X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rockthorne
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri, 19. Oct 18, 22:39
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Rockthorne » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 19:17

Juggernaut93 wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:26
Rockthorne wrote:
Fri, 19. Oct 18, 23:02
will "MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OCV1, 6GB GDDR5" be good enough?
Yes, it satisfies the minimum requirements.
Thanks! I bought me a new PC because my old one wouldn`t make it, got it this morning. By reading here the Forum i where afraid it wouldn`t be good enough. Crazy, spendet over 1000 Euro just to Play one game :roll:
Now waiting 41 more Days will be hell, waiting allready so Long for it....

wolf359
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x2

Thank you EGOSOFT

Post by wolf359 » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 21:28

From what I have seeing so far X4 is back to the X series of old.

Myself and my brother were let down after the last effort, OK perhaps we did not give it the time it deserved but thank you for listening to the loyal fans old and new by bringing in some of the things we asked for.
Not many game companies bother to do this, so thanks.
Here is to the 30th November and a problem free release

ryeeson
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu, 14. Apr 05, 08:15
x3tc

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by ryeeson » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 15:33

I'm so happy to see the X4 will be available on in couple of weeks from now. This game always force me to spend money and time. May be its time to upgrade again? I built my i7 4770k + R9 290 just for the previous game.. which i din't enjoy and only play for couple of hours... This time, I'll make sure wait for it to lunch first before spending money on GPU. The X4 CE is consider cheaper in my country. Only MYR 135? normal ED is 89? Thank you.

User avatar
Sammiclock
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri, 19. Aug 16, 17:36
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Sammiclock » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:32

Hey there,

today morning I was a bit bored so i thought i could do a Rewind of all the X Games, just for you guys! :)
I dont care about likes and stuff (i mean i got like 10 subcribers, dont mind), I just want to give all the 'old Veterans' to give them tons of these golden memories back again.

Enjoy and have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5IVys0QHW8

PS: thats the first time i did a video like this so please dont be too mean :D
(i didnt get it to put this video in this post - so you got the link to it)
Alle X-Teile gesuchtet :D
Mein erstes Trailer-Fanmade aller X-Teile zum erinnern für die Community -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5IVys0QHW8 :)

User avatar
Miniding
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri, 14. Dec 07, 12:33
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Miniding » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 18:21

Very nice reminder!!! Thanks a lot!!!
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - Pre-ordered X4 CE!

birdtable
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sat, 7. Feb 04, 21:42
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by birdtable » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 18:43

@ Sammiclock
As a very old veteran of the games you did a damn fine job of showing the evolving X series ... Why is that amateur video makers catch the magic and mystery of possibilities in the game so much better than the so called professional trailers.
Almost made me pre-order X4 .... :)
Only fault ...should have been 20 mins longer,, 30 minutes maybe..... I remember them all with great affection..Thanks.

User avatar
Sammiclock
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri, 19. Aug 16, 17:36
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Sammiclock » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 19:32

birdtable wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 18:43
@ Sammiclock
As a very old veteran of the games you did a damn fine job of showing the evolving X series ... Why is that amateur video makers catch the magic and mystery of possibilities in the game so much better than the so called professional trailers.
Almost made me pre-order X4 .... :)
Only fault ...should have been 20 mins longer,, 30 minutes maybe..... I remember them all with great affection..Thanks.
Thank you so so mutch, this is so kind :)
Alle X-Teile gesuchtet :D
Mein erstes Trailer-Fanmade aller X-Teile zum erinnern für die Community -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5IVys0QHW8 :)

nemesis1982
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed, 29. Oct 08, 13:10
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by nemesis1982 » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 20:35

Sammiclock wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:32
Hey there,

today morning I was a bit bored so i thought i could do a Rewind of all the X Games, just for you guys! :)
I dont care about likes and stuff (i mean i got like 10 subcribers, dont mind), I just want to give all the 'old Veterans' to give them tons of these golden memories back again.

