[4.20 HF2] BUG - FA Off speed increasing involuntary after highway exit

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dertien
x2

[4.20 HF2] BUG - FA Off speed increasing involuntary after highway exit

Post by dertien » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 02:46

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
dertien wrote: 2) Flying FA off while exiting a local highway, reducing your speed to zero with the digital controls (thrust reverse) does not work. The control will work, but after letting go off the button, the ship will again be picking up speed and flying forward. The accelerator is thus stuck in the forward position, one needs to press the "full stop" keybind to make the ship stop in order to have full control once again of all 6 thrusters.
2. Might be intentional as slowing the show down doesn't exit the player from highways in regular XR either.
Were talking apples and oranges I believe. Let me explain it again:

It's a bit hard to explain but will give it a shot.

In Flight Assist Off you control the ship with 6 buttons - I'm not using the axes for this:

Up/down strafe
left/right strafe
forward/back 'strafe' so to speak.

Now, before you enter the highway you can set your speed to nil when you have forward momentum using the back strafe to bring the skunk to a halt.

You enter the highway, and fly like it were FA on.

When you exit the highway at the end, you have a certain forward momentum since the highway spits you out at a certain speed so to speak.

However, you cannot reduce your speed to zero using the back strafe thruster and then let go when you speed is zero.

Putting all thrusters to idle (not touching any buttons) - the Skunk picks up speed again as if someone dropped a brick on the accelerator in the highway, or the previously fired retro trusters didn't trigger the cruise control that someone initiated in the highway to shut down.

That should not happen.

If I come out of the highway, and retro-thrust to zero after exiting it, my speed should remain at zero.

Hopes this makes sense

Don't want to breathe down anybody's neck but, would like to remind you that this is a big one:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=395781

and VR related at that since it's not visible on a monitor.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 08:56

Ah, sorry - that speed issue description is very clear. Thanks for that.

I misssunderstood and incorrectly though you were throttling to zero as a means of trying to trigger a highway exit.

jiggywit

Post by jiggywit » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 09:27

There's another thing about the highway. With flight assist on, it's a little bit hard to control the wand steering when entering a highway.
You get tossed back out almost every time.

I just want to mention it because I'm sure someone will , however I don't consider this a bug. I actually like it! I usually disengage wand steering when entering a highway. Or it happens less frequently with flight assist on.

I actually don't mind this behavior, It's all part of flying the ship.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”