X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 23. Nov 18, 21:37

@ blotunga: From GOG, you would get the basic game, the CE bonus digital content (not the paint mod though) and also the first 2 DLCs for free when they release. No more than that is included.
As to your system, all you can do is look at the min/rec specs and make an educated guess.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

blotunga
xr

Post by blotunga » Fri, 23. Nov 18, 21:58

I don't mind the paint mod, I prefer GOG. My GTX980m is about 10% below the minimum GTX 970 so it might be a bit underpowered. I think I will wait for others to test it :/

I3laze
x4

Post by I3laze » Fri, 23. Nov 18, 23:38

Hi

I've just purchased the CE after getting a refund for the standard Edition and I'm wondering when I register the game from steam onto here should it say X4 Foundations CE or just X4 Foundations?

I did register the standard edition and I thought that registering my new CE would just over write it and say CE at the end. I don't want to miss out on the paint mod you see :)

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 10:13

I3laze wrote:
Fri, 23. Nov 18, 23:38
Hi

I've just purchased the CE after getting a refund for the standard Edition and I'm wondering when I register the game from steam onto here should it say X4 Foundations CE or just X4 Foundations?

I did register the standard edition and I thought that registering my new CE would just over write it and say CE at the end. I don't want to miss out on the paint mod you see :)
I pre-ordered the CE and the forum "just" says X4:Foundations. It didn't show DLC for XR either so guess it'll be the core game that's listed.
vukica wrote:
Tue, 2. Oct 18, 14:30
MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Tue, 2. Oct 18, 12:48
Now I have to buy a new PC :o
This
It's not just that you're taking a huge leap of faith given what happened with XR.
Well, I'm overdue for an upgrade of my i7-4770k and GTX570 so good to have a reason. Leaving Windows 7 is going to take some getting used to, though.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

blotunga
xr

Post by blotunga » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 14:23

Btw according to GOG you also get the paint mod if you buy from them, they will give a key which can be registered here.

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Sun, 25. Nov 18, 10:40

Have you released modding support info yet?

I would like to prepare and start porting my relevant X3:RB mods to X4. Thanks!

Billynomates
x4

Post by Billynomates » Sun, 25. Nov 18, 15:06

blotunga wrote:
Sat, 24. Nov 18, 14:23
Btw according to GOG you also get the paint mod if you buy from them, they will give a key which can be registered here.
Correct that is confirmed here viewtopic.php?f=146&t=400484 scroll down to see below steam information.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Sun, 25. Nov 18, 15:26

Assailer wrote:
Sun, 25. Nov 18, 10:40
Have you released modding support info yet?

I would like to prepare and start porting my relevant X3:RB mods to X4. Thanks!
I think that will come after release. With 5 days left, I think they're taking every opportunity to check and double-check as much as they can.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

General_Moroz
x4

Post by General_Moroz » Sun, 25. Nov 18, 17:55

Hey guys! What about marketing: some videos, interview maybe? Less 5 days per realese and nothing new since alpha status 2 month ago. I've preodered CE, but now I'm a little confuced. :|

Your publisher piсked up the GOG and, IMHO, this is a bad news: he has not been trying to sell many copies of X4. GOG hasn't DRM... So... Well... Where is mr Marketing?
Last edited by General_Moroz on Mon, 26. Nov 18, 06:17, edited 2 times in total.

Dani_Gecko
x4

Post by Dani_Gecko » Sun, 25. Nov 18, 18:09

I'm about to get X4 from GoG. As i promised, when the games gets to GoG, I shall buy it. Still not sure about the version, though. Also debating, if I should wait 'till a few days after launch just to be on the safe side.

I got a question concerning the Collector's Edition.
Can I still buy this specific version of the game after launch date or is it just for those pre-ordering the game? I'm aware price changes may occur; just asking about the availability.

Cheers, Gecko

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 25. Nov 18, 18:16

Dani_Gecko wrote:
Sun, 25. Nov 18, 18:09
I got a question concerning the Collector's Edition.
Can I still buy this specific version of the game after launch date or is it just for those pre-ordering the game? I'm aware price changes may occur; just asking about the availability.
The first post in this thread wrote: Is the Collector's Edition limited?
The digital Collectors Edition will certainly be available after release, but as per the announcement, the exclusive paint mod is a pre-order bonus. Also, the pre-order price is discounted so it will be slightly more expensive then.

General_Moroz
x4

Post by General_Moroz » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 15:18

Well, almost 3 days left. Can you tell me, will we see one more actual video before release?

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 15:26

General_Moroz wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 15:18
Well, almost 3 days left. Can you tell me, will we see one more actual video before release?
WREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

In all seriousness, if we see anything, it will probably be a launch trailer. If not, we'll have our hands on the game in a short time anyway.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

General_Moroz
x4

Post by General_Moroz » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 15:40

Strange marketing policy. Nobody knows about X4, except fans - like us. But... if it happens... I can handle with buggy release :mrgreen:

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 15:51

General_Moroz wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 15:40
Strange marketing policy. Nobody knows about X4, except fans - like us. But... if it happens... I can handle with buggy release :mrgreen:
To be fair, although Steam take an almost unreasonably large chunk of sales money from Egosoft, they also provide useful marketing etc. in the way of showing X4 recommendations to people with an interest in space sim games, and other ways of prompting users to notice it. This will be even better once people start playing it and if the user reviews and community around the release are all positive :)
Admiral of the Fleet.

Doomdog19
x3tc

Post by Doomdog19 » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 21:26

Question!!!!

If I pre-order through the Egosoft store, can I get a GOG key instead of a Steam key? If not, I'm still going to pre-order the Collectors Edition but it'll be from GOG.

Thank you for releasing at the same time though!! So great to hear that you're releasing on both distributors.

Thank you!!!!!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 21:34

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 16:53
We may, at some point, sell GOG keys in the Egosoft Shop, but that's unlikely to be before release. So if you want to pre-order on GOG then go ahead and do so directly on their site.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Doomdog19
x3tc

Post by Doomdog19 » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 21:52

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 21:34
CBJ wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 16:53
We may, at some point, sell GOG keys in the Egosoft Shop, but that's unlikely to be before release. So if you want to pre-order on GOG then go ahead and do so directly on their site.
Alrighty, thank you! :)

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 02:12

X4 on GOG on release day!!! This is a dream come true, thank you Egosoft! :mrgreen:
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Witchy
x4

Post by Witchy » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 14:50

Do we know what time it is being released? I’ve bern caught out before by taking time off work only for the game not being released until 6pm GMT.

Return to “X4: Foundations”