Who's Idea Was It To Give Our Station Xenon Mass Traffic?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MHDriver
x4

Who's Idea Was It To Give Our Station Xenon Mass Traffic?

Post by MHDriver » Fri, 24. May 19, 08:49

Brilliant! 2 of my stations have been destroyed by my own ships that were assigned to protect the stations. They went bug shit over Xenon mass traffic that appeared at the stations and blew the stations up trying to kill the mass traffic. Stellar programming! :evil:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Who's Idea Was It To Give Our Station Xenon Mass Traffic?

Post by CBJ » Fri, 24. May 19, 09:31

It wasn't an "idea", it was a mistake. It was also fixed (I believe it was in 2.20), so please check whether your game is up to date. If it's fully up to date then a savegame that demonstrates the problem would be much appreciated, so that we can fix whatever additional case you have encountered.

Crux_72
x4

Post by Crux_72 » Fri, 24. May 19, 15:54

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 09:31
It wasn't an "idea", it was a mistake. It was also fixed (I believe it was in 2.20), so please check whether your game is up to date. If it's fully up to date then a savegame that demonstrates the problem would be much appreciated, so that we can fix whatever additional case you have encountered.
Or how about a simple 'sorry' to the frustrated customer that such a mistake even made it into a 'finished' product?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 24. May 19, 16:01

Crux_72 wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 15:54
CBJ wrote:
Or how about a simple 'sorry' to the frustrated customer that such a mistake even made it into a 'finished' product?
Their simple "sorry" is the patches they produce to fix issues like this. Patches which they are rolling out at a rapid pace whenever they identify bugs. They obviously are working very, very hard. Do you want the game to succeed long term? If so, I would suggest that instead of turning other potential players away from the game with comments like this, that when you find issues, make detailed bug reports in the feedback forum so that Egosoft is made aware and can fix them in a timely manner.

Crux_72
x4

Post by Crux_72 » Fri, 24. May 19, 16:16

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 16:01
Crux_72 wrote:
CBJ wrote:
Their simple "sorry" is the patches they produce to fix issues like this. Patches which they are rolling out at a rapid pace whenever they identify bugs. They obviously are working very, very hard. Do you want the game to succeed long term? If so, I would suggest that instead of turning other potential players away from the game with comments like this, that when you find issues, make detailed bug reports in the feedback forum so that Egosoft is made aware and can fix them in a timely manner.
As if my comment would still influence anybody in forming his opinion - it's enough to look at the comments on Steam to see that you can let the game rest until at least 2.5, possibly 3.0 if you aren't in yet. And no matter how hard they work to get the game into an adequate 'finished' state, a recognition of frustration would be appropriate. The game is called version 2.21 and you honestly think it's okay that the OP can't play its savegame anymore until the 'mistake' is fixed? Unbelievable...

Solflame
x4

Post by Solflame » Fri, 24. May 19, 16:31

Crux_72, are you trying to help? You aren't. You're derailing the topic. Hell, if you actually read what CBJ said, the bug was supposed to already have been fixed. If it hasn't, he's trying to help the OP by getting it fixed as soon as possible. That's the only thing he can do at this point. If you wanna bitch about the state of the game, or demand an apology because it's obvious you're the one who wants one, make your own damn thread and stop derailing this one.

Lemme go ahead and get this back on track for OP:

1. What version are you running?
2. If the version is the most current and not an older version, please provide a save file. You can find this in "Documents > Egosoft > ####### > save", where you should see all your autosaves and regular saves.

Crux_72
x4

Post by Crux_72 » Fri, 24. May 19, 16:54

Solflame wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 16:31
Crux_72, are you trying to help? You aren't. You're derailing the topic. Hell, if you actually read what CBJ said, the bug was supposed to already have been fixed. If it hasn't, he's trying to help the OP by getting it fixed as soon as possible. That's the only thing he can do at this point. If you wanna bitch about the state of the game, or demand an apology because it's obvious you're the one who wants one, make your own damn thread and stop derailing this one.

