Huge War going on

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
glenr1975
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun, 2. Dec 18, 11:21
x4

Huge War going on

Post by glenr1975 » Fri, 22. May 20, 12:42

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2104949420

Never seen Paranid and Argon go at it like this. My poor factory is in the middle of it haha

Y-llian
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue, 16. Jan 07, 22:46
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by Y-llian » Fri, 22. May 20, 12:48

Wow and kewl. Reminds me of earlier in my game when PAR, HOP, ANT, ARG and the Xenon were fighting it out in Holy Vision. This is one reason why I love this game - anything can happen in this dynamic, crazy universe!

Hope your station survives... ;) You may have to pick sides!! Haha

glenr1975
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun, 2. Dec 18, 11:21
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by glenr1975 » Fri, 22. May 20, 12:58

I think HOP may even push into Argon Prime :)

Y-llian
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue, 16. Jan 07, 22:46
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by Y-llian » Fri, 22. May 20, 13:17

glenr1975 wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 12:58
I think HOP may even push into Argon Prime :)
I hope the Argon admiralty do a better job in your game. Mine was caught snoozing on the other side of the system, early on in the game, when HOP destroyers and fighters flooded through the Second Contact gate... This is what I imagined... ;)

Coms officer: ‘Admiral! The Holy Order’s invading Argon Prime!’

Admiral: *groans* ‘I’m on my tea break lieutenant...’

Coms officer: ‘But Admiral, the Holy Order!’

Admiral: ‘Nothing interrupts an Argon’s tea break!’

Coms officer to officer next to him... ‘He’s not on the spacefuel again is he?’

Other officer: ‘That’s the “tea”...’

Ebany
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat, 6. Dec 03, 05:54
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by Ebany » Fri, 22. May 20, 14:00

Very nice, I do love the contested regions.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

KiwiNZ
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by KiwiNZ » Fri, 22. May 20, 14:49

Y-llian wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 13:17
glenr1975 wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 12:58
I think HOP may even push into Argon Prime :)
I hope the Argon admiralty do a better job in your game. Mine was caught snoozing on the other side of the system, early on in the game, when HOP destroyers and fighters flooded through the Second Contact gate... This is what I imagined... ;)

Coms officer: ‘Admiral! The Holy Order’s invading Argon Prime!’

Admiral: *groans* ‘I’m on my tea break lieutenant...’

Coms officer: ‘But Admiral, the Holy Order!’

Admiral: ‘Nothing interrupts an Argon’s tea break!’

Coms officer to officer next to him... ‘He’s not on the spacefuel again is he?’

Other officer: ‘That’s the “tea”...’
How very British :lol:

In my current game HOP also have a couple of DEFs in Argon Prime. They may even have eclipsed the Wharf because it was suddenly gone. Perhaps it was also a glitch as it happened relatively close to one of the Teladi Wharfs vanishing also.

Y-llian
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue, 16. Jan 07, 22:46
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by Y-llian » Fri, 22. May 20, 15:31

KiwiNZ wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 14:49

How very British :lol:

In my current game HOP also have a couple of DEFs in Argon Prime. They may even have eclipsed the Wharf because it was suddenly gone. Perhaps it was also a glitch as it happened relatively close to one of the Teladi Wharfs vanishing also.
Haha... Blackadder in space... aka Spacebladder. :D

I wish I had more time... It'd be fun to write something chronicling the successes, failures (and sometimes incompetence) of the Argon's Admiralty decisions in my game. A sort of, 'in today's news' type feature.

