Frigates with S-Fighters docking @ Carriers

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duncaroos
x4

Frigates with S-Fighters docking @ Carriers

Post by Duncaroos » Fri, 12. Aug 22, 20:22

Do S-ships docked at M-sized frigates count towards a Carrier's S-ship internal capacity when the M-sized Frigate goes into that Carrier's Internal storage? I have a fully loaded Raptor with 121x S-ships in Gamma Group, and 29x M-Frigates both with 2x S-ships docked (1 on frigate's dock, the other in frigates's internal storage).

However, I noticed something weird when the frigates go into internal storage of the Carrier.

When in-sector, the S-ships appear to stay docked inside the carrier, however the S-ship on the frigate's dock gets sent ahead of the carrier in the map, but is not visible. Retrieving the Frigate from internal storage and the S-ships are still docked in the Frigate (OK). If I don't retrieve the Frigate, then teleport OOS then back in-sector, the S-ships from the Frigate are outside the Carrier flying around.

If I dock all the frigates out of sector, then come back in, again all the S-ships that were docked on the frigate's are flying outside the Carrier undocked.

I assume that these S-ships shouldn't count towards the Carrier's S-ship storage count, and something is not working as intended??? Anyone else notice this?

Some screenshots: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Frigates with S-Fighters docking @ Carriers

Post by Nanook » Fri, 12. Aug 22, 22:32

I ran some tests using an Odysseus E (with an internal capacity of 4 S-ships), a frigate, and a fifth S-ship.

First test: Docked the Frigate on the Ody. Docked an S-ship (no pilot) externally on the Frigate. Put the Frigate in internal docking on the Ody. Teleported to another sector and back to the Ody.
Result: While teleported away, the fifth S-ship appeared to be flying outside the Ody although it was still listed as docked on the internal Frigate. Teleported back and recalled the Frigate from internal docking. The fifth S-ship was still docked externally on it. But if I then assigned a pilot to the S-ship, it immediately takes off and lands on the nearest station, despite having no orders to do so.

However, here's where it gets really weird. Prior to teleporting away (after all ships were docked internally), I assigned a pilot to the fifth S-ship (docked externally on the internally docked frigate). I made sure that the orders queue was empty, with a default order of hold position. As soon as I assigned a pilot to the fifth ship, it instantly appeared above the Ody's M docking bay and flew to the nearest station and docked. All that occurred with absolutely no orders previously in the queue. When I checked on the errant S-ship, it had orders to 'Dock (critical)' and 'Dock and Land'. Somehow, it teleported from the Ody's internal docking bay directly into space and flew off.

Second test: Same ships, but with the fifth S-ship docked internally on the Frigate. Behaved normally, with and without pilot.

So, it seems if you want to have an S-ship docked externally on your Frigate when you send the Frigate to internal docking on a ship already with a full complement of its own S-ships, first remove the pilot of the S-ship, or else it will fly right through the capital ship's hull and head for the nearest empty station dock. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Duncaroos
x4

Re: Frigates with S-Fighters docking @ Carriers

Post by Duncaroos » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 00:22

Thanks for testing and confirming! I think too a 3rd scenario where you have both the S-ship on the dock and internally for the Frigate, removing the pilot on the ship on deck should resolve the issue. Doing that for 29 ships is rather annoying....but at least there's a workaround :) . I kept my cobras behind this round of protectyon gathering....hopefully this round I come back full of the stuff....I read in the past pre-5.10 that the generation of the ware stopped over time but hopefully not the case :)
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Return to “X4: Foundations”