X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Doomdog19
x3tc

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Doomdog19 » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 21:26

Question!!!!

If I pre-order through the Egosoft store, can I get a GOG key instead of a Steam key? If not, I'm still going to pre-order the Collectors Edition but it'll be from GOG.

Thank you for releasing at the same time though!! So great to hear that you're releasing on both distributors.

Thank you!!!!!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 21:34

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 16:53
We may, at some point, sell GOG keys in the Egosoft Shop, but that's unlikely to be before release. So if you want to pre-order on GOG then go ahead and do so directly on their site.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Doomdog19
x3tc

Post by Doomdog19 » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 21:52

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 21:34
CBJ wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 16:53
We may, at some point, sell GOG keys in the Egosoft Shop, but that's unlikely to be before release. So if you want to pre-order on GOG then go ahead and do so directly on their site.
Alrighty, thank you! :)

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 02:12

X4 on GOG on release day!!! This is a dream come true, thank you Egosoft! :mrgreen:
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Witchy
x4

Post by Witchy » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 14:50

Do we know what time it is being released? I’ve bern caught out before by taking time off work only for the game not being released until 6pm GMT.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 15:04

Witchy wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 14:50
Do we know what time it is being released? I’ve bern caught out before by taking time off work only for the game not being released until 6pm GMT.
This image taken just now (8:03am Central Time). I will check again at 12 noon to see if the time updates to 2 days.

[ external image ]
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 15:27

Please don't get too hung-up on the exact time. It certainly won't be at midnight UTC but we can't guarantee an exact time during the day.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 15:31

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 15:27
Please don't get too hung-up on the exact time. It certainly won't be at midnight UTC but we can't guarantee an exact time during the day.
I'm using that to go on for now, but I doubt we will erupt into "why isn't it available at X time omgboycottreeeeeeeeeeeeee."

Kinda reminds me of the whole thing around Shadow of War. Something went on, and it ended up being released by the devs a day early due to some issue.

My point it, just as you said, the time given by Steam isn't always concrete. I've waited a few years and some days. A few hours won't kill me.

EDIT: The Steam counter turns over at 12pm noon Central Time. It just switched to 2 days. So take that one with a few grains of salt.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 19:07

ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 15:31
...the time given by Steam is never concrete.
here, I've fixed it (Steam/Valve never releases anything, publisher does). Also, told you so :P

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 19:23

Alci wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 19:07
ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 15:31
...the time given by Steam is never concrete.
here, I've fixed it (Steam/Valve never releases anything, publisher does). Also, told you so :P
Yes, but Steam has no idea when the publisher will release unless given a date and time. Until they get that specific info, they usually say TBA.
At the current rate, the Steam timer indicates unlock at 12pm November 29th, Central time.

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 20:01

ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 19:23
At the current rate, the Steam timer indicates unlock at 12pm November 29th, Central time.
I also said, it shows different days for different people. And it also doesn't even respect a day due to timezones (almost no release is at the same day around the world). So the "29th" will be "a lie" for some people for sure :)

There are ALWAYS soo many who don't understand, for who it's the first release ever (despite hundreds of games on the account, they always wonder). It won't be different. And it always starts 12hrs before UTC midnight :) "It's 29th now and no release".

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 20:07

Alci wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 20:01
ZombiePotatoSalad wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 19:23
I also said, it shows different days for different people. And it also doesn't even respect a day due to timezones (almost no release is at the same day around the world). So the "29th" will be "a lie" for some people for sure :)

There are ALWAYS soo many who don't understand, for who it's the first release ever (despite hundreds of games on the account, they always wonder). It won't be different. And it always starts 12hrs before UTC midnight :) "It's 29th now and no release".
Yes, and therein lies the discrepancy. Sometimes it utterly borks out. As I mentioned before, Shadow of War released a day earlier because of... something. And from what I've seen, they do account for timezone differences, especially for countries on opposite sides of the Prime Meridian.

