Temporary orders > ship resumes prior task once complete.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Combat Wombat
x4

Re:

Post by Combat Wombat » Thu, 27. Sep 18, 15:56

DaMuncha wrote:
Wed, 26. Sep 18, 09:51
From what I've seen in the previews, commanding your ships looks like typical RTS actions. Move Here, or Attack This. They havent shown us any sort of interface for queing instructions or being able to set any AI command list.
That would be hard for them to port to consoles one day so I am sure they will stay far away :/
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Vandragorax
x4

Re:

Post by Vandragorax » Thu, 27. Sep 18, 17:09

Fenhris wrote:
Wed, 26. Sep 18, 20:33
I seem to remember from one of the pressentations that if you enter one of your ships and sit at the controls, you will have full control of the ship until you leave the control seat. I think I remember that they said that when you leave it, the pilot would take control again and resume his previous task?

While this in it self wouldnt give the function Scoob is asking for (he wants to be able to give it commands from afar), it would still be a similar way of acting?
So, if memory really does serve me well, the base of the function should be there?
Yes I do remember hearing this in one of the presentations as well. I presume it would be most useful in a situation like:
  • you have a ship somewhere patrolling or with other move orders
  • it comes under attack and you want to 'teleport' to it and take over the fight temporarily
  • you win the fight and then 'teleport' back to your original ship
In this scenario, you'd definitely want the ship to resume its original orders so you don't have to worry about re-giving the original orders every time you teleport into another ship and then back again.

Hopefully we'll see the beginnings of a marked improvement over the old orders system from X3/XR so that X4 can take a few steps up in this field after release as future patches and improvements happen :)
Admiral of the Fleet.

DaMuncha
x4

Re: Temporary orders > ship resumes prior task once complete.

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 28. Sep 18, 02:27

One of the things I liked in X3 was being able to give another ship orders to fly to me, then get out of my ship and space walk over to the other ship and get in. I felt like I was jumping over a huge gap like I was going to fall into the endless void. scary.
Just... another... bug.

Miniding
x4

Re: Re:

Post by Miniding » Fri, 28. Sep 18, 08:19

Fenhris wrote:
Wed, 26. Sep 18, 20:33
I seem to remember from one of the pressentations that if you enter one of your ships and sit at the controls, you will have full control of the ship until you leave the control seat. I think I remember that they said that when you leave it, the pilot would take control again and resume his previous task?

While this in it self wouldnt give the function Scoob is asking for (he wants to be able to give it commands from afar), it would still be a similar way of acting?
So, if memory really does serve me well, the base of the function should be there?
I remember it too!! It's in the 1st trailer. saying "you get on the pilot to take control, you do what you wanna do, and when lyou leave the seat, the pilot gets back to the seat and continue wahteever he was doing before…"

The order queue of XR was nice but for any change, you had to erase all aorder in queue… I hope they succeeded in improving this too :)
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Return to “X4: Foundations”