How I would like to change XRVR. Game mechanics still not working for me

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tijcker
x4

How I would like to change XRVR. Game mechanics still not working for me

Post by tijcker » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 13:24

I don’t know what it is about this game but I’ve been playing it for 4 years now and still can’t get to grips with amount of wares and everything coming to a halt. I just don’t see why I have to keep supplying the other faction’s stations as well as my own to keep everything running.
There’s like way to many factions and they have absolutely no reason to do any trading because they have no accounts or have no reason to expand. While I spend hours trying to supply their stations with goods, wait around for the product I want just so I can slowly build my empire.
I love the concept of the game, spending over 500 hours playing and still not able to get my head round the fact that each system is not self-surfactant and the game grinds to a halt.
If I could program, I would completely strip all of the systems and rebuild them because they just don’t make any sense to me. Maybe we could start the game with only 4-5 factions with a proper simulated bank account that they use to expand stations and buy ships just like the player. Maybe you could choose how many factions you would like to compete against when you start the game. This would mean that you could destroy the other faction and leave them penny less.
The factions would start the game with the stations they have now in XRVR and they would also have a load of stage 1-2 stations to fill in all the gaps that they could expand on. Say PMC had 3 or 4 stage 1 and 2 reinforced metal stations dotted around albion and all the other smaller stations they would need to produce these goods. When they feel the need to expand they can upgrade their stations or start building new ones.
Obviously there would be a certain amount of money in the universe and this could grind the game to a halt but then that would be another puzzle for the developers to sort out or the player if they want to play with a money limit.
I’ve tried x rebirth builder but this doesn’t add any other faction stations which is a real shame. I really need something like this builder for VR so I can build a universe that really works for me. It’s a real missed opportunity.

tijcker
x4

Post by tijcker » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 13:42

I just feel like it's a missed opportunity to see the other factions as players. You would see them expand and you would see them destroyed. And with that the universe would be ever changing, making it more interesting for the player and hopefully run smother as the AI would work out what it needs to expand on instead of the player.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”