Completing Inactive missions

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

redstamp

Completing Inactive missions

Post by redstamp » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 17:03

If I do something that fulfills the next step in a mission which is Inactive, does it complete anyway?

The reason I ask is I am running about 5 concurrently and want to focus on one personally whilst I set off NPCs to do the other tasks in different Guild missions, but don't want to manage making the right one active at the right time for deliveries etc.

Thanks.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Completing Inactive missions

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 17:10

redstamp wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 17:03
If I do something that fulfills the next step in a mission which is Inactive, does it complete anyway?
Yes.

redstamp

Post by redstamp » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 17:15

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 17:10
redstamp wrote:
Yes.
Perfect - thanks!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 17:59

redstamp wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 17:15
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 17:10
redstamp wrote:
Yes.
Perfect - thanks!
I'm not so sure about that. It might depend on the mission chain. I've had cases where it seemed like the order does indeed matter, where I tried to fulfill mission objectives which were further down the chain, and don't get credit because it was not time for me to do that part of the mission yet.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 21:37

I think Redstamp is talking about having multiple quests on at once. Like, if you are delivering a Teladi freighter to some location while also being on patrol in a completely different location. You can set the freighter to go to the right location and forget about it, the quest will complete itself.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

redstamp

Post by redstamp » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 08:11

Zloth2 wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 21:37
I think Redstamp is talking about having multiple quests on at once. Like, if you are delivering a Teladi freighter to some location while also being on patrol in a completely different location. You can set the freighter to go to the right location and forget about it, the quest will complete itself.
Thanks - yeah, was on about both situations, so understood - can complete next step in multiple missions at once for a non-active mission is fine but don't try and complete steps further down the chain which aren't 'next' as it were. Apart from obvious ones presumably, like collecting Blueprints or doing stuff that is 'permanent'.

Return to “X4: Foundations”