Wouldn't November 30th for the Eastern Hemisphere be roughly November 29th for the Western? Really depends on the place.

Nargon
x4

Post by Nargon » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 21:36

If you want to know when the game will be released, then here is my timeline prediction at Egosoft office on 30. november:
All times are in German Timezone CET (UTC/GMT +1 hour)
8:00AM - everyone is working and checking their last work on preparing for release
9:00AM - internal meeting - Check all aspects of the game
10:00AM - If everything is OK, or if there are "acceptable" errors, then is started packaging process and delivering to the Steam (GOG) servers.
13:00PM - After the lunch the package is uploaded, the game is switched to "private release" (released only for egosoft)
13:10PM - Test if the game is possible download, install and play on Steam and Gog.
14:00PM - Everything is OK? Then the game is switched to "public release" (for everybody). The downloading for the players started.
14:30PM - First issues and bugs from players. The neverending fight against bugs is started.

This scenario applies if everything is OK. If problems occur, the times may be delayed.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 21:55

Nargon wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 21:36
If you want to know when the game will be released, then here is my timeline prediction at Egosoft office on 30. november:
All times are in German Timezone CET (UTC/GMT +1 hour)
8:00AM - everyone is working and checking their last work on preparing for release
9:00AM - internal meeting - Check all aspects of the game
10:00AM - If everything is OK, or if there are "acceptable" errors, then is started packaging process and delivering to the Steam (GOG) servers.
13:00PM - After the lunch the package is uploaded, the game is switched to "private release" (released only for egosoft)
13:10PM - Test if the game is possible download, install and play on Steam and Gog.
14:00PM - Everything is OK? Then the game is switched to "public release" (for everybody). The downloading for the players started.
14:30PM - First issues and bugs from players. The neverending fight against bugs is started.

This scenario applies if everything is OK. If problems occur, the times may be delayed.
And if those times are correct. It could be earlier or later, as befits a prediction. We will see when we see.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 09:30

Oh :cry:
My steam says Available: 1 December
So because my timezone is UTC +12 I get it a day later than everyone else

Can't decide whether to cancel the steam purchase and go for GOG as I'd want a CE physical copy if that came about and that'd be a steam key I suppose, I really liked the Superbox with all the extra stuff.

EDIT: CE is cheaper on Steam so will stick with that and probably end up buying all 3
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 10:48

Actually no, you are not a day later, your count is just different, as you started ahead already pretty much everyday. You get it at the same point in history as anyone else. :-P

MFG

Ketraar

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:15

See Foundations is just outside the top ten on Steam Top Sellers …. Will it get to number 1 .. ?

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:26

birdtable wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:15
See Foundations is just outside the top ten on Steam Top Sellers …. Will it get to number 1 .. ?
Well there's nothing else of note being released this week, so yeah it clearly will rank quite highly! Lots of people bored of Elite:D and fed up waiting for Star Citizen, I would imagine these people will be seeing X4 all over their recommended Steam section and to be honest it is looking very good right now. If I wasn't already a huge fan of the series and didn't know anything about it, I'd probably impulse buy X4 just based on the Steam store page alone

:lol:
Admiral of the Fleet.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 18:02

Vandragorax wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:26
birdtable wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:15
Well there's nothing else of note being released this week, so yeah it clearly will rank quite highly! Lots of people bored of Elite:D and fed up waiting for Star Citizen, I would imagine these people will be seeing X4 all over their recommended Steam section and to be honest it is looking very good right now. If I wasn't already a huge fan of the series and didn't know anything about it, I'd probably impulse buy X4 just based on the Steam store page alone

:lol:
What do you mean fed up waiting for SC? Its a free fly this week and I play it everyday. Even now it has an amazing atmosphere, great music, cool places to explore.

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 21:30

Wish you guys an awesome launch - the direct opposite of X3:RB times! :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”