GOG release?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 09:04

Since discussion of copy protection invariably ends up with someone incriminating themselves, I suggest you return to the actual topic of this thread, which is release platforms.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 09:48

a connect event for all the x parts would be nice
especially when releasing x4 on gog
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 14:31

I prefer GOG as well, don't even have a Steam account anymore. Let's hope for the best.

It's clearly more profitable for Egosoft as well when I buy the game on release for 50$ instead of the complete edition at a GOG sale years later for only for 20$

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 14:47

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:a connect event for all the x parts would be nice
especially when releasing x4 on gog
As has been explained a few times, we have no control over this. We only get to do it when GOG offer the opportunity, and for reasons that should be pretty obvious they are unlikely to do it at initial release for any given game on their platform.

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 14:01

Seeing zero response here and watching the VR released on other platforms, I realise now that X4 coming to GoG is simply a pipe dream. Much like the last time with Rebirth, think I'll detach myself from Egosoft and their releases for a few more years. Unlike last time, if it finally gets released on GoG then not sure if I'll purchase a couple copies of the game to show my support. Still can't play Rebirth without bugs killing it for me.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 15:14

The OP's question was answered within 2 minutes, so suggesting that there has been "zero response" is more than a little disingenuous. When we have something to say on the subject of release platforms we will say it, but we are not going to make announcements about decisions that have not yet been made just because somebody threatens not to buy the game if we don't!

Return to “X4: Foundations”