2. If the version is the most current and not an older version, please provide a save file. You can find this in "Documents > Egosoft > ####### > save", where you should see all your autosaves and regular saves.
I help often and with pleasure - here and on Steam - I already do since X-Btf and did I with pleasure even in the XR forum. But this is about something else; I think that not responding to people's frustration is a hundred times more harmful than the worst of all Steam comments. So, yes, I WANT to help by pointing out that it is slowly but surely enough to always have the same kind of answers to frustration topics. But obviously people like you are not familiar with such a view.

Nevermind.

By the way, I don't need any apologize, I've been playing X4 since 'release' and can handle it quite well, having a lot of fun actually. But it's because I'm taking it very slowly (I don't have a station yet) because I give EGOSOFT the time to get to grips with just such things.

Only MY opinion.

Cheers.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Sat, 25. May 19, 16:53

The developers/moderators for the most part are not native English speakers, and i doubt they are trained in professional customer service and etiquette which is why you get forward honest replies to your posts rather than apologetic stories of how the they're fixing everything overnight.

They don't have millions to spend on PR and CSRs like EA.

nickolaiproblem
x4

Post by nickolaiproblem » Sat, 25. May 19, 18:18

Crux_72 wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 16:54
Solflame wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 16:31

I help often and with pleasure - here and on Steam - I already do since X-Btf and did I with pleasure even in the XR forum. But this is about something else; I think that not responding to people's frustration is a hundred times more harmful than the worst of all Steam comments. So, yes, I WANT to help by pointing out that it is slowly but surely enough to always have the same kind of answers to frustration topics. But obviously people like you are not familiar with such a view.

Nevermind.

By the way, I don't need any apologize, I've been playing X4 since 'release' and can handle it quite well, having a lot of fun actually. But it's because I'm taking it very slowly (I don't have a station yet) because I give EGOSOFT the time to get to grips with just such things.

Only MY opinion.

Cheers.
Please keep it yourself next time and enjoy your game thanks everyone who doesn't want your whiny bs on their thread.

nickolaiproblem
x4

Post by nickolaiproblem » Sat, 25. May 19, 18:19

MHDriver wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 08:49
Brilliant! 2 of my stations have been destroyed by my own ships that were assigned to protect the stations. They went bug shit over Xenon mass traffic that appeared at the stations and blew the stations up trying to kill the mass traffic. Stellar programming! :evil:
What version do you have try updating to latest version of X4 or trying beta because that should already be patched out.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Sat, 25. May 19, 19:47

Crux_72 wrote:

You ask too much. No game company ever says "Sorry," these days.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 25. May 19, 20:06

CBJ wrote:
It was intended to be fixed then but for some reason the fix was reverted between the beta and release. Hence on current live (2.21) it is apparently still an issue. However it is fixed, as far as I can tell, in 2.50 B6 so should be fixed when that goes live in the future.
Crux_72 wrote:
Fri, 24. May 19, 16:16
The game is called version 2.21 and you honestly think it's okay that the OP can't play its savegame anymore until the 'mistake' is fixed? Unbelievable...
They just have to make sure they are not in sector until 2.50 is released which fixes this issue. In 2.50 friendly stations will correctly have friendly mass traffic around them and only Xenon stations will have Xenon drones.

Another work around is to purge a sector of all Xenon Defence Modules turning it neutral. One can then build one's own defence module and claim the sector. Once claimed the mass traffic will no longer be Xenon defence drones.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 25. May 19, 23:08

Crux_72 wrote:
CBJ wrote:
Seriously... :gruebel:

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Sat, 25. May 19, 23:22

Crux_72 wrote:
Why? We the customers are the ones asking for that. We eagerly buy the game knowing from the reviews and previous experience that the state Egosoft releases their games is usually buggy. I bought the collector's edition the very first day the beta for Linux was launched, many people with experience with former X games bought the game on day 1 with no intention of refunding. And to be frank it does not seem to be as buggy as X: Rebirth or X3 in their first months...
I, for one, like the experience of finding the bugs and contributing with bug reports to straighten up the game, although sometimes they frustrate me when they are a serious impediment to gameplay. But I haven't regretted one bit so far. It has been an awesome experience, bugs and all. And I will not say sorry to you or anyone else for consciously rewarding Egosoft for releasing the game on its 1.0 state.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 26. May 19, 04:11

