[4.w0 HF2] BUG - Load Game Menu issue (and other feedback)

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dertien
x2

[4.w0 HF2] BUG - Load Game Menu issue (and other feedback)

Post by dertien » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 20:25

Right,

Here's three others I've found so far:

1) Enabling the long range scanner is all fine and dandy, but how do you bind it to a controller on the HOTAS. The only keybind that activates the scanner is 'R' on the keyboard, I cannot find this entry in the controls menu

2) Flying FA off while exiting a local highway, reducing your speed to zero with the digital controls (thrust reverse) does not work. The control will work, but after letting go off the button, the ship will again be picking up speed and flying forward. The accelerator is thus stuck in the forward position, one needs to press the "full stop" keybind to make the ship stop in order to have full control once again of all 6 thrusters.

3) The load game menu is broken... completely. One can only launch the quick save from the main screen.

Pressing ESC does nothing, you need to hard reset the game and restart it.

EDIT:

4) The screenshot folder gets filled up with txt files, not screenshots. So screenshots only work with a third party app like Greenshot for example.
Last edited by dertien on Sat, 5. Aug 17, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 22:43

Enabling the long range scanner is all fine and dandy, but how do you bind it to a controller on the HOTAS. The only keybind that activates the scanner is 'R' on the keyboard, I cannot find this entry in the controls menu
Try long pressing the missile button, it worked for me (but this was two updates ago so YMMV). I thought I saw it in bindings but <shrug>, not sure, been dreaming about the HOTAS issues, so might've just dreamed it :)

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 23:17

Franc Kaos wrote:Try long pressing the missile button
i seem to remember this working as well, but it's been a while since i last went crate-hunting. Think it's "Fire Secondary Weapon" in the controls menu.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 23:38

Well I checked twice through all controls, and I'm starting to know their names and memorize where they are located in the config menu by now and couldn't find its entry there :)

Yes indeed that did it, thanks for pointing that out.

So on the keyboard it's 'r' and on the hotas it's the secondary fire button...

<scratches head> but of course makes perfect sense, silly me! :)

Thank you both, one less mystery to unravel.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [BUGS] - Missing binding, speed and load game bug.

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 01:39

1. Glad to hear that is sorted, if unexpected! There's a "keybindings and controllers" page on the regular Egosoft XR wiki so I've created a new page for VR-specific controls in case anyone would like to add notes there. The idea wouldn't be to replace/duplicate the official XR VR User Manual but it can be handy for players to make their own notes too. Anyone can edit or add to wiki pages without a login (tips here).

2. Might be intentional as slowing the ship down doesn't exit the player from highways in regular XR either.

3. Mentioned to Devs, thanks.

4 has been reported on the DE forum and mentioned to Devs.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Sun, 6. Aug 17, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 09:14

I split off the highway speed issue into a new thread as it's easier for manage reports if they're in single-issue threads.

I appreciate it's easier to compile lists as it takes a lot of time to test, find and report issues. I think I've done it too in the past! :) Where possible, please try to use separate threads if it feels like an issue is a bug or something that could be improved.

dlocke
x4

Post by dlocke » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 02:47

Try long pressing the missile button, it worked for me (but this was two updates ago so YMMV). I thought I saw it in bindings but <shrug>, not sure, been dreaming about the HOTAS issues, so might've just dreamed it :)[/quote]

This was what I was looking for Thank You

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”