Slaves anyone

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 11:44

Well if not outright slavery, then how about bringing captured offenders to a military station for summary justice and them *perhaps* being sentenced to do indentured community service as allied ship or station crew (as a relatively attractive alternative to hard labour and incarceration)?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 12:13

In my personal opinion, I am not really bothered about trying to capture enemy "ejectees" or use them for anything. I'd be absolutely fine with just them ejecting into a pod and zooming off to the nearest station without being able to interact with them. As long as I can still capture their ship that is what matters.
Admiral of the Fleet.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 13:25

Warnoise wrote:what devs did in Kenshi, make it not available "officially" but make it accessible through mods.
They removed slavery from Kenshi?!

sorry, OT. did a double-take and had to respond. please continue the discussion.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 15:02

j.harshaw wrote:
Warnoise wrote:what devs did in Kenshi, make it not available "officially" but make it accessible through mods.
That would be news to me. Seeing that they still mention the option of slavery in the game description on Steam, fixed bugs regarding slavery in the latest patches, and even reviews telling about this option, I feel it's hard to believe that this feature isn't available anymore.
Warnoise wrote:Why is that? Because unlike the times when X3 was released, now everything will be interpreted as a political agenda.
It's a game for crying out loud.
Nikola515 wrote:To balance this it should be illegal and we should be able to do it only in hidden or pirate sectors....
If it's illegal the player should be able to do it anywhere, but has to deal with the consequences if they are caught.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 17:10

j.harshaw wrote:

sorry, OT. did a double-take and had to respond. please continue the discussion.
Slavery exist in the game, but players can not "enslave". There is a mod though that makes it possible to do so.

LordJorge
x4

Post by LordJorge » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 18:56

Alan Phipps wrote:Well if not outright slavery, then how about bringing captured offenders to a military station for summary justice and them *perhaps* being sentenced to do indentured community service as allied ship or station crew (as a relatively attractive alternative to hard labour and incarceration)?
Hmmm... And maybe a smart entrepeneur could deal with indenturing contracts and "indentured personel" transport between stations.

Of course high profile contracts could prove to be more valuable

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 19:46

Well to get around the politically loaded definition "slave" we could just call them freedom impaired ;)
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Tue, 5. Jun 18, 00:04

Teladi saysss liberated asssssetssss.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Tue, 5. Jun 18, 05:02

ah. it was fun to grab ejected pilots and sell them to Marine Training facilities after turning them into freedom impaired. I had 500 hundred of them still in a TP prison ship in X3. I really gotta boot that up sometime.

Return to “X4: Foundations”