I guess the bugs never bothered me because when I preordered, I fully expected the game would not launch in a perfect state, that it would have bugs. I was just happy to have the game, bugs and all. I figured (and still do) that in time, the majority of such bugs will be ironed out. I enjoyed previous Egosoft games, and wanted to support Egosoft in the continued development of a new game which is able to do more than the previous X engine was capable of.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 26. May 19, 05:20

CBJ wrote:
Ah, well my game version is 2.21 (341463) and the issue is currently occurring at my stations in Xeno sectors Faulty Logic 1 and Matrix 9. The instant you install a manager it starts up. With respect to a savegame since the stations were destroyed those sessions were restarted and since been saved over.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 26. May 19, 06:22

MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 26. May 19, 05:20
Ah, well my game version is 2.21 (341463) and the issue is currently occurring at my stations in Xeno sectors Faulty Logic 1 and Matrix 9. The instant you install a manager it starts up. With respect to a savegame since the stations were destroyed those sessions were restarted and since been saved over.
As I previously mentioned...
Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 20:06
It was intended to be fixed then but for some reason the fix was reverted between the beta and release. Hence on current live (2.21) it is apparently still an issue. However it is fixed, as far as I can tell, in 2.50 B6 so should be fixed when that goes live in the future.
It is a well known issue. The fix was meant to go live in a previous patch but was reverted during a beta, likely due to some technical issue that could not be resolved in time. It is currently fixed in 2.50 B6 and should be fixed when 2.50 goes live.

nickolaiproblem
x4

Post by nickolaiproblem » Sun, 26. May 19, 12:09

Socratatus wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 19:47
Crux_72 wrote:

He quite literally does ask way too much.

Crux_72
x4

Post by Crux_72 » Sun, 26. May 19, 13:33

nickolaiproblem wrote:
Sun, 26. May 19, 12:09
Socratatus wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 19:47
Crux_72 wrote:

He quite literally does ask way too much.
That we stopped asking for something like a 'sorry' is exactly why we are where we are today; games that are released month before a stable, finished state are sold for a lot of money as 'finished' and it's up to the fans to help out with so-called 'open betas' for patches that shouldn't exist on this scale.

Maybe it's my age - but it hurts my soul when I see a series that I love so much being torn to pieces and some ones still pretend that everything is okay because it's in keeping with the 'spirit of the times'.

You can ridicule me here as often as you want because of my opinion, I stand by it. I experienced a time when you could rely on the fact that 'finished' also meant 'finished'. That I do not correspond with my opinion any more to the spirit of the time you made clear to me here (once again) and it's okay, I understood it.

It's true; I didn't contribute anything meaningful to the actual topic and this wasn't correct. But meanwhile everything has been said about what could be said; the bug will be fixed in the upcoming patch and to get around the bug you shouldn't be present in the sectors yourself.

EGOSOFT will know what they are doing. A pre-poster said I should enjoy my game and keep my mouth shut. That's exactly what I'm going to do now. Because in spite of everything I have a lot of fun in my 500 hours so far, even if the game isn't makin it easy for me. X4 has a huge potential and maybe it's really best to leave the field to those who can handle this kind of development and just concentrate on the game as it is. A big 'thank you' to those who have the patience to support the beta test besides a full-time job and hopefully make X4 the game we all want - I respect all of you.

I wish us all many good hours in the X universe - Sign me out.

Solflame
x4

Post by Solflame » Mon, 27. May 19, 20:18

Crux, I'd like to apologize to you. I was hostile when I responded, and that was wrong. I don't necessarily wholly disagree with your opinion: my only issue was the fact you were sharing it here when it wasn't helping (which you've agreed with now). You don't deserve the dogpile you've gotten, and I kinda started that.

To everyone else: Look, he's got it. The OP has had his question answered, the saves are lost and cannot be used to assist, and according to Imperial Good it's still in Live. (Imperial Good, if you could throw them a save showing that issue, that'd be nice).

Can we all agree to let this go for now? OP, if you need anything else, please post too, just in case I missed something.

Return to “X4: Foundations”