[4.20 HF2] bug - Any info on inability to dock with HOTAS?

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Franc Kaos

[4.20 HF2] bug - Any info on inability to dock with HOTAS?

Post by Franc Kaos » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 21:15

At least, for some users.

Would like to know if the developers are actually aware of this situation, or if there is a workaround (not blindly looking for Touch controller). The auto select on dock / npc / station boxes doesn't work. On non VR it's not much of an issue as you can double click the mouse to pull the legacy menu up, not so much in VR.

Cheers.

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 13:55

Hi !! that work for me...aims the icon of doking that work with my hotas ans use buton macr for doking EX : buton 11 for aims the icon and buton 12 for doking

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 15:05

There is an inherent difference between 2D and VR with this issue. Docking while playing on the monitor works all the time. For example the dock icon not triggering in VR, and then taking off the HMD, then on monitor (after unpause) you can dock normally and the trigger works after you click it. Now going back to VR - the trigger again does not show the >< and in VR docking is not possible.

As long as no HF3 is out, the issue will; alas; remain. A new gamestart has solved the problem on occasions; but what happens if the ICON refuses to turn to >ICON< when you load up a an existing saved game every single time. Closing XRVR and loading from scratch is not required, but will not always solve the issue. Speculation as to what is causing this is still going on as nobody has found how one can replicate desired docking trigger behaviour in VR.

Are they aware???

I believe so since Sparky replied to the original topic and AFAICT the issue was not present in the original release - so they know where to look.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=395736

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 23:23

Cheers Dertien for the response, will wait for the next update.
@tuyijop, yea I've got everything mapped out, it just doesn't work for me.

Nuclear option is to reinstall it but I'll wait for the next update first, see if that fixes anything.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 20:22

No worries,

'The nuclear option' is never a good option - ever :) - but in this case it might only increase your wifi bill.

Making sure the integrity of all gamefiles is spic and span should suffice, a reinstall is inconsequential and will most likely resolve very little.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”