How do i disable the anti-drift stabilizers?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The3rdWings

How do i disable the anti-drift stabilizers?

Post by The3rdWings » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 00:50

I think i did it somehow before, but cant remember how...
how do i disable the braking\anti-drift stabilizers?
I want to keep my original flight direction during flips

tomchk
x4

Re: How do i disable the anti-drift stabilizers?

Post by tomchk » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 01:12

The3rdWings wrote:
Fri, 8. Nov 19, 00:50
I think i did it somehow before, but cant remember how...
how do i disable the braking\anti-drift stabilizers?
I want to keep my original flight direction during flips
It's called flight assist, I think. You want to turn it off. The control menu should give you a way to map it. I use a Steam controller and mapped it to a double click of a shoulder button--works great!

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 09:56

double click???? you can setup double clicks?
Fixed credits not being able to claim abandoned ships sometimes getting stuck when boarding operation sometimes getting some owner other than the player builds a station module or surface element.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 14:34

Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 8. Nov 19, 09:56
double click???? you can setup double clicks?
You can setup basically *anything* using the steam controller overlay. To clarify, I think I have a keyboard mapping in the game’s menu and then map to that via steam. My setup isn’t done, but perhaps I should share it if others are interested. I started with Hotas but find the steam controller most appropriate so far.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 15:33

:cry:

I have a Xbox controller, I knew it something will be wrong when I was choosing what to get

steams one look great too
Fixed credits not being able to claim abandoned ships sometimes getting stuck when boarding operation sometimes getting some owner other than the player builds a station module or surface element.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 16:16

I think you can use the steam overlay to map those, actually! Search online—I really think you can now. You don’t even need to own the steam copy of a game. As long as you launch it from steam and use a fairly known controller, I think the steam overlay lets you do a ton with remapping.

I do love the steam controller and use it for almost everything. I used to mess around with joystick mapping apps but now can control basically everything with this thing. Some would not like how I steer, though, and would prefer a right Xbox controller joystick for that. I use the steam controller trackpad. It’s a little weird but I’m liking it!

Fazmaster
x4

Post by Fazmaster » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 16:31

Ctrl + Space

Return to “X4: Foundations”