X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 21:30

At the moment we only have plans to release on Steam. In the past, our release on Steam has been followed a year or so later by a release on GoG, but I can't guarantee that the same will be true this time around and no decision is likely to be reached any time soon. As far as I'm aware we've never released any game on Gamersgate directly, though they may have sold Steam keys for some of our games at some point.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 22:12

Thanks for the info!

I can definitely see how you must be very busy with the game release as it is and requiring to spend more resources to bring it to GOG is not something feasible right now. Focus on releasing in one place and fix bugs and so on. But I do hope that there aren't technical reasons that tie you up to Steam because even if I have to wait years to play this game (when it eventuallt gets to GOG) it's still much better than never playing it if it never gets there. Keep up the good work!
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Armankessilon
x4

Post by Armankessilon » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 11:18

Hi.
I have preordered the game. And I'm curious is there a chance to run the game on GTX770/Core i5-2500K? Or I should forget about it and buy a new one?

Blower68
x4

Post by Blower68 » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 11:39

Armankessilon wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 11:18
Hi.
I have preordered the game. And I'm curious is there a chance to run the game on GTX770/Core i5-2500K? Or I should forget about it and buy a new one?
The GTX770 seems to have Vulkan supported but searching on the net seems to have some "not so good Performance"....

I'm not sure if there are any validated infos regarding this card working good with X4 but potenially wait for the release and check by yourself in case you are not already planning to replace your hardware for any other reasons...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 11:44

There is a long discussion about system requirements here. Please take related discussion there.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 05:03

Hmm..
Decisions decisions.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 15:55

i7-7700 and GTX 1080ti

I am ready.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 16:05

ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 15:55
i7-7700 and GTX 1080ti

I am ready.
Damn sure you are!! Congrates!! 8)
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 17:13

Miniding wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 16:05
ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
i7-7700 and GTX 1080ti

I am ready.
And 2 GB of RAM

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 22:34

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 17:13
Miniding wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 16:05
ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
i7-7700 and GTX 1080ti

I am ready.
And 2 GB of RAM
16, actually lol
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Zaphyro
x4

Post by Zaphyro » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 18:53

Pre-ordered the Collectors edition! :D
Hope there is more videos coming soon!!

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 08:48

Collector's Ed Pre-ordered. (Via Steam though, sorry. I have enough of my own country's tax to pay, I don't what to pay VAT too! :( )

Sooo... Just wondering...

The X Rebirth Pre-order came with an early release of the OST.

Any chance of some early Zakharov-ian goodness this time too?

:-P

Synthenza
x4

Post by Synthenza » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 20:56

Not sure if the question already got asked, but will there a X4 Foundations CD/Boxer version of the Collectors Edition or is it digital Only? Pre ordered today the Digital but if i get the chance to grab a box ill prefer a still a box of games i love.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 21:00

It's not decided yet, as Egosoft is still in negotiations with Deep Silver about a boxed version.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 23:31

DavidGW wrote:
Mon, 15. Oct 18, 08:48
Collector's Ed Pre-ordered. (Via Steam though, sorry. I have enough of my own country's tax to pay, I don't what to pay VAT too! :( )

Sooo... Just wondering...

The X Rebirth Pre-order came with an early release of the OST.

Any chance of some early Zakharov-ian goodness this time too?

:-P
I would love too!! Big fan of X music/sounds...
Long time I didn't listen to this play list. .. going to!! :D
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Maddog Slayer
x4

Post by Maddog Slayer » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 16:58

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 9. Oct 18, 16:10
@ Maddog Slayer: As stated a few times already on the previous page or so of this thread, the discussions between Egosoft and DeepSilver about the feasibility, publishing and distribution for a physical copy of X4 CE (and maybe basic too) have not been completed. (You usually will need a publisher for physical media even when you are able to self-publish digital download items.)
Adding to another comment I have put my hand in pocket for the X3 rebirth and I would genuinely pay a bit more for a physical complete x universe boxed set.Obviously this is subject to the offered bundle not being overpriced by a greedy company.C'mon Egosoft you are losing an opportunity here.Run a poll or offer to take preliminary preorders for an x 4 or x universe boxed set and see if it would be viable for yourselves or someone else to offer.I only buy a game if I can own a physical copy as even though I have a reasonably good internet speed I cannot always guarentee a connection so if things go wrong it is nice to know I can reinstall without worrying if I have an internet connection.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 19:12

Maddog Slayer wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 16:58
...so if things go wrong it is nice to know I can reinstall without worrying if I have an internet connection.
Thing is you cannot install without an internet connection since it'll still be a steam game. Further more you would likely miss crucial updates needed to actually play the game.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 21:48

Depends. There are DRM-free games on Steam (and on GOG all games are DRM-free) where you can download and install the game once, then backup the game directory somewhere, then reformat your drive, cut your Internet and you could copy that game backup and still play on a fresh Windows install. Matter of fact X3AP worked like this if you got a hold of the no-Steam executable to replace the original game executable to not require Steam when it starts.

True you'd miss up on game updates but some people prefer to be able to control their update frequency (especially these days where games seem to re-download more than 10GB worth of data for every minor update). Updates often introduce their own set of issues too (especially with existing savegames).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 00:51

nemesis1982 wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 19:12
Maddog Slayer wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 16:58
...so if things go wrong it is nice to know I can reinstall without worrying if I have an internet connection.
Thing is you cannot install without an internet connection since it'll still be a steam game. Further more you would likely miss crucial updates needed to actually play the game.
Steam has a offline backup game feature btw incase you didnt know for such purposes as offline reinstalls.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Trooper1994
x4

Post by Trooper1994 » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 02:29

i've combed through some of the pages of replies here and have not seen it asked (or i missed it) so I'll ask it myself is there going to be a No steam.exe for X4 like X3:AP had?
("why can't I make risk-free credits while I slay the universe in my Black Death Ship of Pokemon that lobs auto-generating Fragmentation Bomb Launching Jesus Missiles at everything within 6,000 KM?" -Litcube 10/17/14)

[ external image ]

Return to “X4: Foundations”