feedback pilot , stars and else

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Halpog
x4

feedback pilot , stars and else

Post by Halpog » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 20:30

hi all

ok so i played this beta for more than 500 hours so far, made multiple gamestarts, all different in areas, setups and everything else.

what is realy getting on my nerves and honestly is Pis**** me off a lot is the stars system.

first, why basic features for a subordinate, a pilot, or manager has to be blocked and hidden behind a star rating system ?
for features that are more complex ok i could understand this.but the most common basic features ?
why , for example, if we order a M frighter, we get a pilot with less than 1 star , while we get a 1 star pilot for an L freighter ?
it is an absolutly annoing thing to see in the beta of patch 6, and 4 DLCs, that this system did not got any rework, or tuning after all. it gets completly ignored since the beginning.
this ranking system is limiting, blocking, the acces to features, a propper gameplay, and is absolutly a waste of effort in game.
espacaly since a 6 star pilot dies like a non star pilot.there is no benefit having a 6 star pilot compared to a nonstar one...
there shipo gets destroyed and what ? no pilot bailes out, no pilot will survive.
the ffort to level up a pilot till a 6 star ranking is compared to the features hidden behind it not worth it after all.

a ranking for fighters for example, there pilots i could understand. if they would have the propper benefits for it.
it also would make sense to have a pilot with 6 stars killing more than 3 or 4 enemys with his ship untill he flees as a non star pilot.. while a non star one considered a target dummy...
but so far the fact that this ranking system is blocking acces to game features, like automining in a sektor. repeat orders and so on.. limit the range a trader or miner can work , is more than just a facepalm to us palyers

sorry but after 500 hours an more in each beta, and more than 10k playing hours in this game i can freely say sorry, but this feature with the ranking and there stars is BS

for the rest in this game well.. thee is no game on the market i prefer to spend time in as this game. so keep up the great work

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: feedback pilot , stars and else

Post by CBJ » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 22:01

Nothing to do with the beta, so moved to the main forum.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 23:11

Halpog wrote:
Sat, 1. Apr 23, 20:30

espacaly since a 6 star pilot dies like a non star pilot.there is no benefit having a 6 star pilot compared to a nonstar one...
there shipo gets destroyed and what ? no pilot bailes out, no pilot will survive.
But just because he's a 6 star that don't make him immune from dying just like 1 star, why should it?

However a random eject or bail system that may or not work would be nice. Perhaps a higher starred pilot would be more likely to survive ship's destruction since he's know the system better than a noob pilot.

Other than that he should die as easily as anyone else.

Also I prefer a system that does not give too much stats details on an NPC person since we simply don't realistically have access to that kind of info. There's always a certain amount of ambiguity, even from the best of the best. I particularly dislike games which gives exact numbers on what an NPC can or can't do. Sure have it under the sheets, but I don't need to know it cos it makes an NPC feel less 'humanoid, unless it's a khakk which I understand are AI.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 23:30

I wish we would have bail/escape pod system for NPC, just like player has bail after his ship desctruction.

This could actually trigger cool battles where you have to launch a rescue mission for your elite pilots/captains.

Ohh and capturing enemy pilots would actually make ship brig room useful.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 01:41

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 1. Apr 23, 23:30
I wish we would have bail/escape pod system for NPC, just like player has bail after his ship desctruction.

This could actually trigger cool battles where you have to launch a rescue mission for your elite pilots/captains.

Ohh and capturing enemy pilots would actually make ship brig room useful.
Yep, I agree with all that. Rescue missions that result from this are always good since it makes you (the player) especially keen to get your lost guy back. I really suggest this should be petitioned to the Devs as an actual gameplay mission.

I'll petition them myself, but the more of us do it the better.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 05:02

Socratatus wrote:
Sat, 1. Apr 23, 23:11
Halpog wrote:
Sat, 1. Apr 23, 20:30

But just because he's a 6 star that don't make him immune from dying just like 1 star, why should it?

However a random eject or bail system that may or not work would be nice. Perhaps a higher starred pilot would be more likely to survive ship's destruction since he's know the system better than a noob pilot.

Other than that he should die as easily as anyone else.

Also I prefer a system that does not give too much stats details on an NPC person since we simply don't realistically have access to that kind of info. There's always a certain amount of ambiguity, even from the best of the best. I particularly dislike games which gives exact numbers on what an NPC can or can't do. Sure have it under the sheets, but I don't need to know it cos it makes an NPC feel less 'humanoid, unless it's a khakk which I understand are AI.
he should not be immune ofc not.. but bail and survive....via escape pot for example

Return to “X4: Foundations”