HI Will my pc play X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 00:47

Not sure why ur 680 had issues. Myself i didnt play xr long enough to have a empire like others, i stopped after i got my butt handed to me protecting a convoy shortly after the build ur first station mission. What was ur cpu and was it overclocked like mine? Did you use nvidia things like adaptive vsync or use nvidia inspector to tweak more things etc? Did you use a ssd for ur computer? Many things might have made the difference between me and you.

I also wonder how they test long term games, do they cheat and make loads of large complexes around the universe to simulate a endgame enviroment do they setup a few hundread or thousand ships each with given commands like traders or fleet support. As testers wont have the time to generate late game enviroments imo without cheats. Might be a idea for egosoft to maybe ask for players save games of players of very long games to see how the universe can expand and fill and see if theres optimization tricks they can do during those times.

I know what u mean tho about games feeling sluggish after time and ur checking if ur cpu and gpu is being utilized 100% which some dont for some reason, it can get annoying if u have a uber rig with say a titan x and ur gpu is just been used 50% and ur struggling with performance ingame and u know its ur gfx cos if u lower the settings it might help but with a titan x u should be maxed with no performance issues.

One thing that could help there tho, in nvidia panel theres a setting based on power usage, with some games i have to use max perf mode and not the default as that then seems to force the game to use more of the gpu and the game improves and ur usage percent raises. Uses more electric etc i think but worth it if game has trouble utilizing ur full gpu potential.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 14:16

my old 570TI ran XR just fine on 1080P with most of the settings set to medium/high. So I would assume a 670/680 should do fine.

Haven't had ANY issues with my new rig (i7-7700k and 1080TI).

Vulkan will probably not solve any slow downs related to universe simulation though.

How long-term are these game plays scoob? Are you talking about 100 hours or 1000 hours before slow downs happen?
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

AC_Black
x4

Re: HI Will my pc play X4

Post by AC_Black » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 06:04

I know that after 300+ hrs of game play in XR, I start to get a little overheat on my CPU, while in my home base sector. This would be about 40 ships (30 of those are mine) and 4 finished stations. To keep things moving to 400+ hrs, I have now got 2 station per sector, 10 stations MAX in game with all stations finished. 2 ships per station 1 guarding, 1 shopping. Then 4 miners with 15 drones each, 2 max in any sector. Anything over that and the CPU starts to get overworked on #s 1 and 2 core with heat rising.

17 4770K @ 3.5 water cooled 1070 GTX 32gb ram SSD running os Settings at max with 1920x1080 60FPS steady

I run 4 mods with XR none are for graphics.

So heres hoping that I can run X4 with no major problems.
Honor is the Only thing to Hold True.

Value comes from the Space you have and what you make of what Space you got.

H.I.E.R.
Honesty, Integrity, Equanimity and Respect.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 08:01

You've also acquired some necroposting powers along the way somewhere :D

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 09:13

I don't know why this was resurrected, but now that sys reqs are out, I sure hope OP got a new computer...
***modified***

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 09:15

Indeed. With an active thread on system requirements, there is no need to resurrect year-old questions on the same topic. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”