[4.20 HF1] FEEDBACK - My 2 cents so far

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

big_bad_lynx

[4.20 HF1] FEEDBACK - My 2 cents so far

Post by big_bad_lynx » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 21:56

First things which I noticed and I belive needs ironing out while flying with Oculus and touch combo
1. when activating menu and using analogs ships is moving i.e. strafing
2. when I inverted the stick on the touch which controls the pitch in the menu (old habit using joystick) the control inverted the gesture as well.
3. I managed to adjust forward/backward thrust on the touch only with oculus on. when I clicked "A" to adjust the button it recorded action as gesture of releasing the button A. not a big deal but maybe worth looking into it.
4. not a big deal either - reseting the view could be better than just placing left thumb on the rest. I find myself placing the inger all the time there and keeping the touch without the thumb can be bit awkward over time
5. Steam version here - when going to oculus menu (right function button) right touch vibrates all the time while in the menu

Overal - you guys nailed it. Keep doing good job. I love the game [/i]
Last edited by big_bad_lynx on Sat, 5. Aug 17, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 00:05

How do you find the fighting using Touch? It might be I'm too used to joystick but I found myself fighting the interface more than the enemy and the ship seemed less mobile.

But for every other aspect of the game, the Touch implementation is almost perfect.

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 00:19

I dont know about the touch, but here is my experience with the Vive wands:

Doing 'The Threat' start, responding to the xenon patrol SOS. With the wands, either in touchpad control or gesture control, I die before I can kill the second enemy ship. With a HOTAS, I slaughter the lot of them without taking more than 10% shield damage.

The motion controllers, at the moment, are VERY unintuitive for space flight and combat.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

big_bad_lynx

Post by big_bad_lynx » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 01:24

Franc Kaos wrote:How do you find the fighting using Touch? It might be I'm too used to joystick but I found myself fighting the interface more than the enemy and the ship seemed less mobile.

But for every other aspect of the game, the Touch implementation is almost perfect.
Maybe I got used to it and don't notice this anymore. What miss the most is speed input. sometimes I forget that sped is applied and I keep carry on moving on while I should stop.

I need to admit that targeting, switching weapons etc is bit awkward when everything around is shooting at you

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”