VR suddenly is not working anymore - Resolved by graphics driver reinstall.

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bruddel
x4

VR suddenly is not working anymore - Resolved by graphics driver reinstall.

Post by Bruddel » Thu, 3. Mar 22, 21:08

i just try to start X Rebirth VR Edition, and in the Headset for some reason there is just the steambackground visible, but not the game / starting menu.
Music playing, the desktop window is on the monitor but it does not switch over to the headset.

I reinstalled the game. Graficdriver is the latest Nvidia Studiodriver.
The headset i am using is the Index.
May somebody could point me in the right direction, where to look. It have worked really well before, i think only thing i changed was updating the Nvidia driver a while before ...

also i should mention that the game works still well on the desktop, but as said when i put the headset on it just dont switch over ...

So any tipps are welcome

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: VR suddenly is not working anymore

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Mar 22, 23:01

Well if it worked well with an older graphics driver, then you can always do a *clean* roll back of the driver and see if that returns all functionality. If it does, then either something in the new driver is incompatible with the game or your hardware/set-up, or your previous update of the driver was not clean, or possibly incomplete or corrupt.

If rolling back the driver to one that worked before does not help then do a clean reinstall of the latest driver and then have a think about what else might have changed in the meantime since it worked, such as system hardware/setting changes, BIOS, OS or AV updates, etc. Lastly if that doesn't throw any further light then there is the possibility of OS/software corruption or even hardware degradation or failure - let's hope not though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bruddel
x4

Re: VR suddenly is not working anymore

Post by Bruddel » Fri, 4. Mar 22, 11:01

thanks,
i did a reinstall of the nvidia Studio driver. and it solved that problem.
so thumbs up

While i dont understand what went wrong, cause all the other games and programs worked as expected, so it didnt come to my mind that the graficdriver could be an issue.

However i am happy now :-)

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”