Game Crashes at Starting...DMP file suggest... Should now be fixed by update.

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grizzley78

Game Crashes at Starting...DMP file suggest... Should now be fixed by update.

Post by grizzley78 » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 04:08

Can't launch this game at all...when reviewing the dump file it states:

The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

I posting because on Oculus store developer mentioned reverting to an older version of nvidia...I had an older version to the one they recommended...Same error encountered with either.[/quote]

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 10:27

Did you try opting *out* of the Oculus beta "Public testing channel" in Oculus home?

Currently the Oculus 1.18 runtime is in beta, and it has API-breaking changes which will cause or game to crash. XR-VR 4.20 only works with the 1.17 Oculus runtime because of this.

Additionally with XR-VR 4.20 you need to have an NVidia 384.x driver or 385.28 - but NOT 385.41 (which also contains API-breaking changes, causing our game to crash).

Note that Oculus will probably release 1.18 soon and we'll be releasing a patch to match that update around the same time too.
We are really sorry for these crash-issues, but this is a cascade of problems outside of our control and we are working hard to resolve it.

stefanEgo
x4

Post by stefanEgo » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 11:36

If you like, feel free to send your crashdump (with reference to this thread) to crash@egosoft.com. We'll then double check that the crash indeed is the one we are currently thinking you are running into.
Stefan Hett

grizzley78

okay

Post by grizzley78 » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 14:34

So yes I was on BETA and am on version 1.18 currently. Any eta on when the patch will be pushed out?

As for the logs I'll send them. As mentioned it didn't matter which graphics driver version I had both versions gave me the same error, however if it's due to the oculus app latest version then that would probably explain it.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: okay

Post by CBJ » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 14:43

grizzley78 wrote:So yes I was on BETA and am on version 1.18 currently. Any eta on when the patch will be pushed out?
Unfortunately not as we have to wait for Oculus and AMD on this, as explained here.

grizzley78

Update

Post by grizzley78 » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 16:19

So I reverted back to 1.17 on Oculus, and now the game launches. However even though the game is running as I can see it on the monitor, in the headset I see nothing.

stefanEgo
x4

Post by stefanEgo » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 16:37

We ran into this case too on some of our test machines. In some situations it helped to restart the machine and launch the Oculus store which then showed the popup that the drivers need to be updated. After doing that and restarting the machine the game worked fine again.

In another case we had to completely reinstall the Oculus Store app to make things work again.

I suggest you give it a few days. The current situation should resolve itself in a couple of days anyway.
Stefan Hett

grizzley78

didn't work

Post by grizzley78 » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 17:57

Yeah still didn't work. I can wait until I see a new patch pushed out.

Wavey
xr

Post by Wavey » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 18:12

If its any help im running 384.94 drivers and 1.17 all good
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

garybrain
x4

Re: Update

Post by garybrain » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 00:40

grizzley78 wrote:So I reverted back to 1.17 on Oculus, and now the game launches. However even though the game is running as I can see it on the monitor, in the headset I see nothing.
the blank screen in the headset is because of the new nvidia drivers, I am going to wait for the patch as can't be bothered to roll back the drivers.

stefanEgo
x4

Post by stefanEgo » Mon, 11. Sep 17, 14:50

We just released an update which should resolve the issue. Please make sure that Oculus is at >=1.18 (if that's not already the case, please opt-in into the public test channel - you'd be able to opt-out again by tomorrow latest since then all clients should be running 1.18 by then).
Stefan Hett

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”