[4.21] Walking in stations: "new mission available from around stations..."

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AlsoIralith
x4

[4.21] Walking in stations: "new mission available from around stations..."

Post by AlsoIralith » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 05:51

About this bit from the 4.21 patch:
Added new mission available from around stations that allows you full station access (unlocking all station doors) for a limited time.
I confess I can't quite figure it out: how do I get this mission? I've been poking around near and inside stations, checking the bulletin board, talking to NPCs, and I haven't yet found it.

(I suspect I'm, like, the one person who actually misses being able to walk in stations: samey though they of course are, I find it neat. Sense of scale, I think.)[/quote]
His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white:
Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 06:20

I suspect I'm, like, the one person who actually misses being able to walk in stations
Nah, I enjoyed it too, a break from flying.

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 10:36

One thing I like about X Rebirth is that we're actually a person now instead of just "something" in a ship. I didn't mind walking around, it's the locker picking that I hated.

AlsoIralith
x4

Post by AlsoIralith » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 01:10

Sort of got this figured out: the icon to look for is an exclamation-point mission/trade indicator on the outside of the station. Not sure it's always there, but I suspect it is. Not always easy to find, though!
His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white:
Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 00:27

AlsoIralith wrote:Sort of got this figured out: the icon to look for is an exclamation-point mission/trade indicator on the outside of the station. Not sure it's always there, but I suspect it is. Not always easy to find, though!
Each module has one of these and despite clicking on loads of them now, I have yet to come across this new mission.

Can someone explain in more detail how this works?

EDIT: I take it no-one has a clue how this actually works then?
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 22. Sep 17, 08:48

Bazza wrote:
AlsoIralith wrote:Sort of got this figured out: the icon to look for is an exclamation-point mission/trade indicator on the outside of the station. Not sure it's always there, but I suspect it is. Not always easy to find, though!
Each module has one of these and despite clicking on loads of them now, I have yet to come across this new mission.

Can someone explain in more detail how this works?

EDIT: I take it no-one has a clue how this actually works then?
Each module has an Info Point that can be scanned by approaching to learn about the function of the module. That may be what you are referring to.

Missions have icons too, which look a bit different to Info Points. Here are some examples:

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... c+missions

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”