X4-Information from Gamescom

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 26. Aug 18, 20:23

To me i always saw x rebirth as an engine qith gameplay untill the real X4 would crop up. A sort of early access without being the same game. Work on the tech, squash the bugs, get community feedback, evaluate whats possible with the new engine, spin up X4

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 26. Aug 18, 20:44

either way X4 better be decent on release and at a price we dont scream at. Rebirth left a sour taste in a lot of our mouths, and losing the Boron after all these years wont be forgotten easily by people who liked them. so hey Ego..whats that release date again? lol :roll:

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 26. Aug 18, 21:06

Best way to go in is to expect the release to be the public beta phase, much less sour when you go in expecting the worst, or wait the first good deal.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 26. Aug 18, 23:30

Less then 4 Months probably 2-3 Months range. I wish I could go for a deep sleep right about now.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 02:53

jocan2003 wrote:To me i always saw x rebirth as an engine qith gameplay untill the real X4 would crop up. A sort of early access without being the same game. Work on the tech, squash the bugs, get community feedback, evaluate whats possible with the new engine, spin up X4
This guy gets it

GageDragon
x4

Post by GageDragon » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 10:14

jocan2003 wrote:To me i always saw x rebirth as an engine qith gameplay untill the real X4 would crop up. A sort of early access without being the same game. Work on the tech, squash the bugs, get community feedback, evaluate whats possible with the new engine, spin up X4

I kind of picture X4 being to Rebirth what X-tension was to BtF

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 13:57

GageDragon wrote:

This guy gets it too

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 15:33

GageDragon wrote:

It was an X:BTF trying to catch up to X3:AP, but only got as far as X-Tension/X:2 but later Patch releases got as far as X3:Reunion.

I'm guessing that it was release X:Rebirth in the state it was at that time or wait a year longer and they would of gone Bankrupt.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 16:07

Anyone else think the L ships looked very manoeuvrable in the combat clips? That'll be interesting to play. L ships in XR were too slow for my taste, even the Balor, so I won't mind going the other way this time.
Last edited by MegaJohnny on Mon, 27. Aug 18, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 16:25

MegaJohnny wrote:Anyone else think the L ships looked very manoeuvrable in the combat clips? That'll be interesting to play. L ships in XR where too slow for my taste, even the Balor, so I won't mind going the other way this time.
Yup - there is that big red Argon ship that seems to be very agile...or is crew is full of W40k Orc and red paint make it faster because Orcs belive so.

Also nice thing I noticed (4:40) that capship wrecks seems to conserve ship momentum when destroyed

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 16:36

mr.WHO wrote: Also nice thing I noticed (4:40) that capship wrecks seems to conserve ship momentum when destroyed
That is nice. Not sure how it compares but something similar occurs in XR.

One of the moments in XR that stand out to me the most was some of my capital ships trying to kill another capital ship. My target was low on health so it tried to escape via fleeing with the boost drive. Just after that spoolled up and it began to acelerate and flee, we struck the killing blow. I can only imagine the initial elation and then despondency of the crew as ripples of detiniations spread through the hull as it rolled off course at high speed and finally blew once the reactor went.

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 03:12

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
mr.WHO wrote: Also nice thing I noticed (4:40) that capship wrecks seems to conserve ship momentum when destroyed
That is nice. Not sure how it compares but something similar occurs in XR.

One of the moments in XR that stand out to me the most was some of my capital ships trying to kill another capital ship. My target was low on health so it tried to escape via fleeing with the boost drive. Just after that spoolled up and it began to acelerate and flee, we struck the killing blow. I can only imagine the initial elation and then despondency of the crew as ripples of detiniations spread through the hull as it rolled off course at high speed and finally blew once the reactor went.
Hope they have a "space friction" system on them that slows them down after a short time. Wrecks hanging around for awhile adds a ton of immersion to the game, and let's players see where battles have been taking place, along with the gameplay related stuff (salvage and the like).

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 11:45

I'm really glad to see windows on the interior rooms, and lots of NPC 'life' actually moving around this time.

I feel that one of the biggest reasons that station walking in XR felt so jarring was that it completely cut off the player from the 'space' part of the game. There wasn't any way to see the game world going on around us, other ships flying around, or NPCs going about their business. It was very static and sterile entering a station.

That seems to be vastly improved now! This and the station and ship customisation screens, along with the previous videos showcasing the new map overview functionality has got me very interested in losing myself into this game :)
Admiral of the Fleet.

madfury
x4

Post by madfury » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 11:50

Has the price announcement "Soon" been postponed or the definition of "Soon" is "What ever we determine it to be"?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 12:40

Vandragorax wrote:I'm really glad to see windows on the interior rooms, and lots of NPC 'life' actually moving around this time.

I feel that one of the biggest reasons that station walking in XR felt so jarring was that it completely cut off the player from the 'space' part of the game. There wasn't any way to see the game world going on around us, other ships flying around, or NPCs going about their business. It was very static and sterile entering a station.

That seems to be vastly improved now! This and the station and ship customisation screens, along with the previous videos showcasing the new map overview functionality has got me very interested in losing myself into this game :)
To an extent your right about NPC's life but that teladi in that room with a window was stood there like a tin of milk, naked. So doesn't seem like all the static is gone plus we got a pervy teladi naked staring at us to look forward too. What would help the more active life of NPC's is to have voiced idle chatter between NPC's u can overhear while passing by NPC's. But they each gotta talk about something different as if it was copied NPC idle chatter it would be boring and useless to add to the ambiance. Kinda like u have in sp RPG games when u enter a city or hub. I mean for example in reality on a Friday night u expect noise from lóads of people talking and music going off, in rebirth u heard a bit of music very few people and no idle voiced chatter making it a place I'd say there's not much action here let's try a different pub/club.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 13:58

whats the problem with a naked teladi?

its not common in the teladi culture to wear cloth as cloth do not serve a purpose nor do cloth generate profit.

Aerkusa
x4

Post by Aerkusa » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 14:57

madfury wrote:Has the price announcement "Soon" been postponed or the definition of "Soon" is "What ever we determine it to be"?
That seems redundant.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 14:58

eMYNOCK wrote:whats the problem with a naked teladi?

its not common in the teladi culture to wear cloth as cloth do not serve a purpose nor do cloth generate profit.
You think Teladi are heating their spaceships? Pathetic.

I thought this Teladi to be the player model in third perspective...

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 15:17

In X3 I think everyone turned the station announcements off after 5 minutes, but at least they were disembodied voices that didn't matter if they weren't there.

I think of all the in-station "life" to be the same, unless its truly massive DB of interactions and random speech, it'll become dull and repetitive by the end of your first day's play. which is a reason never to have bothered in the first place, cool for the first 10 minutes, but ultimately a massive waste of effort that should have been spent on other things.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 17:15

gbjbaanb wrote:In X3 I think everyone turned the station announcements off after 5 minutes, but at least they were disembodied voices that didn't matter if they weren't there.
Untrue. While repetitive, I found them enjoyable.

Definitely part of the "X" feeling for me, like Betty.

Return to “X4: Foundations”