Game save not working

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fredted
x4

Game save not working

Post by fredted » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:48

so I have only clocked up a few hours so not a big issue at the moment,

when I do a game save using F5 or save game in options game says saving successful.
But when I try to re load the save or restart the game I get a message saying incompatible version see load game for more info so I click that and get game can not be loaded.all shaded out just above that in white writing it displays -0 cr 0d 00h 00m version 0.00 despite that I have played for 7 hours. I have tried file verification, deleted saves, uninstalled and reinstalled but still have the same issue? I have poked prodded and scratched my head on this now for 4 hours with no joy and have now ran out of coffee . any one got any ideas

game running on Steam Auto update on still happens with latest beta

sys spec

windows 10
amd R9 fury gpu ( updated drivers )
amd 8320 processor ( try not to laugh to much it will hurt it`s feelings ) @ 4.2
16gb corsair ram
asus sabertooth mobo
various ssd drives

game runs fine no crashes yet reasonable fps 45 to 60 occasional drop to low 20`s . Just can't reload a flipping game save so have to keep starting a new game after closing down game . all other X universe games load and run fine . :gruebel:
x4 foundations ( collectors edition )
x Rebirth (steam)
x3 reunion (steam)
TC Ver : 3.1.1 (steam)
albion prelude 2.5.2(steam)
Amd R9 fury 8gb
sabertooth r2
amd fx 8320
16gb corsair ram

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Game save not working

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 17:32

It sounds like something is interfering with the game's ability to save. Try excluding the savegame folder from any anti-virus, compression or encryption software you have running on your system.

fredted
x4

Re: Game save not working

Post by fredted » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 19:45

hello CBJ thank you very much for taking the time to reply , and I have found the solution It was as you suggested down to my anti virus that is powered by Bitdefender although I had added the game and the save files to the whitelist it was still blocking so I have turfed that off my system now and using a different A.V solution that will play nice with my game save . Time to actually play the game now instead of fighting with it :lol:
x4 foundations ( collectors edition )
x Rebirth (steam)
x3 reunion (steam)
TC Ver : 3.1.1 (steam)
albion prelude 2.5.2(steam)
Amd R9 fury 8gb
sabertooth r2
amd fx 8320
16gb corsair ram

Return to “X4: Foundations”