I wonder how the Argon citizens are coping with the "glitch" in your game? I see a scene, something involving the Admiralty blaming spaceflies for abducting citizens. ;)

KiwiNZ
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by KiwiNZ » Fri, 22. May 20, 15:44

Y-llian wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 15:31
I wish I had more time... It'd be fun to write something chronicling the successes, failures (and sometimes incompetence) of the Argon's Admiralty decisions in my game. A sort of, 'in today's news' type feature.
I did start that in the Rebirth times but it did wear out quickly and I got bored of my own jokes. :o :gruebel:
Y-llian wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 15:31
I wonder how the Argon citizens are coping with the "glitch" in your game? I see a scene, something involving the Admiralty blaming spaceflies for abducting citizens. ;)
Well, it's cold in Space, you know. Let's look again. :D

Frenchie2403
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue, 19. Feb 08, 20:18
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by Frenchie2403 » Sat, 23. May 20, 02:26

I wish the factions actually fought each other like that in my game. In mine, ANT has a big fleet, PAR has a few and HOP has a bunch. But they never fight eachother. It's a shame. The only faction that seems to make a half-attempt at doing something is the xenon.

Y-llian
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue, 16. Jan 07, 22:46
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by Y-llian » Sat, 23. May 20, 02:46

Frenchie2403 wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 02:26
I wish the factions actually fought each other like that in my game. In mine, ANT has a big fleet, PAR has a few and HOP has a bunch. But they never fight eachother. It's a shame. The only faction that seems to make a half-attempt at doing something is the xenon.
Intervene... Pick a side, ensure they can build ships on masse. Help them take space they contest if you can. Keep their economy going and things will happen... eventually... The HOP has an advantage as they start with a slightly bigger fleet. They’re good to support early on if you’re so inclined... There’s stories on the forum of them almost taking over like a plague of crusading locusts. :)

zakaluka
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat, 16. Nov 13, 20:47

Re: Huge War going on

Post by zakaluka » Sat, 23. May 20, 02:55

Y-llian wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 02:46
Frenchie2403 wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 02:26
I wish the factions actually fought each other like that in my game. In mine, ANT has a big fleet, PAR has a few and HOP has a bunch. But they never fight eachother. It's a shame. The only faction that seems to make a half-attempt at doing something is the xenon.
Intervene... Pick a side, ensure they can build ships on masse. Help them take space they contest if you can. Keep their economy going and things will happen... eventually... The HOP has an advantage as they start with a slightly bigger fleet. They’re good to support early on if you’re so inclined... There’s stories on the forum of them almost taking over like a plague of crusading locusts. :)
Yup if you want to push back HOP you need to bolster economies for ANT, ARG, and PAR. Just blacklist or set trade rules so that your traders & stations don't fill supply for HOP.
Now in 3.2 beta1 NPC stations are more pro-active about getting components to build their turrets, so it's a little easier to inflict some damage.

You may participate in the war if you like but it's optional. Really, just putting up factories that will only supply factions you want to support is enough.

User avatar
werewolves?
Posts: 1152
Joined: Tue, 31. Jan 12, 01:58
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by werewolves? » Sat, 23. May 20, 07:22

I’ve got the same thing going on, but ANT and ARG have finally mustered some fleets and stopped HOP, now slowly wiping out the HOP stations. They will push into True Sight soon.

Frenchie2403
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue, 19. Feb 08, 20:18
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by Frenchie2403 » Sat, 23. May 20, 12:05

Y-llian wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 02:46
Frenchie2403 wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 02:26
I wish the factions actually fought each other like that in my game. In mine, ANT has a big fleet, PAR has a few and HOP has a bunch. But they never fight eachother. It's a shame. The only faction that seems to make a half-attempt at doing something is the xenon.
Intervene... Pick a side, ensure they can build ships on masse. Help them take space they contest if you can. Keep their economy going and things will happen... eventually... The HOP has an advantage as they start with a slightly bigger fleet. They’re good to support early on if you’re so inclined... There’s stories on the forum of them almost taking over like a plague of crusading locusts. :)
I'm many days into the game yet, and all three of these factions have enough materials in their shipyards to build like 6 high preset destroyers. Do I have to sell them ships from my own shipyard to make things move along?

pref
Posts: 5069
Joined: Sat, 10. Nov 12, 18:55
x4

Re: Huge War going on

Post by pref » Sat, 23. May 20, 13:28

Frenchie2403 wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 12:05
Do I have to sell them ships from my own shipyard to make things move along?
That can have a dramatic effect on wars.
Also they like claytronics and hull parts. In case you prefer them building more stations too.

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations”