X4 Ship list so far with images!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X4 Ship list so far with images!

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 12:15

I'm bored, and decided to gather the ships that were shown so far from streams and other media to increase the hype. Some of them are unknown, some of them are guesses. If you have addition, post a picture of it and I will put it in the OP. Also, please notify me about errors and inconsistensies.

Which one is your favourite so far? I personally really like the Falcon and the Behemoth!

Special images with features!
Confirmed -Argon Colossus fighter launch bays explained
Confirmed - Teladi Kestrel docking at a Teladi Trading Station while overtaking a Vulture
Confirmed - Behemoth attacking a Colossus
Confirmed - Drill (previously Nudung) Encyclopedia Entry

Argon ships
Confirmed - Discoverer 1 | Discoverer 2 | Discoverer 3 | Cockpit | Cockpit 2
Unknown Corvette/Frigate 1 Cockpit | Corvette/Frigate 1 Cockpit #2
Confirmed - Behemoth | Behemoth 2 | Behemoth 3 | Cockpit
Unknown Corvette 3
Unknown Corvette 4
Unknown docked ships | 2
Unknown docking transport
Unknown transport
Confirmed - Drill | Drill Cockpit
Minotaur (?) | Minotaur cockpit | Minotaur 2 | Minotaur 3 | Minotaur 4
Magnetar cockpit
Confirmed - Nova | Nova 2 | Nova 3 | Nova cockpit
Cerberus/Centaur | 2
Confirmed - Mercury | Mercury #2 (in the background) | Mercury #3 | Mercury Loadout
Unknown Argon transport ships (notice the difference between their bottom surface modules)

Paranid ships
Odysseus, a Nemesis, and many smaller crafts
Confirmed - Odysseus
Confirmed - Demeter Demeter 2 Demeter 3 | Demeter 4
Frigate | 2
Unknown (maybe Nemesis?)
Perseus | #2
Pericles
Confirmed - Atlas | Atlas #2 | Unloading cargo | Atlas Loadout Screen

Teladi ships
Confirmed - Peregrine 1 Peregrine 2 Peregrine 3 Cockpit 2
Confirmed - Pelican | Docked Pelican
Confirmed - Kestrel | Kestrel 2 | Kestrel 3 | Kestrel 4 | Kestrel Cockpit Cockpit 2
Confirmed - Osprey
Confirmed - Vulture | Vulture 2 | Vulture 3 | Vulture 4 Vulture cockpit
Confirmed - Falcon | Falcon #2
Unknown

Xenon ships
Confirmed - Xenon M | M #2 |M #3

Other
Trans-orbital accelerator

Missing a picture yet (or unindentified, but has confirmed existance ingame)
Sonra
Incarcatura
Sunder
Ides
Elite
Courier
Pegasus
Crane
Eclipse
Manorina
Veles
Xenon L
Xenon P
The Placeholder Vanguard
Last edited by Tomonor on Tue, 20. Nov 18, 22:18, edited 34 times in total.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 13:11

Great list. I've been wanting to see something like this since last video started showcasing more ships.

The second unknown corvette in the Argon list is an M-sized Argon bomber. The screenshots labeled as "Minotaur" are actually views from its cockpit/bridge.

The unknown ship at the bottom of the Teladi ship is just a Falcon viewed from the rear.

Another thing to note is that ship names do not necessarily relate to X3 ship classifications (M5, M4, M3, etc.) The Osprey is now a frigate instead of a corvette, for example.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 13:15

Nice footage!

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 13:20

Did u find and screengrab for your list, the big grey and boxy mid sized ship from the Gamescom video. It's at about the 2 minutes ish mark; You can see when a ship takes off u can see on left side of screen the ship in question? Into your list, if so what did you call it?
Last edited by Skeeter on Fri, 24. Aug 18, 14:11, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 13:22

A5PECT wrote:Great list. I've been wanting to see something like this since last video started showcasing more ships.

The second unknown corvette in the Argon list is an M-sized Argon bomber. The screenshots labeled as "Minotaur" are actually views from its cockpit/bridge.

The unknown ship at the bottom of the Teladi ship is just a Falcon viewed from the rear.

Another thing to note is that ship names do not necessarily relate to X3 ship classifications (M5, M4, M3, etc.) The Osprey is now a frigate instead of a corvette, for example.
1. Thanks for the help!

2. It's not the falcon, but something similar. The Falcon has rotating engines on the sides now, and that ship is full of engines at the rear :D

3. I'm aware, that's why I'm trying to guess the classification by size for now.
Skeeter wrote:Did u get the big grey boxy but curvy mid sized ship from Gamescom vid at about 2 minutes ish mark u see when a ship takes off u can see on left side of screen?
Not sure which one you mean, can you quote the image?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 13:44

https://youtu.be/AozXPfEq3Z0

2min 32sec, the big grey ship docked on platform on the left side, that one.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 13:58

Skeeter wrote:https://youtu.be/AozXPfEq3Z0

2min 32sec, the big grey ship docked on platform on the left side, that one.
Yep, that's the source.

