[4.21 HF1] sometime center console popup screen won't respond to pointer

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bazza
x3tc

[4.21 HF1] sometime center console popup screen won't respond to pointer

Post by Bazza » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 15:47

I'm using a Vive with gesture controls. Sometimes the popup console screen (on your right) will not respond to the Vive wand pointer. I have to hit escape on the keyboard to cancel the screen then click some other options before trying the center console again. I am usually accessing the "property owned" option from the main menu but I don't think its exclusive to this option only.

I haven't been able to consistently replicate it unfortunately, but it can happen quite often in some sessions.

Latest Nv drivers.
i7 7700K GTX1080ti win 10 64bit 16gb ram.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 19:12

Think this was mentioned in another thread before, but i was not able to find it right now. Would like to push this issue again, since i got the same behaviour using oculus and touch, so its not vive specific.

Most of the time it helps just to close the menu and press 'boost' for a moment. After that i'm normally able to use the laserpointer input again. Just closing and opening the menu again often doesn't work.

As Bazza said, it seems not to be reproducible and not linked to special situations / menus. Sometimes it happens more often than other times. From what i felt it helps to save and reload to keep it away for a while, but this can also be just imagination.
Intel Core I9 9900k @ 5GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator @ 3.6GHz CL15
ASUS WS Z390 pro
ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti

Samsung C49RG9 49" 32:9 - 5120x1440
Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Setup

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 19:29

@ Boeng01: Is this the thread you mean?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 23:44

Well that thread is from 4.2 and fix 4.21 claims to have fixed "rare case where detail monitor would not respond" so this fix was either for something different or it still does not work. I read that thread and I am not sure if thats the same issue or not.

Either way, if there is a thread merge, can it at least reflect 4.21 as the problem in the title so that it doesn't just fall off the bottom of the forum because someone thinks it got fixed in 4.21?

personally, I think its a different issue..
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 18:06

Alan Phipps wrote:@ Boeng01: Is this the thread you mean?
Seems familiar to me, but i'm quite sure that it was mentioned in another thread also. Anyway, like Bazza said, the issue is still there. It's not that the sidescreen is completely unresponsible, since button and stick inputs of the touchcontrollers still work. It's just the 'Laserpointer' selection that's not working for me.
Intel Core I9 9900k @ 5GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator @ 3.6GHz CL15
ASUS WS Z390 pro
ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti

Samsung C49RG9 49" 32:9 - 5120x1440
Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Setup

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”