Great game but...a few points/questions

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp198419

Great game but...a few points/questions

Post by rp198419 » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 13:57

I am really enjoying the game, INCLUDING the Touch controls, which I thought I would not enjoy. XRVR is MUCH more interesting than EDangerous, which I have played for more than a thousand hours. However, the following points are of concern:

1. The missiles keep firing because it is almost impossible not to trigger the secondory RH trigger when changing position or putting down the controllers for a second. There is no way of 'arming' weapons before use as they are always deployed, which is crazy actually.

2. The interaction button often fails to interact when using the menus, especially when trying to plot a course on the map.

3. The voice acting is possibly the worst I have ever heard; sorry.

4. Having started to build a station, construction stops after the construction ship extends and initial supplies have been delivered. The ship has an architect, defence officer and captain. I have supplied the architect with 50 million credits but she never seems to use more than 3.5m and never asks for more. Half the required components, e-cell fabs, are still missing. Ihave made a separate post about this on the forum.

The game has huge potential and I hope these observations are constructive.

KMD
x3

Post by KMD » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 17:28

Same problems of by mistake launching missiles onto friends when using the left touchpad. Some of the VIVE controllers are very click sensitive.

My suggestion: taking some functions away from the controllers and binding them to interactive cockpit buttons. A cockpit switch for arming/disarming missiles right next to the missile screen would be great or a general attack mode switch to enable/disable weapon use.

Other suggestion: when clicking the missile launch button, first make a warning noise and only fire when the player presses the button for at least 1 second.
Let's rock the Universe!

dertien
x2

Re: Great game but...a few points/questions

Post by dertien » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 17:42

rp198419 wrote:... XRVR is MUCH more interesting than EDangerous
I absolutely agree and this is something that on Steam should be said as well when you write a review. Not many people (including fans of X-3 and X-2) like this game. Even after numerous free patches.

2 other notes:

- XRVR is moddable - and supports mods - ED does not and I doubt if it ever will.
- There is no need to be 'online' all the time like in ED; also a big plus - we are not bound to 'server support' and what the future might bring if ED becomes obsolete and David Braben decides to 'move on'.
rp198419 wrote: 1. The missiles keep firing ... There is no way of 'arming' weapons...
I asked for this also, it should be pretty simple for ego to make a dummy entry in the caroussel of weapons and I do believe that even the icon with a strike-through gun icon is in game.
Not sure why it was never implemented; not here and not in X-Rebirth desktop verision.
rp198419 wrote: The game has huge potential and I hope these observations are constructive.
Idem dito !

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”