How to dismantle individual Shield Mod?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

How to dismantle individual Shield Mod?

Post by Scoob » Wed, 7. Dec 22, 22:28

Hey all,

I forced a ship to bail that has multiple mods on it. It has three modified main guns on it - each of which I could dismantle separately - but I want to keep these. However, where I'm currently stuck are with its shield mods. It has two M-Class Shield slots. One has an ARG Mk2 Shield I'd like to keep, the other is a PAR Mk1 Shield I don't want to keep. Unlike with the Weapon Mods, there's no individual entry for each Shield, rather one covering them all - I assume because even though the shields are different, the mod is the same.

So, how can I dismantle *just* the PAR Mk1 shield's Mod? The UI is not allowing this. I cannot remove this shield in the usual way of course, as it's modified.

Should each shield be listed separately? Is this a bug or just how things work? I've not really played with mods myself - despite thousands of hours played - but I do keep ships I capture with them.

Baddieus
x4

Re: How to dismantle individual Shield Mod?

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 7. Dec 22, 22:53

Take it to a shipyard or warf and go to the construction terminal in the ship dealership.
Locate the part with the mod installed & you'll see the dismantle button for each mod when selected.
*Note* you are converting it into pieces and will have to re-roll the status when installed elsewhere.

-Baddieus=

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 8. Dec 22, 02:05

That's exactly what I've done. However, unlike with the Weapons - which are all listed individually - there is only ONE entry for the shields, despite there being two of them that are modified. I literally just get ONE shield entry, where I assume there should be two - for the two modified shields fitted to the ship.

Basically, the ship has TWO modified shields, but there's only ONE entry under shields - I don't know which one it will dismantle. I could just try it and see of course, but that's not the point. Sounds like it's a bug though, based on how you say it should work.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Thu, 8. Dec 22, 03:00

Save 1st, then dismantle ... you can always re-load if you didn't get the desired result.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 8. Dec 22, 07:20

Shields work in a group. What you want cannot be done, it's either dismantle the mods for both or none.
Btw, you only need one mod to mod a group, it doesn't track individual shields for modding.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 8. Dec 22, 08:40

Raptor34 is correct. Shields are grouped and the mod is applied to the group, not to the individual shield. The same applies to mods applied to turret groups on larger ships.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 11. Dec 22, 00:41

Baddieus wrote:
Thu, 8. Dec 22, 03:00
Save 1st, then dismantle ... you can always re-load if you didn't get the desired result.
Reload times are sufficiently painful to deter me from doing this!

Return to “X4: Foundations”