Has anybody noticed a glaring omission. The Split

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 13:04

So now we're not talking about lack of presence of a single race but lack two races. Well... :// I was really hoping so see at least one of the most recognizable races of the X Universe you either love or hate.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 13:28

Sorkvild wrote:So now we're not talking about lack of presence of a single race but lack two races. Well... :// I was really hoping so see at least one of the most recognizable races of the X Universe you either love or hate.
Maybe 3? we have no idea for any Terran faction. So, i guess we won't have any terran station / ships.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 13:36

Général Grievous wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:So now we're not talking about lack of presence of a single race but lack two races. Well... :// I was really hoping so see at least one of the most recognizable races of the X Universe you either love or hate.
Maybe 3? we have no idea for any Terran faction. So, i guess we won't have any terran station / ships.
Yes no Terrans, but only if you take X4 as direct continuation of X3 (which is not)...
Analysis of shown materials make me say - we're dealing with a product based more on XR than X3, both story wise and tech wise.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 15:28

I Really wasnt expecting that answer :cry: Well that makes the endgame/dynamic universe quite a lot less interesting (I like the Paranid and Teladi and dont really feel like trying to destroy them).
Sorkvild wrote:I was really hoping so see at least one of the most recognizable races of the X Universe you either love or hate.
This is why the Boron and Split are so important, people seem to either love them or hate them, that is a sign of good design. I'de argue they are both the most important races of all for players because of this reason.

Lets see how many 'enemy' races we get. I fully expect Xenon, but we're yet to see if we get Kha'ak.
I was also wondering the other day if the Goner are going to make a return.

Xan0010
x4

Post by Xan0010 » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 17:25

Axeface wrote:I Really wasnt expecting that answer :cry: Well that makes the endgame/dynamic universe quite a lot less interesting (I like the Paranid and Teladi and dont really feel like trying to destroy them).
Sorkvild wrote:I was really hoping so see at least one of the most recognizable races of the X Universe you either love or hate.
This is why the Boron and Split are so important, people seem to either love them or hate them, that is a sign of good design. I'de argue they are both the most important races of all for players because of this reason.

Lets see how many 'enemy' races we get. I fully expect Xenon, but we're yet to see if we get Kha'ak.
I was also wondering the other day if the Goner are going to make a return.
Xenon ships ? Yes ! Flyable ? Who knows ?

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 17:26

Not enough time ? When is X4 coming out than ?

I just hope they dont do each race DLC for 10$ (Terrans,Split,Boran) lol.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 17:31

I was hoping that time wouldn't be too much of a factor this time and they could release upon reaching a desirable stage of development. Hearing that even main factions aren't included duo to time related reasons makes me a bit sad. Rather push it for another year and do it right.

Please? <3

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 17:33

Time is a factor but budget is higher on the list, I'm sure if they had more funds it would extend Dev time to do more. Fact of life unfortunately.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 17:37

They didn't earn bad with Rebith i imagine. Rebirth seemed to have alot more international attention + steam + a ton of preorders. By the time ppl started to get mad about the state of the game alot money must've been made already. :^)

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 18:50

XR with all DLCs only has 3 fully developed (functioning) factions and all were Argon and 2 of them were identical in ship and station design.

- The split had 1 cheese wedge of a station, 1 weak destroyer and 1-2 fighters
- The Teladi had a few but not as detailed as the Argon's
- The Canterans had like 4 station variants but atleast unique ships
- Terracorp was a copy paste of Albion with a different layout
- Kha'ak and Xenon had their usual token stations and their ships
- All pirates flew the same ships.
- Albion and Omicron were the only 2 fully unique entities.

Honestly if we get 3 fully functioning races (Argon, Teladi, Paranid) with unique systems/wares then we would get more than XR with all it's DLCs combined.

I don't really mind. Since XR's production/ware system is already a lot more complicated than the previous titles. I can barely recognize the OL stations and ships from their name and what they do after quite a lot of playtime. So 3 for me would be plenty to play around with.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 02:48

csaba wrote:Honestly if we get 3 fully functioning races (Argon, Teladi, Paranid) with unique systems/wares then we would get more than XR with all it's DLCs combined.