Enjoy and have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5IVys0QHW8

PS: thats the first time i did a video like this so please dont be too mean :D
(i didnt get it to put this video in this post - so you got the link to it)

Nice, my first X game was xtension. Still think that ship is great :)
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Rockthorne
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri, 19. Oct 18, 22:39
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Rockthorne » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 03:12

ishmaeltheforsaken wrote:
Tue, 23. Oct 18, 02:59
Rockthorne wrote:
Tue, 23. Oct 18, 02:29
JSalzbrunn wrote:
Tue, 23. Oct 18, 02:23


Collectors edition:

Base game + 2 DLC + ebook + some more goodies
Sorry but you are wrong! Take a look into the shop and you will read this: Dieses Produkt benötigt zum Spielen die Steam-Version des Hauptspiels X4: Foundations. (This product needs the basic game X4: Foundations)
Sorry, but you are wrong. The Steam item that requires the base game is the "X4: Foundations Collector's Edition Content." You'll also notice that it's not directly purchasable. The purchase link on the page is for "X4: Collector's Edition," which costs however much it costs in whatever country you're in and includes the base game and also the Collector's Edition Content.
In the shop it says: this product needs the basic game! and under "This product includes" there is no basic game listed + the requirements for this product is only 1 gb space and nothing else! I wrote Bernd a message and asked him, have to wait for awnser

User avatar
ishmaeltheforsaken
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun, 15. Oct 06, 17:37
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 03:22

Rockthorne wrote:
Tue, 23. Oct 18, 03:12
In the shop it says: this product needs the basic game! and under "This product includes" there is no basic game listed + the requirements for this product is only 1 gb space and nothing else! I wrote Bernd a message and asked him, have to wait for awnser
I PROMISE you that what I'm saying is true :p The misunderstanding is in what the "this product" you're seeing actually refers to. Once again, the Steam page that says "This product requires the base game" is not the Collector's Edition. It is ONLY the Collector's Edition extras, and you cannot purchase it separately from the base game.

Steam's treatment of store pages for what it classifies as "DLC" is really unintuitive and bad, but if you know how it works then you can usually sort stuff out.

Rockthorne
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri, 19. Oct 18, 22:39
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Rockthorne » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 03:27

ishmaeltheforsaken wrote:
Tue, 23. Oct 18, 03:22
Rockthorne wrote:
Tue, 23. Oct 18, 03:12
In the shop it says: this product needs the basic game! and under "This product includes" there is no basic game listed + the requirements for this product is only 1 gb space and nothing else! I wrote Bernd a message and asked him, have to wait for awnser
I PROMISE you that what I'm saying is true :p The misunderstanding is in what the "this product" you're seeing actually refers to. Once again, the Steam page that says "This product requires the base game" is not the Collector's Edition. It is ONLY the Collector's Edition extras, and you cannot purchase it separately from the base game.

Steam's treatment of store pages for what it classifies as "DLC" is really unintuitive and bad, but if you know how it works then you can usually sort stuff out.
I was messed up from beginning because of that Collectors Edition shop description, but i wrote Bernd and wait what he says. Of corse i would like to have the full package. we will see and i will write here as soon i have more informations About it.

praypold
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat, 25. Apr 09, 06:20
x3tc

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by praypold » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 05:14

Happy to have preordered the Collectors Edition for X4 Foundations, to support Egosoft's new X Universe game. Excited for November 30, waiting on baited breath.
- "Charismatic leaders, a populous with fear of the unknown leads to the first casuality of war - The Truth."

ypsylon
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri, 9. Dec 11, 22:57
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by ypsylon » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 09:16

So its official. Pre-ordered X4, despite terrible experience I had with Rebirth. It has the potential to re-kindle my Terran Conflict/X-Tended fix (sadly that engine is so dated with only one core support).

Can't wait. :D

User avatar
Juggernaut93
Posts: 2651
Joined: Sun, 17. Jul 11, 21:03
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Juggernaut93 » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 11:47

ryeeson wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 15:33
I'm so happy to see the X4 will be available on in couple of weeks from now. This game always force me to spend money and time. May be its time to upgrade again? I built my i7 4770k + R9 290 just for the previous game.. which i din't enjoy and only play for couple of hours... This time, I'll make sure wait for it to lunch first before spending money on GPU. The X4 CE is consider cheaper in my country. Only MYR 135? normal ED is 89? Thank you.
The R9 290 looks to be in line with the minimum requirements for X4 and the CPU is good, so I think an upgrade should not be necessary, well, unless you want to play in 4K or something ;)

PabloRSA
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat, 31. Dec 05, 21:46
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by PabloRSA » Tue, 23. Oct 18, 12:52

Is green man gaming supposed to be cheaper than steam and the store?

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/x4-foundations-pc/

Collectors edition is £10 off the store price whcih is -7% which means its -27% in total from full price from the store.

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations”