XR VR - A cautionary tail about using original Rebirth mods

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

birdtable
x4

XR VR - A cautionary tail about using original Rebirth mods

Post by birdtable » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 18:44

I noticed on Steam that (Star Trucker) had a problem in VR Edition, I have a similar/same issue and have just started a new game (refresher course) in Rebirth 2D (while waiting for Rift to be delivered) with numerous mods and I also have no mk2 weapons and ?? Unknown stations ... The coincidence in 2D and VR could be down to mods carried forward to VR ... maybe best to wait a while before hasty mod additions....

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 22:08

Thanks Birdtable for the report, I just let Star Trucker know of your own experience, asked him if he is using any mods.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 12:00

Have tested Rebirth in Vanilla ,,no issues with unknown Argon stations or Mk2 weapons .... if I use DeVries Freelancer Start Mk2 (only this mod) by captainradish I get unknown station and no mk2 weapons ....

Just for your information regarding Rebirth and Rebirth VR .....

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 17:57

if you nevertheless want to use mods please activate the logfile* and if you encounter errors you can often provide useful informations to the mod authors to resolve the Issues (and, if you have no idea what causes it, its also useful to find out the mod or mod combination making problems )

* pass XVR the start option
-logfile debuglog.txt
and you find it right next to the Savegame Folder ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”