Basic question from a beginner

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Malanar

Basic question from a beginner

Post by Malanar » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 23:39

Hello guys, had this game for so many time on my library so i decided to give it a try. Being fun so far.
Got some beginners questions, here they go:
1 - I got the X Rebirth VR, does it come with both DLC (Home of Light and Teladi Outpost)? O if i buy them they will work in VR?
2 - I activated some trade agents on stations using smaltalk minigame, how can i tell where are they?
3 - After you smaltalk to someone can you do it again later for more benefits?
4 - I bough some marines, where can i see how many i have and their lvl?
5 - I captures a small ship and put a pilot in it, then i lost it. Is there any feedback when that happened?
6 - Any easy way to see the hull of my fleet?
7 - There is any way to disable left mouse button to move my ship (change direction)? and the wheel to accelerate and deaccelerate? Im using a hotas here.
8 - On plataform, is there anyway to keep the mouse pointer on all the time. Everytime it disappears an i try to change direction or click on something there is a huge delay. I dont use my oculus touch controllers for the game.
9 - Didnt find many mods on steam for the VR edition. Is there another place to look at?
10 - When i approach one of those icons to land on a statio, it lists many NPCs, but i see only one or 2 after i landed. I think they are behind the doors, is that possible?. Anyway tokeep those doors opened?
I think thats a good start, any help?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Basic question from a beginner

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 19:02

X Rebirth VR is in its own cut-down galaxy that better suited the (then) typical user system VR capabilities and so does not get or use the standard game DLCs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bruddel
x4

Re: Basic question from a beginner

Post by Bruddel » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 17:11

late to this but here ...
To:
1:
the both DLC are included: However the galaxy is a cut down, so there are not all stations / NPCs around, like in the original Version.(like Alan mentioned)

The original Version can be restored, including the campain with mods.
2:
Didnt you talk to them ? so there they are .. . Or i didn´t fetch exactly what you mean
3:
I think that was possibly. The smalltalk are started from the NPC, just i never waited for that.
4:
that should be visible under the property / Albion / Details
5:
when your ship gets in trouble the radiocall you, it could be possible that it was to fast destroyed. However in logbook there should be an entry.
6:
The hull of a fleet ?, no. just the hull of the individuell ships
7 + 8
Cant help with that, using Gamepad, which works great with X
Well there is this forum, steam, like you mentioned, and Nexusmods.
Right, well with the open the door mod, you will regonise that behind the doors are no NPC´s. Its specially uncool, when you not find your quest NPC to proceed. (in my case it could be also a mod, which caused this issue)

:-)

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”