Android and iOS app?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ExtraTitanian
xr

Post by ExtraTitanian » Sat, 3. Feb 18, 05:42

If I remember right, after launching X3AP from the plugin manager, it didn't close once and I got a prompt in game asking to make sure (the plugin manager specifically) closed. Mayhaps there is a way? Today, I was just wishing I had a way of tracking trade amounts without having to Alt-Tab between game and a spreadsheet program. Having the ability to output information like financials or cargo content out of the game somehow would be awesome.

LittleBird

Post by LittleBird » Sat, 24. Mar 18, 22:30

I really don't care.
Hey! Even that is an opinion.

But I have no smart phone.
So if there is no extra content for smart phone user I really don't care.
Ich bin für die Einführung von Ironie- und Sarkasmustags.
Alle Klarheiten beseitigt!

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Sun, 25. Mar 18, 10:33

Vandragorax wrote:Haha, well a few years later, EVE came out so I guess anyone looking for that went there and found out how utterly horrible a persistent universe full of "humans" really is. Ganking and scamming abound in an online simulation that doesn't uphold the same laws as the real world... it's just asking for trouble :P
Totally agree!

I did some tries to Star Citizen and it's the same...
Universe seem too small for humans :lol:

Edit :

For the subject f OP :

At some point, a kind of telemetry should be interesting like budget, ships stats, universe map.......
In project cars 2, it's possible to have shared memory access the datas you want to monitor. It's only for monitoring but should be enough for me. The app's would do monitoring only.
But for that, Ego needs to develop a shared memory with mapping of datas to be used by outside apps and I don't think it's in their papers for X4...
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

sakuramboo
x4

Post by sakuramboo » Mon, 30. Apr 18, 20:37

I have wanted an Android app for X since X3:R. But, not in the manner you described. I was wanting a companion app. Something like the computer in X-R but on my tablet. Something so I can lookup stuff from the encyclopedia, look up maps, set navigation paths, monitor the ship status, build status of factories, monitor stocks, etc. all from the tablet without having to use the in-game menus.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Wed, 2. May 18, 21:57

sakuramboo wrote:I have wanted an Android app for X since X3:R. But, not in the manner you described. I was wanting a companion app. Something like the computer in X-R but on my tablet. Something so I can lookup stuff from the encyclopedia, look up maps, set navigation paths, monitor the ship status, build status of factories, monitor stocks, etc. all from the tablet without having to use the in-game menus.
I understand how that would be cool and helpfull... but as I said, even a simple shared memory to monitor doesn't seem to be in their minds...

Or may be a surprise???

If any Ego's Dev wants to tell us if Something of near that kind has been evoqued or even thougt?
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Silla
xr

Post by Silla » Thu, 3. May 18, 01:31

People these days really don’t care how much energy they waste. If it wouldn’t be enough now we have to be connected to our game running on the home pc even if we do not play.

Return to “X4: Foundations”