AkrionXxarr
x4

Post by AkrionXxarr » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 16:23

I feel like there's a possibility that "Unknown Corvette 4" under Argon might be Paranid? Mainly due to its more Paranid-like smooth and rounded architecture (it's more apparent a second or two later in the video). Just a thought!

Edit: Though the Atlas appears to be Argon and I would've thought it'd be Paranid at first glance due to its appearance. I may be wrong!

Edit edit: (Of course that's assuming it isn't an Argon citizen piloting a Paranid ship, which given the Greek name... I dunno)

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 16:29

Yeah, the Atlas is questionable. In previous X games though, Argons possesed the Atlas ship.

AkrionXxarr
x4

Post by AkrionXxarr » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 16:48

This is true. Hmm...

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 17:15

I think you can add all variant of ships we've seen into the last video : sentinels and vanguards

Aerkusa
x4

Post by Aerkusa » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 16:41

Man, that nova pic is really bittersweet to me.

I think that the new nova looks cool and I think the flight model with the rotating engines looks awesome.

But I really have a soft spot for the old Argon ship designs that look like hot rods with the long noses and big engines.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 19:41

Aerkusa wrote:Man, that nova pic is really bittersweet to me.

I think that the new nova looks cool and I think the flight model with the rotating engines looks awesome.

But I really have a soft spot for the old Argon ship designs that look like hot rods with the long noses and big engines.
Have to agree with you - the modern Nova is fantastic (and arguably a superior design for a low-mass, agile space combat vehicle), but X3's Nova looked like a friggin muscle car. :D

I do hope, however, that any Split ships that get introduced down the line are just as radical a departure, and not the spiky assemblages of rusty metal we have in X3... personally I'd enjoy something inspired by X2's Klingon-bird-of-prey Mamba (easily my favorite personal craft, simply because it looked badass.)
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 20:24

I gotta say I have gotten used to it. Started playing since X2, and it was so damned weird that they retconned the design of all ships to Reunion. But they looked so great. Then I played X BtF and X Tension to learn that there wasn't a coherent ship design to begin with.

Then Rebirth happened and for the first time, I wasn't excited for the ship designs in the X universe.

Now, with the case of X4... I dunno. Some of the old classic shapes, like the Discoverer and the Falcon are pretty sweet. And the general design orientation of X4 is alright too. But some things, I can't really deal with, like the bug-like Xenon ships. I mean, I saw their menacing look on the concept arts, and what we got in Rebirth is laughable instead.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 03:51

What!? The K looks awesome!

razor202
x4

Post by razor202 » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 06:57

I'm sure that the Argon's unknown frigate with an s class landing position on its top is Cerberus. And the Argon's large carrier witch is larger than the Behemoth is Colossus.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 09:12

Zloth2 wrote:What!? The K looks awesome!
Agreed. And the I is even more fearsome.

...and the XR Xenon fighters look the same as X3 models.

Solflame
x4

Post by Solflame » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 15:17

Now I can't speak for the I other than it pales in comparison to even ships that were stranded in Albion ages ago (the Arawn outguns it and it was originally launched before the gates fell), but while the K might look fearsome, it is about as dangerous as the bug it resembles and nowhere near any of the other destroyers in the game.

The turret placement is horrid, it has less anti-fighter defense than the first L-size freighter in the game, and it is probably the easiest capship in the game to fully disarm due to how few guns it has.

Basically, good looking ship, needs better armament. The I deserves an upgrade as well. Xenon capships should be on-par w/ race capships.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 15:45

Yup - the K was significant thread to L-size ships, but no thread to fighters (unle stupid AI pilots get hit by those large turrets).

I hope they will reintroduce other Xenon types like J and Q in X4.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 20:43

razor202 wrote:I'm sure that the Argon's unknown frigate with an s class landing position on its top is Cerberus. And the Argon's large carrier witch is larger than the Behemoth is Colossus.
Noted, you are most likely right!
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Zloth2 wrote:What!? The K looks awesome!
Agreed. And the I is even more fearsome.

...and the XR Xenon fighters look the same as X3 models.
I have gotten waaaay used to the modular Xenon ships in X3. It completely fits them.

Not to say that since the Xenon fighter designs remained the same (while the capitals' did not), it just generated even more inconsistencies!

Anyway, updating OP post with updates/fixes!

Return to “X4: Foundations”