NEWS: Stream? Did somebody say.... stream? (X3AP)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lothari
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
xr

NEWS: Stream? Did somebody say.... stream? (X3AP)

Post by Lothari » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 16:02

[Invitation Detail]
Event: X3AP Stream
Date: 2018-03-16
Time: 19:00 CET
Location: Egosoft Twitch Channel ( https://www.twitch.tv/egosoftofficial )
Participants: The Internet
Language: The Queen's English
[Invitation Detail End]

[Invitation Begin]
Greetings, fellow spacefarers!

We know a lot of you have been clamouring for another developer stream for our next game, X4: Foundations, for some time now. Since we came back from our Christmas and New Year holidays, we've been working very hard on further development of the project, so haven't yet found time to put together another X4 stream. While we've so far really enjoyed our streaming experience, we want to make sure that our streams aren't bogged down in small technical details that not everyone can appreciate, but instead are interesting and exciting.

So one of our developers, Owen "Xenon_Slayer" Lake, had an idea.

Because we still want to stream and have some interaction with you, but we don't have anything new and shiny to show for X4 just yet, he thought, "Why not just sit back, relax with Twitch Chat and play X3: Albion Prelude for a little while?" We really liked this idea, so we decided to make it happen!

With that in mind, you're invited to join Owen and Lorraine "Lothari" Wilson, for a live stream of X3: Albion Prelude on Friday the 16th March at 19:00 CET. Not just invited to watch though - they would like you to direct them. Being the... experts? that they are, simply playing the game would be too easy! They would like you to give us an interesting challenge that they can try to fulfil in a two- to three-hour window. You can post your suggestions as replies to this post - they'll annouce what they're going to try at the start of the stream.

Hope to see you there!
Egosoft Team
[Invitation End]

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 16:50

Appreciated, it's a great idea to break the wait until the release of X4

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 17:03

Would have liked to maybe see a stream of each X game played from a Dev and talk about the progression between em, what worked and didn't between each next game etc.

So would have liked a xbtf one first. But. It's something to watch, I'm sure it will be interesting.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 17:12

Well, it's only the first stream. Nothing stopping us going back and doing the older games. Of course, not many of us can give a dev commentary about X-BtF, bit before my time at least.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 18:50

Can we ask questions about the X4 in the stream ?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 18:59

Sure, you can ask but I can't say we'll give much more info than what is already out there. We'll probably collect some of the unanswered X4 questions for the next X4 QA stream.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 20:19

How about finding and hunting down an unknown object (UFO)?
I guess this could be over very fast or never. idk.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 20:21

i hope you visit the secret UFO base during the stream

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 20:32

Cycrow wrote:i hope you visit the secret UFO base during the stream
if someone can findcreate it its them :D
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 07:40

Nice! Will be watching for sure!

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 08:07

Be ready for nothing but X4 questions in the chat.

-Dna-
x4

Post by -Dna- » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 08:55

UniTrader wrote:
Cycrow wrote:i hope you visit the secret UFO base during the stream
if someone can findcreate it its them :D
Just follow an UFO and you'll find it! :lol:
Remember: Good things don't come to an end: good things just stop. ~ [cit. Sean "Day[9]" Plott]

:xenon: Xenon Love! \#/ :xenon:
:split: Grill the Borons! :split:
:pirat: Real pirates (ab)use Jumpdrive (and Rum) :pirat:

th3cr0w
xr

Post by th3cr0w » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 13:28

Every dev ever: "don't want to bother you with technical stuff"
me: Please please! Bother me with the technical stuff <.<

Like "Skeeter" said a look into the past, comparing design choices between the games would be quite a nice thing to watch.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 15:03

A cool challange idea i think could be to mod a ship so its speed is ludocrusly fast, something u can see in front of you a little bit. Make it so it can cross a sector in about 1 minute without seta on. And take the fans on a tour of the universe so people can enjoy all the nice backgrounds, the different music, different races and stations by flying past em quickly. See if you cant wiz around the whole x map within ur allotted time. Maybe if going too quick u can take time to do other requested things. No jump drive tho.

What do you think?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Lothari
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
xr

Post by Lothari » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 17:41

Skeeter wrote:A cool challange idea i think could be to mod a ship so its speed is ludocrusly fast, something u can see in front of you a little bit. Make it so it can cross a sector in about 1 minute without seta on. And take the fans on a tour of the universe so people can enjoy all the nice backgrounds, the different music, different races and stations by flying past em quickly. See if you cant wiz around the whole x map within ur allotted time. Maybe if going too quick u can take time to do other requested things. No jump drive tho.

What do you think?
I like this plan... It shall be considered!
(Formerly SonOfToastie)
-- Nil actum reputans, si quid superesset agendum. --

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 18:35

Streaming Idea: Take the Unholy Traitor start and try to escape from Split space.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 23:17

DID START!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Fri, 9. Mar 18, 04:51

Skeeter wrote:A cool challange idea i think could be to mod a ship so its speed is ludocrusly fast, something u can see in front of you a little bit. Make it so it can cross a sector in about 1 minute without seta on. And take the fans on a tour of the universe so people can enjoy all the nice backgrounds, the different music, different races and stations by flying past em quickly. See if you cant wiz around the whole x map within ur allotted time. Maybe if going too quick u can take time to do other requested things. No jump drive tho.

What do you think?
this sounds like subnautica's creative mode :D
i'll be looking forward to see the next stream.

On a side note, i personally think an event driven menu's are much better over object-based. I'd hate to see people struggle like for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDVwk7rNg50

Unbekanntes Feindschiff
x4

Post by Unbekanntes Feindschiff » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 17:21

Idea for a stream could be to start with the "Lost Lar" start and fulfil the miniplot (safely make it to Boron space)
HGN

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 11. Mar 18, 03:11

Starting with a Kestrel, how far can you go in the ship hierarchy, could you finish with an M1?
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Return to “X4: Foundations”