I don't really mind. Since XR's production/ware system is already a lot more complicated than the previous titles. I can barely recognize the OL stations and ships from their name and what they do after quite a lot of playtime. So 3 for me would be plenty to play around with.
Fair point.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 15:27

I think it would be better idea for them to have single big DLC (similar to AP or even TC) for 30$ than small DLC like what they did with XR. All though it cant be helped with Boran and Split now I'm just sad about ships. Stations pretty much build same wares so I don't personally care if they have Split designs.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 16:22

Not paying 30 for just 2 races, maybe 14.99 but that's 2 races and missions for em.
[ external image ]

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 17:22

Yeah, the Split need some serious love.
Apart from a Split Viper Destroyer, 2 fighter classes in Maelstrom and TWO NPC clothes, they are beyond bare bones, I hope X4 changes all that, gives them a ton of new faces, female Split, ships and station modules.
Plus differences in appearance and culture to show the many different Split Clans.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 17:50

Early access to avoid terrible launch state and for developing the base game with the suggestions of the community

Patches to fix bugs and issues with the game

Major patches to bring new features and improvements

MANY DLC s to expand the universe, more variety: more races more game starts, more ships more stations and new solar systems

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 17:53

Skeeter wrote:Not paying 30 for just 2 races, maybe 14.99 but that's 2 races and missions for em.
I was thinking more like X3R and TC. It is almost same game but with also new content and brings much more to the table. If they bring in Boron,Terrans,Split new plot & ships/stations than I wouldn't mind. But if they do same what they did with XR DLC I wouldn't even bother getting them. The only thing that concerns me in X4 so far is AI. We still haven't seen any combat (up close) and we haven't seen how player ships and enemy AI behave in combat.
Last edited by Nikola515 on Thu, 21. Dec 17, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 18:06

If they add all that then fair enough 30 might be ok.

Ai can be tricky, depends on the person doing it and engine ability and how ships are setup etc. I'm not sure but I think AI is one of the later things to be done in development as u gotta fill the game with assets first then audio and this and that then get stuff working basically then refine it then blah blah. Ai can be as basic or as complex as can be, we just have to see really. Maybe they will stream a let's play session of first 30 mins or a game start and it will show combat near time of release in a stream party of sorts.

Maybe a dedicated AI topic can be made and ask Dev questions, they maybe able to answer but then again maybe not, u never know.
[ external image ]

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 23:19

Nikola515 wrote:
Skeeter wrote:Not paying 30 for just 2 races, maybe 14.99 but that's 2 races and missions for em.
I was thinking more like X3R and TC. It is almost same game but with also new content and brings much more to the table. If they bring in Boron,Terrans,Split new plot & ships/stations than I wouldn't mind. But if they do same what they did with XR DLC I wouldn't even bother getting them. The only thing that concerns me in X4 so far is AI. We still haven't seen any combat (up close) and we haven't seen how player ships and enemy AI behave in combat.

The Ai worries me so far, watched the latest Q&A Video and I noticed some fighters? Bouncing off others in Rebirth fashion, plus the landing animations of ships were not present, their landing legs had no suspension on them; was like watching a child land a toy spaceship on a coffee table, I hope this is because it's in alpha, that they will add these animations in later?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 23:40

spankahontis wrote:
Nikola515 wrote:

The Ai worries me so far, watched the latest Q&A Video and I noticed some fighters? Bouncing off others in Rebirth fashion, plus the landing animations of ships were not present, their landing legs had no suspension on them; was like watching a child land a toy spaceship on a coffee table, I hope this is because it's in alpha, that they will add these animations in later?
The ship's flight AI is probably ported mostly from the latest XR build, which is quite good in my opinion, ramming stations happens but it came a long way since it's release.

I'm pretty sure they will add the landing animations. The reason why the ships sunk into the ground for a second was in fact an indicator of that. The ship already "bounces" just the landing gears don't have the joints installed and animated yet.

It's not a priority, I'd be happy with Space Engineers style static landing as well if the game runs otherwise properly and the time was needed for other more important areas.

daniel001
x4

Post by daniel001 » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 18:16

linolafett wrote:Just not enough manpower to create them in time, sorry.
Personally i think getting those in at a later stage after we finished the base game is maybe (!) possible. (doesnt mean that this is going to happen, it is just my opinion)
I would love to add the missing races with all their ships and staions/economies into the game. boron love.

EDIT:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Split and Boron missing would be utter crap.
This is a REAL bummer.

Taking out the most "different" races = horrible design choice.

Return to “X4: Foundations”