basic dock blueprint by default. Have you tried building on the HQ and seeing what components you have available?
Danya Turrel wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:48
I have a two-part question, unrelated mostly.

1st: I got this multi-stage mission for Teladi Company that first involved repairing some data thingies and then sent me on a snack run for three hungry executives, all in different places. These Teladi gourmands wanted Fine Meals, the Argnu Beef for which I spent HOURS searching for. Pretty much found and explored most of Argon space looking for the stuff (then I realized some of the Teladi are selling it as well). Finally, got together the 6 meals I needed to make the deliveries and, grumbling about how the Teladi are known to be terrible tippers I set off to my first drop. Of course it is as far away as possible from where I was at the time but no worries, while Terrumaximus Rexisaurus Crustalizarduxus VII flew me there I went for a pee. Getting back I'm happy to see we are docked but to my dismay the contact was not to be found! Logs say he died.

CRAP!

Next stop! But first get out of the chair lizard face, I suspect you did something to cause this. Long story - just as I arrived at each station my hungry, yet long-waiting patrons became ghosts. I assume they, unwilling to eat generic space rations like everyone else, starved to death waiting for me. There was no time limit so I would be surprised if that's the deal.

The question: what did I do wrong? I made more than a million credits from autominers while doing this insane snack-voyage so I didn't need the pittance the mission was worth. I DID want the faction points, a faction which now is not offering me more missions since I apparently am the Grim Reaper of delivery people.

Second Question: I need to get back to Teladi Company faction representative to buy plans for the dock that Boso Ta (or whatever Squidy McSquidface's name is) wants me to install on his spoiler thing. Could you please tell me where it was? I promise I'll put a nav beacon on it this time.

Thanks,

Danya

dupadupa2
x4

Post by dupadupa2 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:51

Tyrant597 wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:59
dupadupa2 wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:52
How can i aquire captain for my ship?
Dock at a station.
Walk up to an NPC.
Hire any NPC on station, tell him to work at your ship (right click ship name, select 'choose'), tell him to work as captain.
Profit
Thx, works like a charm :)

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 20:54

hm ok i got it... welp i expected a long plot like the boron X3 plot... ive done the story in around 2 hours... welp...

But i got another question: i cant extend my station with another solar modules... it has currently 2 of them, a docking bay, an habitat and 2 containerstorages.

everytime i want to extend it it is red, but it doesnt tell why. there is space enough, i bought a very big space 20x20x20 km.

dunno whats wrong... there is space enough between the panels i think too.

anstandridge

Post by anstandridge » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 06:37

I'm having a problem with keeping my selected target locked as the game seems to change my target randomly, has anyone else had an issue with this?

Timbuk2
x4

Post by Timbuk2 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:41

Probably an obvious one but I can't find the answer by searching/googling.

On the map certain stations have a green line above them, others don't. What does this represent?

RTest
x4

Post by RTest » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 11:40

Where can i buy the module blueprint without scan or get it for free? my reputation is at +16 with argon.

five21
x4

Post by five21 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 13:02

How do I transfer non storage items from one ship to another - i.e. satellites, torpedoes, probes etc?

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:55

Timbuk2 wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:41

On the map certain stations have a green line above them, others don't. What does this represent?
I assumed that it was a health bar that didn't show if the station were fully healthy. I do not know that this is true.

Timbuk2
x4

Post by Timbuk2 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 17:19

SamuraiProgrammer wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:55
Timbuk2 wrote:

I assumed that it was a health bar that didn't show if the station were fully healthy. I do not know that this is true.
You may well be correct! Just scanned a station with a green line and its hull is at 99% ...

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 17:56

I have found asteroids that are marked with golden (legendary) colour with the long range scanner.

On closer inspection, the roids have red glowing textures. What are they?

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:39

What do the lock symbol and target symbols on some signal sources around stations mean? When I try to scan soureces them with the ship or my spacesuit nothing happens.

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 05:00

Timbuk2 wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 17:19
SamuraiProgrammer wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:55
Timbuk2 wrote:

You may well be correct! Just scanned a station with a green line and its hull is at 99% ...
I am also considering that it may be something that is involved with your current mission but I am unsure. Just sharing information even if it makes me look like I am waffling!

Dragonlord1975
x4

Post by Dragonlord1975 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 07:57

My PHQ has a operation buget of 12.6 Mill. And has 15.4 mill surplus. At what point does it start transfering credit to personal account?

coldfried
x4

Post by coldfried » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:08

Hi, I'm new to this series with X4: Foundations and I just want to ask what I'm doing wrong with secondary weapons. When I try to fire them I just get this machine sound like there's a cork shoved in barrel and then after a few tries there's like this EMP blast. I've only been able to fire off one torpedo successfully, but if I make it primary it works fine. There's not a lot (or any) help in-game so hopefully this is something people here know the answer to. I don't think it's a bug or I would've found something on search about it. :oops:

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:54

I just accepted a "missed my ride" mission, told the passenger to board my Cerberus, then the game autosaved. Problem is the destination is also a Cerberus, thus I cannot dock. I have an Elite docked with the Cerberus that could do the job, but the passenger both refuses to talk when loading the autosave and immediately cuts Comm when accessed from my Cerberus's information menu. Is there any other way to transfer her over?
anstandridge wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 06:37
I'm having a problem with keeping my selected target locked as the game seems to change my target randomly, has anyone else had an issue with this?
You have one of the "controller" assists enabled in your Controls options. Sorry I can't be more specific, but it's a setting that's supposed to make it easier to play with the fewer buttons on a gamepad.

Meescha
x4

Post by Meescha » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 00:24

Ive got a question, i remapped the key binding for the mode switching, but when i press those keys they dont do anything, i still have to hit enter and manually select the modes. am i doing something wrong?

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 20:00

mrjingo wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:39
What do the lock symbol and target symbols on some signal sources around stations mean? When I try to scan soureces them with the ship or my spacesuit nothing happens.
Pretty sure the symbols represent the mission type offered by that already-scanned signal.

MrUp
x4

I hear someone talking

Post by MrUp » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 01:10

I hear someone talking; "can anyone hear me, I need help" outside a station. I see a sparkling globe but can't seem to interact with it in, our out of, the spaceship. Repair laser has no effect either. Please advise.
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― douglas adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

TrueSanity
x4

Re: I hear someone talking

Post by TrueSanity » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 01:53

MrUp wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 01:10
I hear someone talking; "can anyone hear me, I need help" outside a station. I see a sparkling globe but can't seem to interact with it in, our out of, the spaceship. Repair laser has no effect either. Please advise.
That's a hidden mission. To access it, switch your ship to scan mode (default: SHIFT-2), and nose all the way up to the sparks. The audio signal should get louder and clearer as you do so, and when you get near enough, your message system will tell you it's decoding, then you'll get a communication screen you can respond to to view the mission.

dupadupa2
x4

Post by dupadupa2 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:28

How can i build dock area? Do i have to buy construction vesel? Its a lot of money :/

Return to “X4: Foundations”